What is the most underrated comic book film?

The Chris

TDK Trilogy Forever!
Reaction score
spiderman3poster1.jpg

supermanonesheet.jpg

hulkbanner.jpg

punisher2.jpg

Spider-Man 3
Hulk
X-Men: The Last Stand (not great, but way too much hate)
The Punisher

X3 should be included in that list. I think X3, SM3 and SR all got too much harsh criticism considering their actual quality!

Hulk is ok and The Punisher is god awful imo.

Id say DareDevil, im gonna get a lot of slack for it but I enjoyed the movie and the extended version made me love it even more.

SR and SM3. Even though they both have pretty decent critical consesuses, they do seem to be underappreciated, especially SR imo.

Superman Returns is the only one from that list that was actually good but is underrated, Spider-Man 3 and The Punisher sucked and Hulk was better than SM3 and The Punisher put together

The four I got are just my personal choices, you don't have to choose between them.

Id say DareDevil, im gonna get a lot of slack for it but I enjoyed the movie and the extended version made me love it even more.

Yeah, bring it. I kinda liked DD. I don't understand the hate against it really. One thing I didn't like, it's the scene where he allows the bad guy to die in the subway. It was out of character for DD.

I don't think the DC of Daredevil is underrated. In any case, the DC is fantastic. The theatrical cut is ok, but really flawed.

Daredevil: Director's Cut was cool. Like it harder and longer.

I think the Daredevil film (especially the DC) gets a lot of undue criticism. I think it is better than many people want to think it is.

IMO

1. Hellboy
2. The Phantom
3. The Shadow
4. The Punisher EC
5. Daredevil DC

X3 should be included in that list. I think X3, SM3 and SR all got too much harsh criticism considering their actual quality!

Hulk is ok and The Punisher is god awful imo.

:unishr: > :xmen: 3

I love The Shadow.

I just saw it for the first time in my life like 3 days ago. I thought it was a great film, and what was even better is that one of my favorite actors was in it and I didn't even know it until he came on screen, I'm speaking of Sir Ian McK.

1. Hellboy
2. Constantine
3. Daredevil DC

Ron Perlman with an enormous stone hand, wielding a comically oversized revolver, fighting Nazis and Lovecraftian monsters. Also, kittens.

Yes, I know Keanu Reeves is only really capable of playing himself in movies, but how can anyone argue Peter Stormare's casting? Nobody.

There are some incredible insights in Daredevil, but MSJ is not subtle about shooting for trailers. The DC actually felt like a movie instead of an extended music video.

1. Mystery Men - Brilliant comedy, it's a shame it came out right before the big Superhero movie boom. I keep thinking "if only it'd come out 5 years later, it would have been a huge hit." It deserves a sequel IMO.

2. X-Men: The Last Stand - Seriously, every time I hear fanboys whine about this movie, I want to karate chop them. Brett Ratner and crew did an excellent job finishing what was started with the first two X-Men movies and threw in plenty of fanservice, and was still mauled by rabid fanboys. Shame. At least it did well at the BO.

3. TMNT - Less than 100 million at the box office? Preposterous! This was an excellently made movie, and the animation was close to Pixar quality at times. I seriously don't know what kept it from being a success. Maybe it was the close proximity to the kids' TV show (which was falling off the radar by the time TMNT came out), or maybe it was the release date (Christmas and pre-summer, and mid-summer are the big movie seasons, not late winter!), but whatever the case, the movie did not get noticed by moviegoers. It almost makes me want to cry. :(

4. Hulk - It was a little too psychological and not quite fun enough IMO, but it was still excellently acted and had a brilliant cast. It's a shame that the sequel will be pretty much entirely recast, because that was one of the biggest strengths of Ang Lee's offering. It seemed almost like a re-visit of the classic Universal monster movie heyday, but for the 21st century. I liked it a lot, and I wish that it had been more accessible so that more people would have been inclined to see it.

spiderman3poster1.jpg

supermanonesheet.jpg

hulkbanner.jpg

punisher2.jpg

I agree with 2 and 4. Can't say number 1 since the main people who didn't like it seem to be hardcore comic book fans. So really its not under rated. And I still think the Hulk movie was more boring than anature documentry. And I actually watch those time to time so thats saying something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"