Iron Man 2 What Iron Man Villains Will You Like To See In The Sequel?

Doesn't matter... there are better villains for the world that was established... Ultimo would be no different than Foom other than the fact that its more grounded to the movie world. I don't mind if they go with Foom as long as they have a decent explanation for it. Long as we get Mandarin we are set.

And how is Ultimo grounded more in the "movie" world? Because he's a giant robot? That's just as fantastical as a giant alien dragon.

i think it'll be risky to put some magical elements and villains in these movies. people are just so used to superhero movies trying to establish a realistic style. but they are gonna have to, once they introduce Thor, so i dont see a problem with any villain really...as long as he's bad a$$!

and i think it'll be pretty exciting and different. we'll see though

In all seriousness. Why would someone bioengineer a dragon when he could develop much more dangerous weapons? The cool factor isn't enough. We've seen dragons before.

Well, the first movie already dealt with the dangers of weapons technology, so it would need to be something new for #2. People nowadays are also scared of biological weapons and genetic modification, so this could be the theme for the new movie. The Mandarin's an evil genius. In addition to bio-weapons like new viruses he could have the power to engineer new lifeforms. Think of Foom as being like Godzilla, only instead of being a genetic mutation caused by radioactivity he could be an artificial lifeform from a lab.

Add to this the role that dragons have in Chinese mythology -- they are almost like gods -- and Mandarin would have a weapon that would have a powerful effect on the Chinese people.

That's just one possibility, mind you. They could also go with Foom as an alien being, which to me would be cool because most aliens look too humanoid to me.

Anyway, does it really matter so much? Indiana Jones is a realistic hero in a realistic world, and they use all kinds of mystical stuff in those movies. Doesn't seem to bother anyone.

I am not saying Foom can't work... if he is used him selectively, along the lines of the Kraken in POTC: DMC... they don't HAVE to use Ultimo... but obviously Mandarin will need some help... guys like Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man... even if they are updated versions... are too similar to Iron Monger.

For an opening sequence... assuming Raza somehow survived from the first film... Mandarin could feed him to Foom... something like that works.

Are you guys familiar with The Mandarin? He alone would be a match for Iron Man, and probably War Machine as well. At the same time.

Guy's a bad ass. :word:

^^^ Yup, Mandarin should be the main villain for the sequel.

Box office gross now stands at over $120 million after just ONE week -- by the end of this weekend IM will probably have surpassed the complete gross of last summer's F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer. This is HUGE, folks. We are looking at the next Batman/Spiderman type franchise. Should be plenty of sequels to come, with lots of roles for everyone's favorite bad guys.

But I'd still like to see the Mandarin in the next one. I hope they don't put him off for too long...

Well, the first movie already dealt with the dangers of weapons technology, so it would need to be something new for #2.

But going from the jericho missle and armor to...a dragon?

Anyway, does it really matter so much? Indiana Jones is a realistic hero in a realistic world, and they use all kinds of mystical stuff in those movies. Doesn't seem to bother anyone.

The Indiana Jones movies set a precent for the mysticism right off the bat. And I've gotta be honest, Fin Fang Foom is a FAR cry from the kinds of things you see in the Indiana Jones movies.

I mean, if they use a dragon, they use a dragon. But it just smacks of "Hey, let's put a dragon into the movie because it's cool".

I think Mandarin is fine, but his name isn't very PC (I can imagine that it might offend some Chinese audience oversea), and his powers (the rings) imo don't really work against an armored hero like IM on the big screen. I think IM's villains should be mostly tech-based, like Iron Monger, and Mandarin can work behind the scene and only show up during the big climax. Crimson Dynamo can be reworked to fit the current political climate in Russia, and I think he'd be a good villain for IM2.

I think Mandarin is fine, but his name isn't very PC (I can imagine that it might offend some Chinese audience oversea), and his powers (the rings) imo don't really work against an armored hero like IM on the big screen. I think IM's villains should be mostly tech-based, like Iron Monger, and Mandarin can work behind the scene and only show up during the big climax. Crimson Dynamo can be reworked to fit the current political climate in Russia, and I think he'd be a good villain for IM2.

They are not going to be offended dude. I'm sure the people in China read the Iron Man comic books and know of the Mandarin. No white people were offended by Obadiah Stane being white. You fanboys really need to knock it off.

I mean, if they use a dragon, they use a dragon. But it just smacks of "Hey, let's put a dragon into the movie because it's cool".

Well no, it's more like "hey let's put fff in because.... well because we're making a comic movie about Iron Man and fff just so happens to be an Iron Man foe. And because it'll be cool"

But going from the jericho missle and armor to...a dragon?

Well, more like going from the Jericho missile (which taps into the public's fears of WMDs) to a mutant monster (which taps into their fears of genetically modified viruses, crops, and other DNA experiments). It's a timely issue and should resonate with audiences.

I am all for having a different type of threat... mech warriors going at it ala Tranformers gets lame after a while... though Fin Fang Foom may be too overthetop. Not my first choice to say the least. Plus its not like we haven't seen enough dragons in Hollywood.

Well no, it's more like "hey let's put fff in because.... well because we're making a comic movie about Iron Man and fff just so happens to be an Iron Man foe. And because it'll be cool"

Who cares what the reason for putting Fin Fang Foom in the sequel is. It's a superhero movie, they can do anything as long as it's cool and not cheesy.

Well, more like going from the Jericho missile (which taps into the public's fears of WMDs) to a mutant monster (which taps into their fears of genetically modified viruses, crops, and other DNA experiments). It's a timely issue and should resonate with audiences.

I have never in my life met someone who feared genetic mutation, or genetically mutated dragons. Ever.

Why don't you just say "The Mandarin can be about weapons but still have a dragon"?

I have never in my life met someone who feared genetic mutation, or genetically mutated dragons. Ever.

Why don't you just say "The Mandarin can be about weapons but still have a dragon"?

not a day goes by when i dont cower at the thought of a genetically mutated dragon destoying everything i know..not one single day!

and when it comes to me in my dreams...it usually looks something like this!
trogdor.jpg

Hnnh. I figured it would look like Cybil Shepard.

Well no, but having Iron Man fight a crop of genetically modified wheat would be kinda lame.:woot:

Seriously though, there is something creepy about DNA modification, like crossing spiders with goats (don't laugh, it's been done) and it makes some people uneasy. That's why for the Spiderman movie they changed the radioactive spider that bites Peter Parker to a genetically modified spider. They wanted to tap into modern-day fears.

There was already an "armored man vs armored man" fight in the first one. They need to come up with something a little different for the sequel. Mandy's rings can do considerable damage, and could look really cool in use on the big screen.

I'd like to see a team of weaker villains messing with Iron Man by being clever and not fighting him and War Machine directly until they are forced to. I'd also like a Thor cameo to set up the bigger plot going on in the background where Iron Man faces things beyond his understanding ie magic and alien technology. These combined threats make Iron Man convinced that the Avenger Initiative is an important step in his mission as the world's weapon inspector, now expanded into a larger universe. This would set up the Avenger film as ultimately being Iron Man's third in a trilogy as the skeleton of it was set-up in the first two films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"