What makes America right?

Nitehawk013 said:
Well, you know we pretty much feed and finance the entire world thereby preventing them all from dying. If they do not respect us for that then screw them. I would rather them have a healthy fear of our power than nothing at all. They aren't going to respect us nomatter what. They are too busy resenting us b/c we are better than them. I say, It's better to be feared sometimes than respected. And a real healthy dose of fear will keep them in line.

That's the exact attitude Rome had. That is the attitude that will lead to the crumble of the United States...study your history a little and drop the "biggest c ock on the walk" routine before you fall victim to the very thinking that our founding fathers were opposed to. It's ignorance and little dick syndrome that you are demonstrating...not valor or strength.

Nitehawk013 said:
Well, you know we pretty much feed and finance the entire world thereby preventing them all from dying.

I would love to hear this one.

Nitehawk013 said:
If they do not respect us for that then screw them. I would rather them have a healthy fear of our power than nothing at all.

Healthy Fear? while this mat apply to situations of rogue states, this can hardly be applicable to the whole world.

Nitehawk013 said:
They aren't going to respect us nomatter what. They are too busy resenting us b/c we are better than them. I say, It's better to be feared sometimes than respected. And a real healthy dose of fear will keep them in line.

and here we come to the reality of the matter, How exactly is the U.S. "better" than the rest of the world? in what kind of a skewed universe is that argument even applicable?
your views are disturbing in their disregard for the rest of the planet. In the end this is exactly what has put the U.S. in such a place were it's credibility has dwindled down to nothing in the world.
the U.S. screams and cries for those dead in 9-11 yet shrugs off the death of tens of thousands in Iraq as "necessary", By no means am I saying that this is the case with all of the U.S. but sadly it is indicative of most of it.
why? or how? can you so easily write off the slaughter of people all around the world with such ease, and chalk it up to "healthy fear" of the U.S.'s power?
I hope that one day you realize that the U.S. is far from this beacon to the rest of the world, as I have said before, other countries while not so dominant of world markets have shown a higher standard of living that the U.S. has, not only that, but more racial and religious tolerance so unless you have really done some research on the rest of the world i suggest you do before speaking about the U.S. being "Better" than anyone.
In part, however, the mentality displayed by you is carachteristic of all empires, so it's not so uncommon. but it is that exact line of thinking that has brought the greatest empires down before the U.S., keep in mind it's relatively a young empire, and already nations align in protest against it, and it's image around the world becomes one of oppression.
that's how it starts.

Corinthian said:
like Doomy said here... correct is a relative term...

for most of the people USA is evil... why?

becasue thanks to the USA they are getting poor.. so they have to go to the USA to work and bring some dollars to their people... some of them are shot when they are spotted... some of them die on the dessert or on the river... some of them make it and try to make a living by a crappy wage...

Don't you think that they have a good reason to call the USA evil?

no. if they attempted to come here leagally they would not be shot and wouldn't die in the river or desert. and you have to expect a crappy wage if you have no green card or proof of citizenship, not to mention a college education. if they want to blame us for their problems, that's too bad.

We defend human freedom against evil organizations, governments and dictators.

Easy enough for you to understand?

If you don't agree with us than you belong on the otherside, alongside the evil and burn in hell with the rest of them.

You can not blindly state that we are simply Good. We are not always right, and if you can't see that, you have your blinders on.

strike-hard said:

If you don't agree with us than you belong on the otherside, alongside the evil and burn in hell with the rest of them.

Precisely. Although the problem is that those who would argue against this are the moral relativity bunch. To them there is no "evil" or "good", only what makes them feel happy. Thats the problem. If there is no evil or good then we should just let everything go. Don't stop the spread of governments that would crush peoples rights, don't eliminate rulers who would love to harm us. Lets just all sit around a freakin campfire and sing get-a-long songs while holding hands.

strike-hard said:

define "us".

akut401 said:
define "us".

I'm sorry but isn't the title of the thread called "What Makes America Right?"

Me being an American, who do you think I was referring too?

Russia? China?

"Us"

Me, and every other American who believes that we are the ones that are trying to make a difference in the world by ridding it of evil organizations, governments and dictators.

Nitehawk said:
Lets just all sit around a freakin campfire and sing get-a-long songs while holding hands.

I wonder what America would be like if one of those people ever took office. I'd imagine we'd be taken over the very next day they took office by an army of 12 people equipped with slingshots and plastic forks.

Strike -Hard, what would you do as President. I would really like to know in this great wisdom of yours, what would you do?

Who are "we" to decide what is evil and what is not? In some, no, many situations, we are not wanted in other countries. Other countries do not see our way as best for them. What gives us the right to decide for them? What gives us the right to spead our values and ideals worldwide? What gives us the right to bully and throw our weight around? "You will adopt our democratic ideals and if you don't we will make you adopt them, because we are right and you are too ignorant to know any better."

Who gave us this power to make decisions? Where did we get this right?

Doomed_hero said:
Strike -Hard, what would you do as President. I would really like to know in this great wisdom of yours, what would you do?

If your talking about war than...

Finish the job in Iraq.

Protect and care for the the American people, also defend human freedom against evil organizations, governments and dictators.

If ever I felt that we are being threatened than I would do what is necessary to protect our people.

strike-hard said:
If your talking about war than...

Finish the job in Iraq.

Protect and care for the the American people, also defend human freedom against evil organizations, governments and dictators.

If ever I felt that we are being threatened than I would do what is necessary to protect our people.

he means, how would you do it? and please don't answer

"by Protecting and caring for the the American people, also defending human freedom against evil organizations, governments and dictators. "

So wait, you guys want me to draw out maps, describe how I would strategically position troops and destroy the insurgents in Iraq?

Gimme a break. Your arguments are getting worse and worse, by every post.

Let me ask you, if you take the time to answer the question in detail and spend your time doing so, as will I.

strike-hard said:
So wait, you guys want me to draw out maps, describe how I would strategically position troops and destroy the insurgents in Iraq?

Nope, merely outline your plan rather than just

"To protect....blah....blah..blah..."

strike-hard said:
Gimme a break. Your arguments are becoming dull.

Let me ask you, if you take the time to answer the question in detail and spend your time doing so, as will I.

yeah, about what I expected.

Strike-hard said:
let me ask you, if you take the time to answer the question in detail and spend your time doing so, as will I.

Constantine J. said:
yeah, about what I expected.

Tables are turned and you don't like it.

Yup, just what I expected to.

strike-hard said:
I'm sorry but isn't the title of the thread called "What Makes America Right?"

Me being an American, who do you think I was referring too?

Russia? China?

"Us"

Me, and every other American who believes that we are the ones that are trying to make a difference in the world by ridding it of evil organizations, governments and dictators.

strike-hard said:

So, to sum up, if anybody doesn't agree with you, they should burn in hell?

strike-hard said:

Akut401 said:
So, to sum up, if anybody doesn't agree with you, they should burn in hell?

If they don't agree that evil organizations, governments and dictactors should be taken out, than yes they should burn in hell.

Are you a terrorist sympathizer akut401?

I think everyone agrees on taking out evil dictators, organizations etc. its just people differ how you should do it.

And what about Afghanistan? No reply on that yet. What about that dem there guy name Osamar Bin Laden? oh and what about dem dose Madrassas? Oh and what about the KKK? Isn't that an evil organization in round abouts in dem herr US of the A?

Computron2005 said:
I think everyone agrees on taking out evil dictators, organizations etc. its just people differ how you should do it.

And what about Afghanistan? No reply on that yet. What about that dem there guy name Osamar Bin Laden? oh and what about dem dose Madrassas? Oh and what about the KKK? Isn't that an evil organization in round abouts in dem herr US of the A?

What would you like me to answer about Afganistan? Please explain. Are we not looking for Osama, has the military forgotten about him? Are we not trying? Please explain.

The KKK, a white supremacist group, I am not too familair with their organization but I'm pretty sure that's what they are. Are they threatning the safety of thousands of people? Are they talking about going building nuclear weapons? Damn, didn't think so.

I''ll agree, they aren't a great group of people and they need to be dealt with. You know, their is something called priorities. As far as I know the local authorities deal with them accordingly.

strike-hard said:
If they don't agree that evil organizations, governments and dictactors should be taken out, than yes they should burn in hell.

Are you a terrorist sympathizer akut401?

nope. But the term "evil" has become so cloudy these days, i really dont know what to think anymore....

strike-hard said:
The KKK, a white supremacist group, I am not too familair with their organization but I'm pretty sure that's what they are. Are they threatning the safety of thousands of people? Are they talking about going building nuclear weapons? Damn, didn't think so.
Not just blacks. hispanics, asians, jews, catholics, or anyone else they consider foreign. They like using violence when people use bigger words than them. You would enjoy their company.

Outsiderzedge said:
That's what the man said. Are you illiterate. :cool:

nope, because if i was, i would ask questions without question marks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"