Comics What power level should Jean return with?

How exactly would Jean return powerless? I somehow doubt Wanda's spell reached the White Hot Room.

she chooses to return that way, consciously or subconsciously.

Moved on Jean is nice to see. Like she's exploring the single market again, taking on adventures and meeting new and different people. It would be nice if she can lead a team, though I still fear her leading capability is arguably not on par, but she can manage.

If she ever returns to the X-Men, a compromise between her and Scott is needed. And I think she already accepted the fact that he's with Emma now. Jean needs to come back fresh and new and not tattered with the scars of the past. Maybe a new team and she'll be involved in it, that would be nice.

now what would that accomplish? She might as well be plain human if that were the case
It's a slight exaggeration...I'm just tired of uber Jean, and I don't think she can work in X-Men as Phoenix...unless she dies again within a few issues.

Wanda's Spell reached all the way to the Starlight Citadel, which happens to exist outside of time and space, same as the White Hot Crap, I mean Room. I seriously doubt Wanda's spell missed that little corner of creation.

but wasn't The White Hot Room unaffected by House of M? Why wouldn't it be the same with the no more mutants thing

Wanda's Spell reached all the way to the Starlight Citadel, which happens to exist outside of time and space, same as the White Hot Crap, I mean Room. I seriously doubt Wanda's spell missed that little corner of creation.

but wasn't The White Hot Room unaffected by House of M? Why wouldn't it be the same with the no more mutants thing
Exactly what I was thinking. Psylocke and Rachel were completely unaffected in the White Hot Room during House of M.

Number 3 is perfect. Or maybe even slightly less powerful than what the description states. Or even closer to when she first started using her powers...like she'd have to start all over after being one of the most powerful beings, that'd probably be very frustrating, and a nice character dynamic to see her struggling with things that say Hellion is able to do easily.

Number 3 is perfect. Or maybe even slightly less powerful than what the description states. Or even closer to when she first started using her powers...like she'd have to start all over after being one of the most powerful beings, that'd probably be very frustrating, and a nice character dynamic to see her struggling with things that say Hellion is able to do easily.
That doesn't really make much sense. Jean has always been pretty damn strong, but her struggling in the early days had more to do with her lack of understanding of her powers. Also, Chuck kinda locked out her telepathy.

....or they could portray Phoenix Jean finally moved on from the X-Men, never to return and now exists as a cosmic being, have her interact with Galactus, Quasar, Captain Marvel, Adam Warlock, Thanos, The Kree, The Skrulls, The Shi'Ar(for a bit of revenge), Nova and Silver Surfer, etc...because THATS where the Phoenix truly belongs...not on earth pining over One Eye and the midget wolf-man.

If Jean MUST return to Earth, then get her back with Scott, let Emma be single...or perhaps shag Warren??? Also have Jean be powerful but reject the Phoenix, letting it pass back to that Amber chick from the Malibu/Marvel Exiles of the mid nineties....

I love that everybody thinks a character as powerful as Phoenix wouldn't be able to work with an Earth-based superhero team like the X-Men.

Because god knows Thor didn't pull it off for decades.*

*there is no smilie to express how hard my eyes are rolling

Thor doesn't go crazy with his own power, right?

That only happened to Jean once, and it was after Emma & Mastermind drove her temporarily insane. The Phoenix was a fine addition to the team before then.

I'll admit, the all-flaring-red effect makes Jean looks cool, and makes her different from other telepaths, but other than that, I don't think PF adds any more points to Jean's character in most of the plots.

That only happened to Jean once, and it was after Emma & Mastermind drove her temporarily insane. The Phoenix was a fine addition to the team before then.
Ditto, people tend to overexagerate this way out of proportion. Out of the 40 plus years of her existance, Jean has spent more time WITHOUT the PF. She is tied to it, but it does not completely define her and she's done well without it for years

possibly because Marvel's Earth is a place for incredibly strong superHUMANS...not gods and entities like DC...Thor and Hercules being the most notable exceptions and they STARTED that way...they weren't human then suddenly became gods.

The Phoenix force on its on works fine, and like Havok said Jean worked fine without it...but the constant references to it and it's ghost always hanging over her make the Jean Phoenix suck....

Again...the main reason I dislike Jean is the Phoenix Force ****.:csad:

Thing is, if writers and fans didn't constantly associate the Phoenix with Jean either dying or turning evil, it'd totally work for her.

I want Jean to come back as Rachel is now. A reasonably strong psychic with a Phoenix flame theme. Just keep the b**** from eating any stars, and she'll be fine.

Jean Grey should return with limited Phoenix powers.

She should be like she was during the original Phoenix years when she wore the Green costume...

Or the way she was in Morrison's New X-Men.

I always find it so hypocritical when some fans complain about Jean Grey being powerful or being the Phoenix but don't complain about Rachel.

Rachel currently has some of the Phoenix Force. And even before that she was creating black holes and transforming herself into a dinosaur for crying out loud.

During Excalibur Rachel was on a team for years while having Phoenix powers and having cosmic stories (fighting Galactus, Necrom, etc ). She even fought Beyonder once before she went to Excalibur.

Let Jean simply be Phoenix without being too powerful, insane, or dying and also do new stories with her and everything will be ok.

I love that everybody thinks a character as powerful as Phoenix wouldn't be able to work with an Earth-based superhero team like the X-Men.

Because god knows Thor didn't pull it off for decades.*

*there is no smilie to express how hard my eyes are rolling

will this do?

0000.gif

Jean Grey should return with limited Phoenix powers.

She should be like she was during the original Phoenix years when she wore the Green costume...

Or the way she was in Morrison's New X-Men.

I always find it so hypocritical when some fans complain about Jean Grey being powerful or being the Phoenix but don't complain about Rachel.

Rachel currently has some of the Phoenix Force. And even before that she was creating black holes and transforming herself into a dinosaur for crying out loud.

During Excalibur Rachel was on a team for years while having Phoenix powers and having cosmic stories (fighting Galactus, Necrom, etc ). She even fought Beyonder once before she went to Excalibur.

Let Jean simply be Phoenix without being too powerful, insane, or dying and also do new stories with her and everything will be ok.
Thank you.

thing is, the message of the Phoenix saga was that a person shouldn't have that much power. And Jean herself said it would to be too much for her to hold back since she'd just go mega crazy again.

NO RETURN.

NEVER.

no.

...unless she kills Emma ON PANEL.

That would mostly be because most fans just don't care either way about Rach and her glorious hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"