What is the most underrated comic book film?

"The Rocketeer". The Shadow", "Mystery Men", "Sky High", "Griff The Invisible" are all underrated.

Top 4:
Hulk

Constantine

Sin City

F4

HMs: Kick Ass 2, Blade, The Rocketeer, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Punisher War Zone and the Losers

The Rocketeer, Kick-Ass, V for Vendetta.

I'll say of the superhero movies, The Wolverine actually is pretty damn great until its third act. The climax after he takes that thing off his heart is weak, but the rest of it is so good, I think it is underrated when folks tend to write it off or forget about it, when I think it is pound-for-pound one of the better superhero movies, and certainly the best superhero movie of the year it came out in. Not that that is saying a whole lot.

Yeah I'd probably say the Wolverine. Flawed, but fairly substantial for a majority of the picture.

Thor, the Dark World. Sure, it's not Ragnarok or Civil War but Hemsworth and Hiddleston are great together. There's reasonable action sequences a few laughs and some fun with the warriors 3. Plus, I liked the look of both the Dark elves tech and the Asgardian tech.

This is not a bad film - and far less disappointing than Iron Man 2 or 3. It's let down by a mediocre villain and Kat Dennings but otherwise it's 2 hours of enjoyable diversion.

I'll say of the superhero movies, The Wolverine actually is pretty damn great until its third act. The climax after he takes that thing off his heart is weak, but the rest of it is so good, I think it is underrated when folks tend to write it off or forget about it, when I think it is pound-for-pound one of the better superhero movies, and certainly the best superhero movie of the year it came out in. Not that that is saying a whole lot.

I thought The Wolverine was one of the worst movies ever made. I think the only things about it that makes it worthy of any praise at all was the action choreography, the soundtrack and the acting from the Japanese cast. Everything else was awful. Even the way the story was adapted was stupid.

That's a good one. Many of the criticisms at the time were rooted in fans and critics who only knew Hulk through the TV show.

I think its a minor masterpiece of a movie thats only brought down by its final climax. I love this movie doh and still think its one of the best in its genre.
I truly believe that if it had been released after Batman Begins the audience would've been accepted it differently.

Thor, the Dark World. Sure, it's not Ragnarok or Civil War but Hemsworth and Hiddleston are great together. There's reasonable action sequences a few laughs and some fun with the warriors 3. Plus, I liked the look of both the Dark elves tech and the Asgardian tech.

This is not a bad film - and far less disappointing than Iron Man 2 or 3. It's let down by a mediocre villain and Kat Dennings but otherwise it's 2 hours of enjoyable diversion.

I agree. Everytime its on TV I sit and watch it. The Thor movies are my fav from the MCU. I think his character has been handled the best overall.

Last edited:
The First Avenger.

Agreed. Captain America's origin I think presented the most problems, particularly the fact that he basically has 2 origins and his entire solo WWII history was going to be condensed into 1 film. But, Marvel really knocked it out of the park, IMO. They picked the right cast, right tone, etc. Also, I would say of the phase 1 films, this film had the best camera work and visually stood out. Very underrated, and easily of the origin films for the big 3, I think this was the best.

I think that movie is overrated as it is but when compared to it's sequels, I agree its underrated.
I think its better than Winter Soldier.

Yeah my ranking of the Captain America movies is

Civil War
The First Avenger
The Winter Soldier

I just love the Indiana Jones vibe of the first one. I honestly think TWS is one of the most overrated comic book movies. I thoroughly enjoy all of the Captain America movies though.

Spider-Man 3 is probably the most underrated CBM.

I think First Avenger has a style and charm that the others just completely lack.

hahahaha! Spider-Man 3 is not underrated at all. However, if you compare it to Homecoming. Ya. hahaha!

I think that movie is overrated as it is but when compared to it's sequels, I agree its underrated.
I think its better than Winter Soldier.

Considering it's not listed among the top of the CBM genre and it can be argued that even in ranking of the top MCU movies, the highest it'd be ranked is 8th out of 17. I'm sure many would argue, Thor, GOTG2, AOU, Doctor Strange or Ant-Man over it. I wouldn't consider that overrated.

Considering it's not listed among the top of the CBM genre and it can be argued that even in ranking of the top MCU movies, the highest it'd be ranked is 8th out of 17. I'm sure many would argue, Thor, GOTG2, AOU, Doctor Strange or Ant-Man over it. I wouldn't consider that overrated.

It shouldn't be listed among there imo.
It's got a 6.9 rating on Imdb. To me thats overrated. The movie is a solid 5.
Winter Soldier is at 7.8 and I think First Avenger is the better movie. So when "I" consider this, It is totally underrated.

It shouldn't be listed among there imo.
It's got a 6.9 rating on Imdb. To me thats overrated. The movie is a solid 5.
Winter Soldier is at 7.8 and I think First Avenger is the better movie. So when "I" consider this, It is totally underrated.

X-Men: Apocalypse - 7.0
Justice League - 7.0
The Amazing Spider-Man - 6.7
Batman v. Superman - 6.6
Suicide Squad - 6.1
Green Lantern - 5.6

I think TFA is better than all these movies.....

X-Men: Apocalypse - 7.0
Justice League - 7.0
The Amazing Spider-Man - 6.7
Batman v. Superman - 6.6
Suicide Squad - 6.1
Green Lantern - 5.6

I think TFA is better than all these movies.....

Cool!

I agree its better than the last 2 on your list by far LOL!

Wow! Apocalypse is totally overrated but I'd say that about most of the foX-Men films. This one was total trash doh. TFA is definitely better and I'd put it just above Justice League.

TASM I think is a fair rating and same with BvS. I think both are better than TFA but not by much.

I do find it funny that Wonder Woman is a highly praised movie and TFA isn't. Its the same movie.

I thought The Wolverine was one of the worst movies ever made. I think the only things about it that makes it worthy of any praise at all was the action choreography, the soundtrack and the acting from the Japanese cast. Everything else was awful. Even the way the story was adapted was stupid.

5ed8203b5d448035b98e7972a9ab35086ace35ff5c3cd170b4395242b20162ae.jpg

Seriously though, there are many worse superhero movies. Hell, there are worse superhero movies with Wolverine in them....

5ed8203b5d448035b98e7972a9ab35086ace35ff5c3cd170b4395242b20162ae.jpg

Seriously though, there are many worse superhero movies. Hell, there are worse superhero movies with Wolverine in them....

Yes, Very good. "I" "thought" were keywords.

The Wolverine made me appreciate X MEn:Origins. That's not an easy task to accomplish. hahaha!

I really don't feel they're many Superhero movies worse than The Wolverine. I rated it a 2/10. Its one of those movies that made crap out of a good concept. It was soul sucking.

Batman Begins
The First Avenger
The Wolverine

Yes, Very good. "I" "thought" were keywords.

The Wolverine made me appreciate X MEn:Origins. That's not an easy task to accomplish. hahaha!

I really don't feel they're many Superhero movies worse than The Wolverine. I rated it a 2/10. Its one of those movies that made crap out of a good concept. It was soul sucking.

The Wolverine is a complete dud. Lifeless and borderline nonsensical in the grander scheme of the X-men universe ("Hi I'm a character who famously can't remember anything before 1980 but I somehow remember this one dude I saved in World War 2") but it's freaking Casablanca compared to X-men Origins Wolverine.

Just to reiterate the most criminally underrated superhero film of all time....

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"