Comics What is Marvel thinking?!

You could say the same thing about the original Spider-mobile. It's still a campy concept and one the most derided aspects of Spider-man lore. Not saying you can't enjoy it though.

You could say the same thing about the original Spider-mobile. It's still a campy concept and one the most derided aspects of Spider-man lore. Not saying you can't enjoy it though.

Aloha,
Campy is being nice.Actually, I hated it. My point is that Spidey is more than the comic. For we comic book fans its the Holy Grail. But everything nowadays is part of a greater marketing plan. So that' where the Spider Mobile comes in. It's a toy, possibly a ride at Disneyland. Issue #2 it's no where to be found or mentioned, instead we get a
Spider-Sub
another Toy.
As far as the actual issue #2- nice to see Hobie Brown playing a bigger role in Amazing. They completely left us hanging regarding the final pages of #1. It looks more and more like this volume of Amazing is resembling the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons especially the SHIELD relationship.
Spidey rules

Last edited:
this series has nothing to do or what not from usm toon.

Aloha,
How many times within regular Amazing Spider-Man continuity has Spidey had any dealings with Nick Fury?That's the relationship that I'm talking about.Since this is the beginning of this arc, I'll wait and see how much of a relationship between Parker Industries and SHIELD forms.As you know, in the Ultimate Spidey cartoons the relationship is very strong.
Spidey rules

I've been gone from the boards and buying comics for a while, but recently I picked up ASM and...I like it. I stopped reading ASM around Spider Verse, and I've gotta say, the dramatic new shift in Spidey is actually fun and I'm glad we're not back to Pete being down on his luck. I enjoy the new outfit, but the green glow clashes for me, I'd prefer something closer to blue. Also, it's nice having someone to play off Spidey, I like Hobie being his partner.
I'm super glad ol' Alexi is back (and OKSANA?!), but I'm worried who the man in the red suit is, I hope it's not Mephisto...also, I'm not happy the villain from Renew Your Vows made it to mainline Marvel...I expect a lot of obscure characters getting killed off for him...mumble...mumble...

So here is question once we do see this current status quo go and likely see someone new or even slott as writer. What do folks want to see marvel do with status quo. It's not likely we see him just go back to money woes peter and working at the bugle again.

Aloha,
If you've read #3 by now you will see that Parker Industries makes weapons for SHIELD as part of this new continuity.Elements of the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoons have come into this volume of Amazing Spider-Man. I'm not necessarily against that, I'm just calling it like I see it. Spidey now has more Spider vehicles than Batman. We have the Spider Mobile, Spider Skimmer, Spider Copter and Spider cycle. If those toys don't come out by this X-mas, next year for sure.
Now, I actually enjoyed the story for several reasons.The basic premise being set up here is "what if an everyman made a lot a money, how would it change him?" If Peter Parker is an Everyman, than as a rich man, he's showing himself to be one of great character and humility. Which is what he has always been. He's giving people like
Harry Osborn and Clayton (Clash)
a chance.He's giving total props to
the memory of the FF with their statue in the entrance.
And because you have young billionaires in the world like Zuckerberg, Peter, while more mature in this volume, still comes off as a young,single successful man.
Spidey rules

i get that but still nothing from the ultimate book or the crummy cartoon is really directly related simular yes but its not the same thing. As they are doing totally different stuff and all.

So here is question once we do see this current status quo go and likely see someone new or even slott as writer. What do folks want to see marvel do with status quo. It's not likely we see him just go back to money woes peter and working at the bugle again.

Aloha,
You know, in Peter's life , it could happen. I mean, it's not out of the question that someone does a hostile takeover of PI.One time if I'm not mistaken The Black Panther bought controlling interest in Stark Enterprises. I could see Peter losing it all for a special cause which would not matter to him. I think it's kind of sad for a guy as old and accomplished as JJJ to wind up being a street level reporter. So if that could happen to JJJ, Peter could go back to being if not poor, just no longer rich. Slott is diabolical.
Spidey rules

Okay, I wasn't very optimistic on this new take on Spidey, but after having read the first 2 issues, I have to say it was fun. I prefer the down and out Peter, but this is a fun deviation. Also, Slott does a great job keeping to this little continuity that he has created.
Hobie...also awesome.
Haven't read number 3, yet, but that's because my LCS closed up, and the nearest one is 45 minutes away from my house, so I pick them up when I can. I honestly don't read enough comics to keep a pull list anymore. (That's not to say there aren't great books that I want to buy, but I'm trying to pay some things off before I get back into it.)

ya it isnt that bad. And peter is still pretty much peter and spidey is spidey still. Just more toys and a bigger scale to play in. Still my question be once this status quo goes in like 2 or 3 yrs and/or slott off the book. How should they take peter. As i said before as nice as it is the money woes problems and working at the bugle. I cant see them going ack to that again. After peter having and running a corp entity and all.

I just got a nice spidey sketch cover done at a signing for artist joe jusko on a vol. 4 #1 blank. Here it is for everyone:
20151114_143528.jpg

Found a different host site and got it roated right.

Last edited:
I usually do it in MS Paint and then upload it to an image hosting site.

Thing was I was on my phone and photo is right side up and then when I went to hosting site which was tiny pic it rotate it for some odd reason. But if I click on photo after I posted it and do view picture it goes right side up. I don't know what deal is.

Last edited:
ya it isnt that bad. And peter is still pretty much peter and spidey is spidey still. Just more toys and a bigger scale to play in. Still my question be once this status quo goes in like 2 or 3 yrs and/or slott off the book. How should they take peter. As i said before as nice as it is the money woes problems and working at the bugle. I cant see them going ack to that again. After peter having and running a corp entity and all.

Aloha,
I could see a corporate takeover of Parker Industries by Roxxon or Liz Allen or someone else and making Peter if not penniless, no longer a millionaire. I could see him almost happy to be back as a regular guy without the corporate responsibilities.I'm sure he will have socked away enough money not to be broke, but he may get back into crime photography.
Spidey rules

Sort of off topic, but I've been reading Invincible Iron Man. What a great start to a series and is easily better than the current ASM--I haven't bought any of those issues but I've read most in the store...unimpressed. And, to be truthful, I actually care more about where MJ is headed than Peter, at the moment.

Issue 4 in Invincible is MJ's intro and it was a bit premature to have her on the cover considering she's only there for about 3 pages. That doesn't take away how good that series is turning out so far nor does the importance she may and probably will play as issues continue, based upon Bendis' quotes from interviews about her involvement. The new ASM line is fairly lame, imho and not very fun nor interesting. I'm much more vested as to what MJ will be up to than whatever plans they have with Peter...it's a bittersweet thing. MJ may only be considered a supporting character but she's also incredibly important to me. Though I will say, I consider it a benefit for her sake that she's currently in the hands of Bendis rather than Slott.

well if we read the first issue of the relaunch we know ock mind is now in control of the living brain. He is bound to make a big splash some time soon. Though i would hate to see ock take control away from peter. I see it more sanjay probably screws with things and takes control from peter via the board. Then ock returns and the comp gets destroyed in the process or something of that link.

ALOHA,
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all the Spidey gang.

May 2016 be one of the best for you, your family and of course our hero

Spider-Man.
Spidey rules
:susd:

The Spider-Mobile is so stupid, why not just webswing?

it has a purpose for trips he is going on to conserve webbing and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"