• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What If's You'd like to read

In that universe... an in one other I had... "What If... Gwent Stacy Was Killed By A Mugger?"

Peter goes hermit for a few weeks and comes out with a mission: to organize the super-heroes of the world so that there is greater security. it doesn't really take off until Galactus comes. The Heroes are able to repel him at first, but then he comes back, and the first thing he does is to destroy suddenly and abruptly every capitol city on earth. after Peter leads the Heroes in killing him a new world order is instilled in which the people looked to their heroes for help and they looked Peter. Peter reluctantly took the title of "Monarch", and lead the world. each year he offered to step down, each year he was begged to remain on the throne. Eventually he marries a female version of Namor.

I really liked the doom/peter what if Zoken.The only thing its missing is WonderWman on Spider-man action. But other than that I give it a 4/5.

What if Spider-Man were DC?

His origin remains the same, although he operates out of "Jet City", primarily in the "Buisnes Island" borough. He joins the JLA early on, and He and Wonder Woman become a couple. Due to her up bringing and his progressive attitudes, they often bring Super-Girl in too.

Yes!!! Thats Perfect!!!! But screw Supergirl, just WonderWoman. 5/5 none the less! :woot:

What If The Runaways had Never Re-Runaway.

after the defeat of their parents and the death of Alex Wilder, the surviving Runaways were sent to foster homes. Later they ran away from these homes and rejoined eachother and ranaway once more.

Chase: ever with the itchy feet he couldn't stay. he didn't trust anyone. Chase dissapeared into the night to be all but forgotten by his foster family.

Gert hopped a bus to New York, talked her way into The Avengers Mansion, leaving guilt ridden guards in her wake. she finally confronts Tony Stark who agrees to release Old Lace on the condition that both Gert and Old Lace live in the mansion. They did so, making a fine living and they were even able to alert the other Avengers to the growing insanity of Wanda because of Gert's ever present scrutiny and Old Lace's sense of smell which picked up the ever shifting scent of children and other things.

Nico Minoru was sent back to the orphanage by her foster family because she was "evil". Nico had become dedicated to discovering the powers her parents once possesed as she had nothing better to do. She continued her studies, rarely relying on the Staff of One, while back at the orphanage. Her experiments brought her to the attention of Dr. Strange. He offered to apprentice her.

Karolina ran away, due to the insane preassure her foster family put on her. Also the secret growing inside of her was dying to be let out. when The fantastic Four came through on a publicity tour she begged to join them. given the fantastic nature of her powers they let her "intern" with them. There she learned about her people and about other alien races.

Molly was spirited and loveable and as such was adopted by a human family not long into her stay with the X-Corp orphanage. Most thought she was a traitor for allowing it, but Molly didn't see the world in terms of Human Vs. Mutant. Her foster parents loved Molly deeply, though they sensed something troubling about the young girl. She was hiding something.

gert kept the Avenger's together, but Captain America stepped down because he'd ignored the decay of one of his team members and friend's minds. Tony lead the team in Steve's absence and made Gert an official reserve Avenger. when the Future version of Gert arrived they researched things carefully and quitely extracted both Victor and Marianella so that Ultron wouldn't be able to take them. Marianella was given a job at the new Stark Towers that paid enough for her and Victor to live in the city. Victor had his "sleeper" program deleted by the Vision and was given special access to Stark tower to get to know his "Brother". He was also a part of the Young Avengers when they formed, taking the name "Quioxte" saying he liked the irony.

After M-day Molly refused to leave her foster family. the foster family had started legal action to that effect, but O.N.E. was trying to roll over them and just take Molly. Molly expressed exactly how much she didn't like that idea by literally ripping three O.N.E. transports to bits with her hands. The legal action began to snowball, and while they did win, it wasn't until after Molly's foster parents were assassinated. She managed to ger herself emancipated despite her legal age.

Chase re-emerged from time to time with is finger prints at certain homicides or robberies. all that was ever said was that he struck quickly, killed without hesitation, and didn't hurt the innocent. his victims were crack dealers and meta-crims. they one day found a man layed on in front of the Beverly Center. they identified him as an MGH pusher known as Pusher-Man. however all the technology and magical artifacts he was known for using had been taken. His consigliari, Stick, is still missing.

When Xavin landed, the Fantastic Four helped Karolina finally confess the secret she had been keeping buried so deep, the fact that she was gay. Xavin happily changed for her, but Ben Grimm put in one last word to the Super-Skrull-In-Training; "She's parta d' family. You make her cry... I make you cry." With the Fantastic Four to back them up, the marraige and peace accord went off without a hitch.

Nico was killed when a man came in to steal something from Dr. Strange. She died so that Wong could be cured of his cancer and Dr. Strange could reproduce the blessed elixer.

What if Peter's Parents were never killed by the Red Skull. Peter grows up as a boy Genius with Spy parents.

I'd like to read that,
sort of like a Johny Quest type thing.

What If: Marvel's Infinite Crisis
(follow up to the INCREDIBLY popular Marvel's Crisis on Infinite Earths)
a quick summery of the previous idea:
Beyonder tried editing each universe to his liking which utlimately would lead to him deleting them from existance. The Watcher once again got involved and eventually all of Marvel's Universe and the survivors of the previously destroyed universes banded together to save their universe. During the battle the Beyonder merged all of Marvel's universe, past, present, and future, and what few alternate realities he hadn't touched yet. But eventually the heroes, with hep from some villians, were able to stop and possibly destroy the Beyonder and their universe was safe (all be it merged).
The story takes place about 4-5 years after Marvel's Crisis on Infinite Earth ended.
In this story it is revealed that Scarlet Witch is responcible for a sort of ripple effect of changes to Marvel's Universe. Things happen and change that should have never happened or changed. At first it was small and random, just by her being alive and there the changes just radiated out of her. They find out that it is because of the Beyonder.
Before he was defeated he implanted a small part of his being, his conciousness and power, inside of Wanda. This even accounts for her power boost over the years, and several occurances in the Marvel Universe that just don't make sence. It also revealed the true story behind Avengers Dissassembled.
The Beyonder's powers were growing, and by the end of the story Scarlet Witch is seemingly completely taken over by the Beyonder who is once again messing with the Marvel Universe. The Beyonder is not only angry for being defeated but he also wants to fix this universe that was left so poorly managed.
The Beyonder, still in Wanda's body, begins to edit again. Once again Marvel's heroes and even some villians band together to stop the Beyonder.
The story follows Infinite Crisis semi closely.
Only this time it is done using Marvel characters in the Marvel Universe,
Can they stop the Beyonder and save Scarlet Witch?
How will Marvel's Infinite Crisis end?

Coming Soon: Marvel's 52

Meanwhile...
Elseworlds: DC's Civil War: Its DC's version of Marvel Civil War.
Hero versus Hero, Justice League versus Jusatice League, Superman versus Batman. Or maybe it would be Superman versus Wonder Woman. (I don't see Batman taking Tony's role, but i see Superman taking Captain America's role in this story.)
After a major disaster (caused in part by maybe the Teen Titans or the Outsiders) kills a small town the Government wants to register any Metahumans and vigilantees. Some heroes retire, like several members of the JSA. Other heroes run and hide, refusing to quit or be stopped, like Batman and his Bat Family (Alfred, Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Question, Huntress, Oracle, so on).
Wonder Woman backs the registration and even becomes its frotman, it almost becomes her propossal. While Superman opposses it entirely.
And Batman claimes he refuses to pick sides or get involved, in his eyes what he does is illegal anyway (so he and his crew go underground similar to Nick Fury).
A War between heroes breaks out, Superman's Anti Registration side vs. Wonder Woman's Pro Registration side, with Batman and his vigilantees in the middle.
But will this Civil War end the same way Marvel's did?

What if Marvel events were written as actual stories and not just cheap tricks used to sell crappy books with loose tie-ins to an overall story that falls flat.

Go read annihilation.

here's one i thought of while posting innthe s-m 3 caption thread
what if venom turned mary jane into a symbiote?

That would be the ultimate Ex-Girlfriend

What if the Marvel characters had debued within the MU in the years that they actually debued?: Basically, what if Peter Parker had been 15 in 1962 and was now an adult today? Way I see it:

Spider-Man: Peter Parker is now a fairly famous photo-journalist. He and MJ have two kids, May and Ben, who are both grown. Spider-Man is still very much active in New York, although he is a wanted fugitive. His status is vaguely Robin Hood like.

Daredevil: Matt Murdock is now the Kingpin of Hell's Kitchen, after having killed Wilson Fisk in the 80s. He runs the Kitchen much like an old school "neighborhood watch." As in, anyone who causes trouble in the Kitchen ends up with both legs broken. On the legitimate side of things, Nelson & Murdock is now a very large and influential law firm in New York. Matt has a deal in place with the FBI, made through his connectons with Nick Fury, that basically makes him a somewhat fake mob boss working for the Feds to keep a control on organized crime. Sort of like Moriarty in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. Except, unlike Moriarty, Matt hasn't become corrupt. Although, most would agree that he's crossed a line.

The Fantastic Four: Reed, Sue, Franklin, and Valeria left Earth to explore the universe years ago. Ben and Johnny stayed behind, Ben because of Alicia, and Johnny because he didn't want to give up his celebrity status. Ben is now a husband, father, grandfather, and owner of a deli on Yancy street, aswell as a local hero. Johnny is actually a fairly succesful actor, having been nominated for an oscar three times. The most anyone's ever heard of the Richards' in the yars since they dissapeared is a post card from a dinner on the Skrull homeworld.

Dr. Doom: Doom "disapeared" during a religous cerimony in his private librairy, and is presumed dead by the general public. In his place, his heir, Kristoff, rules Latveria. However, Kristoff believed his surrogate father to still be alive, and searched the mystical realms for him constantly.

The Avengers: Cap and Thor are still alive and kicking, and leading the current Avengers team. Tony died years ago during a rescue operation. The Iron Man armor, after Tony's death, was recreated as to make the Iron Man security company. However, after Tony's patent ran out, the government was able to reproduce the armor, and they now have a fleet of Iron Men in the airforces. A member of the Iron Man security company serves as a member of The Avengers aswell. The Vision found religion a while back, and is now a sort of zen guru in Australia, preaching a philosophy that blends science and spirituality as best as it can. Wanda is there with him. The current team is made up of both new recruits such as Quicksilver's daughter, Luna, and more seasoned heroes, like Justice.

The Hulk: Through a combination of therapy and drug regiments, The Hulk personality is long dormant. Now, only Bruce Banner remains, working on his reaserch from behind the walls of a government psychiatric facility. He is allowed out into the wider world under the observation of Doc Sampson, and is occasionally forced to do work for the government in Hulk mode.

The X-Men: Xaivier is dead, Scott and Jean are running the school, and The X-Men are still keeping things up as political activists and adventurers. They've begun taking up non mutant related causes aswell, such as environmentalism. Magneto has long since abandoned his crusade against humanity, and lives peacefully as Prime Minister of Genosha. Some former Brotherhood members like Toad, however, aren't entirely peaceful.

That's all I've got so far. The overall plot I was thinking of was Doom's return from the outer realms, through the Dreamtime. Since Vison's in Australia, he's linked to that aswell.

(I don't see Batman taking Tony's role, but i see Superman taking Captain America's role in this story.)

Honestly, I would see Batman filling Cap's shoes and Superman filling Tony's (I mean, it wouldn't be the first time he'd be portrayed as the government's pawn). I would actually see Diana being fairly neutral, as she isn't a U.S. citizen.

Honestly, I would see Batman filling Cap's shoes and Superman filling Tony's (I mean, it wouldn't be the first time he'd be portrayed as the government's pawn). I would actually see Diana being fairly neutral, as she isn't a U.S. citizen.

I can see Batman taking Cap's side too. But I think Superman being a government pawn has been done too much already. Its too Cliché. Plus I don't see him actually doing that.
Also I think Superman is like Captain America in terms of popularity and status in DC Universe. So, just like in Civil War with Captain America, it would be a real shock to have Superman turn around on the Government and say, "No! I don't agree with you. And I will fight you to stop you."
I see Superman's motives being very similar to Captain America's.

If Superman took tony's part it would sort of be expected. But if Wonder Woman would it would be very unexpected, sort of like Tony taking sides wityh the Government.
She was sent to America, to Man's World, to teach them how to live and to bring them peace. So she might see the Metahuman Registration Act as a step in the right direction, a step towards peace. And since she is an outsider, from Themascara (spelling?), she might not see a problem with giving up some freedoms in order to bring peace.

As for Batman, I see him think that what he does is illegal anyway. He knows he is a vigilantee and working outside of law. I also see him saying that outloud but secretly planning something, and I see him working more in secret and behind the scenes that with Superman on the frontline.
I see him leading a small band of rebels, like Nightwing, Question, Batgirl, Oracle, Alfred, Robin, Huntress, Creeper, Green Arrow and Black Canary, maybe even Wildcat, and just a few others.

At least thats how I would make my version of DC's Civil War.

I can see Batman taking Cap's side too. But I think Superman being a government pawn has been done too much already. Plus I don't see him actually doing that.
Also I think Superman is like Captain America in terms of popularity and status in DC Universe. So, just like in Civil War with Captain America, it would be a real shock to have Superman turn around on the Government and say, "No! I don't agree with you. And I will fight you to stop you."
I see Superman's motives being very similar to Captain America's.

If Superman took tony's part it would sort of be expected. But if Wonder Woman would it would be very unexpected, sort of like Tony taking sides wityh the Government.
She was sent to America, to Man's World, to teach them how to live and to bring them peace. So she might see the Metahuman Registration Act as a step in the right direction, a step towards peace. And since she is an outsider, from Themascara (spelling?), she might not see a problem with giving up some freedoms in order to bring peace.

As for Batman, I see him think that what he does is illegal anyway. He knows he is a vigilantee and working outside of law. I also see him saying that outloud but secretly planning something, and I see him working more in secret and behind the scenes that with Superman on the frontline.
I see him leading a small band of rebels, like Nightwing, Question, Batgirl, Oracle, Alfred, Robin, Huntress, Creeper, Green Arrow and Black Canary, maybe even Wildcat, and just a few others.

But Superman just seems like he'd support something like that. He is a deputized police officer and federal agent, and more than a few members of his rogues gallery, like the second Bloodsport and The Elite, are fairly violent and uncontrolable vigilantes.

As for Wonder Woman, she would never support giving up freedoms for peace. Her whole stance is peace through communication and understanding, not harsher law. And as I said, she isn't an American citizen, so it seems highly unlikely that she would be enforcing an American law. Superman, on the other hand, is, as I said, a deputized federal agent.

Back during the creation of Spider-Man Stan Lee said he first went to his go to guy for character design, Jack Kirby, to design Spider-Man/Peter Parker.
But he says that he asked Kirby to draw someone who wasn't a big hulking hero, so Kirby tried but it wasn't what Stan Lee was hoping for. So he asked Steve Ditko.

Kirby's Spider-Man:
AmazingFantasy15.jpg

and style:
realcomic_captainamerica.jpg

Ditko's Spider-Man:
ditko.jpg

My "What If" is this:
What If Jack Kirby had Designed the Final Version of Spider-Man?
How would the character look? How would Spider-Man and Peter Parker differ from Steve Ditko's design?
What would the difference in design done to Spider-Man as a comic and as a character?
What would he be like today, what changes would have been made over the years, and how would his stories and the other characters in his comic been different?

That is a "What If" I would Love to see.

Thank you, I fixed it.
I guess that sort of answers what Spider-man might have looked like.
But there still is what Peter Parker would have looked like, and over time What influence would Kibry's styled have had on the over all story of Spider-man?
Plus the other character designs?

I'd love to see a What If story that's multi-part (four issues or more). Like the Star Wars Infinities comics. Some of the past What If comics have been awesome but I'd love it if they did something completely different like that.

Thank you, I fixed it.
I guess that sort of answers what Spider-man might have looked like.
But there still is what Peter Parker would have looked like, and over time What influence would Kibry's styled have had on the over all story of Spider-man?
Plus the other character designs?

Peter Parker shows up in an old issue of Fantastic Four.

what if the avengers wereformed as a merger of the x-men and the ff

what if peter parker had been a military cadet when the spider bit him

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"