What is the highest power class Hulk would tend to take a majority against?

Jimmy-San

Civilian
Reaction score
Well, we know DH and RH think it's Celestial or Galactus-level ... But to the majority of posters here: where would you put it? Obviously Hulk can win more often than not against the more physical Thor-class guys, but I think most of us see the ones like Surfer, who use more esoteric powers, as taking him the majority.

Barring occasional good/bad matchups for him, where do you generally see him fitting?

Personally, I always saw Iron Man as being at the top of the second tier, with Wonder Woman, Wonder Man, Barda, Zauriel, etc. close behind. However, I see Hulk taking a majority against each of these beings, and most at their power level. I was thinking Hulk may well merit his own power class, above the top of the second tier, but not really quite with the prominent Heralds. This is, of course, taking into account his healing factor and rage factor giving him the dynamic power advantage.

-Jimmy

You place Zauriel that high? I mean, he had a nice little variety of powers, low superhuman strength, nice sword... What did he ever do to really impress you? :confused:

I really don't know where to place The Hulk in this instance, honestly. I'd have to think on it.

Hulk's hard to place. I'd place him herald level or higher for his raw planet smashing feats of strength and durability, but he's also been shown to be extremely vulnerable to the cosmics, at least to the Surfer, and to a certain Sorcerer Supreme. It seems to me, judging from all their stalemates, that Marvel views him as Thor's equal, i.e., top of the top tier, greatest in sheer physical strength but lacking other powers, and that's probably fine. He's basically like a really powerful atomic bomb that can do all sorts of damage, but can also be defused by the right approach (i.e., Surfer's). (I don't know if Rom's inability to suck the gamma out of him means anything with respect to Norrin's ability to do so.)

Rom isn't exactly the most powerful character around. I remember his neatralizer having some effect anyhow...

But, regardless, very good post. I like the descreption of The Hulk in general. Respectful, but modest. :)

Jimmy-San said:
Well, we know DH and RH think it's Celestial or Galactus-level ...

-Jimmy

sorry No, hulk is not above celestial beings, but sure,and the majority of Marvel Fans agrees with me, hulk is above DarkSeid.

So chose a class in which you general put Darkseid,the hulk is in the class above.

DevilHulk said:
the majority agrees with this

Wonderful job editing and therefore slaughtering what he said. Why don't you put your assumptions to the test? Make a poll anywhere on The Hype, you'll see what the majority thinks. Just like in The Hulk vs. Flash thread you made, and not suprisingly, lost.

DevilHulk said:
sorry No, hulk is not above celestial beings, but sure,and the majority of Marvel Fans agrees with me, hulk is above DarkSeid.

So chose a class in which you general put Darkseid,the hulk is in the class above.

How would you know, really? :confused:

Really, start a poll. You'll see who agrees with you...

X said:
Wonderful job editing and therefore slaughtering what he said. Why don't you put your assumptions to the test? Make a poll anywhere on The Hype, you'll see what the majority thinks. Just like in The Hulk vs. Flash thread you made, and not suprisingly, lost.

How would you know, really? :confused:

Really, start a poll. You'll see who agrees with you...

this is a hulk related board, the hulk is losing the poll against Flash(21-29) till now, do you agree with this ? oh,here we go.....

now let me explain why the hulk is losing that poll: hulk is not losing that poll, i'm losing that poll against your multialias and many supporters.I admit i have less supporters than you. :) and they all voted against me,except few exceptions.

Open the same thread on hulkmovie.board another hulk related thread where you have no slaves that put votes for you ........i bet all my money the hulk would beat Flash , you know too he would win since most of them agree with me and you know it better than me.......they kicked (all) your ass time ago.

to summarize:

we have 2 hulk related boards:in the first board the hulk is losing a poll , in the other he wins ( he won a poll against Mangog who is light year to Flash....)

why this difference? because there are no slaves, just like here you have.People votes who thinks should win,people votes for the hulk.
Deal with it and enjoy your slaves-victory !!

anyway 29-21
http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6190095#post6190095

so there are at least 21 persons agreed with me about the fact that the hulk should beat Flash more times than not,considering your and Jonathanos opinion " Flash owns anyone since his opponent should be a statue" i can be happy of that results!

:) strange that 29 persons voted Flash but only you,Jonathanos,Elrah and few others explained your argument(even if really weak) i did not see 29 opinions and reasons why the hulk should lose.....the power of multialias ? :D :D

I didn't see 21 reasons that The Hulk would win either. I've seen a vaste amount more explanations as to why The Flash would win almost every time, but nothing from you, nothing comic related anyhow, and Rod keeps swearing by the thunderclap. Not very convincing. As opposed to the Flash thread link that was given showing numerous Flash feats, laying out Mongul, ect ect.

X said:
I didn't see 21 reasons that The Hulk would win either. I've seen a vaste amount more explanations as to why The Flash would win almost every time, but nothing from you, nothing comic related anyhow, and Rod keeps swearing by the thunderclap. Not very convincing. As opposed to the Flash thread link that was given showing numerous Flash feats, laying out Mongul, ect ect.

start with this and learn something :up:

170zu.jpg

that girl was not moving as a truck(since you and jonathanos said that Quicksilver could move fast as a truck when the hulk tagged him) the hulk tagged her,the hulk owned her.Strenght always beats speed.

You're comparing someone that moves around seven hundred miles an hour and is unexperienced to someone who can move much faster than 186,000 miles a second? She was running in a circle as well.

Show me some real proof. Jonathanos showed several scans... You post one out of continuity fight with an inexperienced, slow speedster running in circles and I'm supposed to be impressed?

Masterfungus said:
Hulk's hard to place. I'd place him herald level or higher for his raw planet smashing feats of strength and durability, but he's also been shownil to be extremely vulnerable to the cosmics, at least to the Surfer, and to a certain Sorcerer Supreme. It seems to me, judging from all their stalemates, that Marvel views him as Thor's equal, i.e., top of the top tier, greatest in sheer physical strength but lacking other powers, and that's probably fine. He's basically like a really powerful atomic bomb that can do all sorts of damage, but can also be defused by the right approach (i.e., Surfer's). (I don't know if Rom's inability to suck the gamma out of him means anything with respect to Norrin's ability to do so.)
I completly agree with that.You cant measure the Hulk's power,because 90% of the tme Hulk is a wild card.

DevilHulk said:

that girl was not moving as a truck(since you and jonathanos said that Quicksilver could move fast as a truck when the hulk tagged him) the hulk tagged her,the hulk owned her. Strenght always beats speed.

Then why didn't strength beat speed in this instance,

dbb.jpg

The hulk was to slow to even land a punch on cap. Just shows you how inexperienced the girl in the pic you posted was.

Hulk does connect with the next shot, for the record. But again Cap outspeeds him and blocks it with his shield.

When someone's back is against the wall and he's able to move his entire body out of the way 3 out of 4 times... it's safe to say he's faster than his opponent.

DevilHulk said:

170zu.jpg

that girl was not moving as a truck(since you and jonathanos said that Quicksilver could move fast as a truck when the hulk tagged him) the hulk tagged her,the hulk owned her.Strenght always beats speed.
Know what's funny about this?Speed DOES beat strength.You really think Spider-Man would beat Hulk if speed didn't beat strength?

Spider-Man hasn't beaten the Hulk. Hulk's strength is too far out of Spider-Man's range.

Spidey's a low level speedster though. That's what Devil and Rod rely on: The Hulk's extremely high-end strength vs. a low end speedster.

Jonathanos said:
Spider-Man hasn't beaten the Hulk. Hulk's strength is too far out of Spider-Man's range.

Spidey's a low level speedster though. That's what Devil and Rod rely on: The Hulk's extremely high-end strength vs. a low end speedster.

I actually heard Spider-Man did once KO The Hulk for a short time with an all out fury of punches.

Haven't been able to verify this though. Pretty sure it's true though.

Was that the comic where The Hulk was feral? Spidey flipped over him, grabbed his back, all that?

Masterfungus said:
Hulk's hard to place. I'd place him herald level or higher for his raw planet smashing feats of strength and durability, but he's also been shown to be extremely vulnerable to the cosmics, at least to the Surfer, and to a certain Sorcerer Supreme. It seems to me, judging from all their stalemates, that Marvel views him as Thor's equal, i.e., top of the top tier, greatest in sheer physical strength but lacking other powers, and that's probably fine. He's basically like a really powerful atomic bomb that can do all sorts of damage, but can also be defused by the right approach (i.e., Surfer's).
Good post and I have to agree... :up:

DevilHulk said:
I admit i have less supporters than you. :) and they all voted against me,except few exceptions.

The reason X has more supporters is because he actually makes sense, and uses logic in his debates.

Also, I think there are several non-cosmic/herald/genis guys out there who would at least give Hulk a pretty hard time, if not beat him straight up. Off the top of my head, the Fury. Regeneration abilites, along with the ability to adapt to almost any situation, killed an entire planet of superbeings, including Miracleman.

X said:
Was that the comic where The Hulk was feral? Spidey flipped over him, grabbed his back, all that?

No. Spidey didn't kayo the Hulk in that.

PAD would later have Samson refer to that story as a dream.

This is Spidey Annual #3.

Jonathanos said:
No. Spidey didn't kayo the Hulk in that.

PAD would later have Samson refer to that story as a dream.

This is Spidey Annual #3.

Gotcha. Didn't know about the retcon either. :eek:

Unthinkable said:
The reason X has more supporters is because he actually makes sense, and uses logic in his debates.

Also, I think there are several non-cosmic/herald/genis guys out there who would at least give Hulk a pretty hard time, if not beat him straight up. Off the top of my head, the Fury. Regeneration abilites, along with the ability to adapt to almost any situation, killed an entire planet of superbeings, including Miracleman.

I tried The Fury bit a looong time ago on The Hulk boards. They all went ballistic. :o

X said:
Gotcha. Didn't know about the retcon either. :eek:

I tried The Fury bit a looong time ago on The Hulk boards. They all went ballistic. :o

My bad. I guess I got catching up to do. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"