Comics What is Marvel thinking?!

So what are folks thoughts and opinions for the upcoming dead no more summer story that is getting preview in one of the free comic book day books.

So what are folks thoughts and opinions for the upcoming dead no more summer story that is getting preview in one of the free comic book day books.

Aloha,
I'll have to check out the preview and get back to you.So far for me v.4 of Amazing is okay. I had to accept the fact that this is a logical follow up to Superior Spider-Man. Once the real Peter came back into his own self, he was Dr. Peter Parker and the head of Parker Industries.That's not Peter as much as Doc ock as Peter and all of this is the aftermath.From a marketing stand point it makes sense since all of the Spider gadgets get to be made into toys.I'm sure that before the Marvel Spider-Man hit theaters, comic book Peter will resemble his more Everyman persona.
I also think there will be a Peter/Miles team up book with the next few years.
Spidey rules

i am just curious to see what will happen with peter and the company when in time we know it will implode and the company be gone and peter not rich. I really cant see them having him just go back to teacher/bugle after this. So i wonder how things will be then.

As for the dead mno more story i bet no one will be a real thing. Its probably related to the man in the red suit that been bringing back loved ones of villains. If any one comes back to live in the story for good its more likely be ock and maybe and i would like this silver sable.

I think it definitely Dr Octopus. They already show him hiding out in the Living brain.

well we have all the dead no more teasers out showing more folks and villains to boot. I def bet either the folks who are back are fakes, or likely to be clones that die off by the end of the story. If any one is back to the full land of the living its more likely just going to be doc ock. with his brian still in living brian and if its clones he maybe transfer his mind to the clone ock body and bam.

well we have all the dead no more teasers out showing more folks and villains to boot. I def bet either the folks who are back are fakes, or likely to be clones that die off by the end of the story. If any one is back to the full land of the living its more likely just going to be doc ock. with his brian still in living brian and if its clones he maybe transfer his mind to the clone ock body and bam.

Aloha,
Makes sense to me:yay:.We need to read the story in FCBD to know for sure.
Spidey rules

Aloha,
Read an interview with Slott regarding Dead no more, now I am getting excited. Sounds like he's got the whole thing plotted out and ready to blow us away(let's hope).:yay:
Spidey rules

Couple questions

Does Spider-man still have his spider sense ?

And how does his costume work , is it some kind of organic metal or something ?

Aloha,
We are thirteen issues into the All New Amazing. Any comments out there?
Spidey rules

Aloha,
We are thirteen issues into the All New Amazing. Any comments out there?
Spidey rules

I don't like it. Especially this last issue, #13. Peter is acting like a child, the dialogue is cringeworthy. Slott is horrible and I can't wait for him to be off ASM.

That's not to say I don't enjoy the new version of Spider-Man. I've been loving him in Spidey/Deadpool and his appearance in Invincible Iron Man was good. I guess that's what happens when you have capable writers.

Aloha,
It will always be hard for me to see Peter as a CEO. I don't think Marvel has plans to remove Slott anytime soon from the interveiws that i've read with him.
Spidey rules

I honestly don't care for the new direction. I gave it 3 or 4 issues, but, with no local comic shop, I haven't been getting it. It's not worth the 35 minute drive. Now, Spidey is good...but the original artist has already been replaced, so we're beginning that downward spiral most Spidey books suffer when they don't have that "Amazing" moniker attached. Story is still solid...but the art in the issue with Green Goblin was VERY simple. Not stylized...just saw a lot of poor artist's shortcuts. I should know! I've taken the same ones before.
As for ASM, it just doesn't grab me like it once did. I miss Spider-man fighting super-villains from his rogue's gallery...and stopping muggers...and having money troubles...and maybe even having those personal one-off stories that aren't always directly dependent on the overall storyline.

Man, remember the stand-alone tales Paul Jenkins used to write in Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man? AH!! Those were great. Dan even had his "Matters of Life and Death" two parter which was amazing. It dealt heavily with Marla Jameson's passing, but it was still a great short story.

Sorry for the ramble. Haven't posted in awhile in here.

seeing as how this place has been an absolute buzz of discussion activity as of late concerning the book, I think THAT says it all...
th_redface.gif

seeing as how this place has been an absolute buzz of discussion activity as of late concerning the book, I think THAT says it all...
th_redface.gif

Too true. I'm going to copy and paste my thoughts from the lounge:

Yes, I'm reading it. And Peter being the CEO of his own corporation is not even the problem with everything that is wrong with the current story. Him being CEO was supposed to this progression for the character that allowed him to be more of his own man, be successful, finally, based on his own inventions and his genuis. I seem to remember many supporters of this change stating this very idea however it has gone in the other direction. Peter is acting more selfish, ignorant, irresponsible, childish and stupid than I can recall in recent memory. Slott really needs to go. This last issue was down right embarassing as a Spidey fan. Dan Slott writes what he knows though... an impulsive, irresponsible, self-centered, angry guy who neglects his work and gets into completely needless fights.

Spidey/Deadpool is in the very capable hands of Joe Kelly. It's amazing the difference you get with a writer that knows the character and knows how to convey it properly.

They (Marvel) finally acknowledge the, by far and away, most popular Spider-Man story of 2015 in Renew Your Vows. Yet thanks to Slott, the guy who penned that story in the first place, is ignoring those points and has completely ruined the story thus far. There's a reason that comic mini-series went thru 4 printings and it wasn't because of the villain. It was because of the dynamic between MJ and Peter. It was their relationship and of course with their daughter taking on Regent together...everything felt and was personal.

But look at what we currently have, MJ although present has been sidelined as nothing more than a cameo and the story features Betty Brant in a larger role. The central focus of the storyline is now between Peter and Tony, the two of them acting like children and endangering children for that matter, though Peter is clearly more at fault cause Tony isn't aware that Pete is Spider-Man. Nonetheless, that is NOT what made the RYV story so great in the first place. Also, Regent isn't even the same villain that he was in RYV...I mean, seriously, how difficult is it to make him into the same character.

Slott is souring RYV with this current garbage that he's writing. I honestly felt dumber after reading that last issue of ASM.

The last Spidey comic I read was Superior #31... :o

sounds like it's time for Slott to be serenaded with...

"NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY, GOO-OOD-BYE..."

it's been LONG overdue, iMo...

I prefer to wait and see what they have in mind before I bring out the torches and pitchforks.

I stopped reading ASM after the 18th issue of the previous relaunch, post-SpOck. This makes the third time that I have stopped reading current Spider-Man books; the other two times being when Ben took over the role of Spider-Man, and again after Civil War. At this point, I have come to terms with the fact that there will likely be some "inventive" story that will get me to momentarily stop reading Spider-Man while I await a return to a more grounded telling of the character.

I have heard good things about Superior Spider-Man, but I never picked that up. I have heard good things about the current run of ASM with Peter running Parker Industries, but I won't be picking that up either. For all the talk about Peter growing up and getting a stable job...he's already had that...twice. I miss the days when Peter taught high school science, and was married to MJ.

As a teacher, Peter got to apply his gift, help children, all while still struggling to balance his personal life with his life as Spider-Man. I even bought into his work with Max, creating inventions and "helping" Spider-Man with gadgets. The idea that Peter goes from struggling to balance his daily life to being a multi-millionaire playboy is a ridiculous one. Peter struggling isn't about immaturity; it is about the difficulty that an everyman would face if they were truly devoted to living their life as a superhero.

I think people forget that most superheroes are wealthy or funded. Batman, Green Arrow, Fantastic 4...all wealthy. The X-Men live in a MANSION, owned by Professor X. Spider-Man stood apart from his peers because he had no such resources, yet he managed to be as good a hero (if not better) as his peers in the superhero community. Taking that struggle away from Peter doesn't make Peter suddenly "mature" or show progress. Removing his struggle is pretty much a lazy cop-out that robs Spider-Man of his most endearing trait.

Last edited:
I prefer to wait and see what they have in mind before I bring out the torches and pitchforks.

This would be OK...if Slott wasn't writing it. I stopped reading the book a while ago because of this. Slott has ruined my desire to read any comics any more.

I stopped reading ASM after the 18th issue of the previous relaunch, post-SpOck. This makes the third time that I have stopped reading current Spider-Man books; the other two times being when Ben took over the role of Spider-Man, and again after Civil War. At this point, I have come to terms with the fact that there will likely be some "inventive" story that will get me to momentarily stop reading Spider-Man while I await a return to a more grounded telling of the character.

I have heard good things about Superior Spider-Man, but I never picked that up. I have heard good things about the current run of ASM with Peter running Parker Industries, but I won't be picking that up either. For all the talk about Peter growing up and getting a stable job...he's already had that...twice. I miss the days when Peter taught high school science, and was married to MJ.

As a teacher got to apply his gift, help children, while still struggling to balance his personal life with his life as Spider-Man. I even bought into his work with Max, creating inventions and "helping" Spider-Man with gadgets. The idea that Peter goes from struggling to balance his daily life to being a multi-millionaire playboy is a ridiculous one. Peter struggling isn't about immaturity; it is about the difficulty that an everyman would face if they were truly devoted to living their life as a superhero.

I think people forget that most superheroes are wealthy or funded. Batman, Green Arrow, Fantastic 4...all wealthy. The X-Men live in a MANSION, owned by Professor X. Spider-Man stood apart from his peers because he had no such resources, yet he managed to be as good a hero (if not better) as his peers in the superhero community. Taking that away from Peter doesn't make Peter suddenly "mature" or show progress. Removing his struggle is pretty much a lazy cop-out that robs Spider-Man of his most endearing trait.

I agree with all of this. Thank you for this post.

Edit: IMO, the current run of ASM is NOT worth picking up. If you're interested in some good new Spider-Man comics, may I suggest the Spidey/Deadpool run. I'm not a DP fan myself, but the story has been quite good and the characterization(s) are spot on but mostly they have been so much fun. Issue #4 was one of the most fun Spider-Man issues I've read in awhile.

I agree with all of this. Thank you for this post.

Edit: IMO, the current run of ASM is NOT worth picking up. If you're interested in some good new Spider-Man comics, may I suggest the Spidey/Deadpool run. I'm not a DP fan myself, but the story has been quite good and the characterization(s) are spot on but mostly they have been so much fun. Issue #4 was one of the most fun Spider-Man issues I've read in awhile.

I've actually started picking up Spidey. I was skeptical of yet another retelling of Spider-Man's origin...especially since there have been so many recent retellings (Learning to Crawl, Season One, With Great Power), but I decided to take the plunge anyway. Thus far, the story is okay. I appreciate the return of the classic Spider-Man scenario. And I like that the current story has Peter interacting with characters that he previously had not interacted with during his early days (e.g. Black Panther). I'll have to look into Spidey/Deadpool. There is always room for properly told Spider-Man stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"