What role did TDK play in Obama's win?

What role did the TDK have in the development and proliferation in Nuclear weapons?
I think that is a bigger question
So you're from Houston? Did you know that I actually know Michael Skelly has seen, enjoyed, and reccomended TDK?

What role did the TDK have in the development and proliferation in Nuclear weapons?

Clearly, it was because those scientists had prep time.

:brucebat:

The answer here is twofold.

Firstly, as stated at the end of Batman Begins, it's all about escalation. We start carrying semi-automatics, they buy automatics. We start wearing Kevlar, they buy armor-piercing rounds. We have bombs that can level a city block, they make a bomb that can destroy a city.

Second, :hoboj:

Heh heh, this is a great fun thread. I really hope it doesn't get closed.

FACT: Obama's favorite 2008 movie was The Dark Night.
FACT: McCain preferred Iron Man.

This was all proven by SCIENCE and told to me by JESUS.

McCainEyes.gif

jag

Do you guys think the darker tone of The Dark Knight helped elect Barack Obama? When I watched the movie back in July, I thought the theme about people deserving better than the truth was very true to life, in a current political world like ours. Did I notice more than an underhanded slight at Bush's war in the film? In today's society, what role does entertainment media play in electing a president, I actually wonder. I think TDK might have had some influence on forming people's opinions this time, I know it did mine.
:dry: :dry: :dry:

If a (fictional) movie shapes your voting opinions, you need to get real.

I don't know what role TDK had on Obama's win, but Batman Begins definitely is the reason Democrats took control of the House and Senate in 2006...plus the Democrats spreading rumors that the Republicans are responsible for Superman Returns.

I'd say you guys are ignoring the true pop culture figure who gave Obama the presidency.

DavidPalmer2.jpg

Absolutley no role whatsoever.

I guess some people don't want to take the topic seriously. For the majority of you who aren't acting like sperms and do see a connection between pop-culture and political influence, was there a specific scene in TDK that changed your mind about the election?

Alot of people didn't pick up on this, but with TDK, Christopher Nolan has created more than just your average comic book, gee-whiz adventure, but rather he has crafted a multi-layered crime film noir love story with a message. To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I think alot of the intense rebellion seen in Heath Ledger's brilliant performance as the Joker motivated some new voters to hit the ballots yesterday.

I'm not an idiot.

Oh my god. You're serious.

Did you just compare TDK to Woodstock? *sigh* Your grasp of the historical and political significance of Woodstock, particularly in light of the tone of the culture at the time, seems limited to non-existence. Otherwise you would never have made the comparison.

jag

Did you just compare TDK to Woodstock? *sigh* Your grasp of the historical and political significance of Woodstock, particularly in light of the tone of the culture at the time, seems limited to non-existence. Otherwise you would never have made the comparison.

jag
Then what was this generation's woodstock? Thank you for getting involved in my cool thread.

This reminds me of the verse in the Bible that talked about God creating an eighth day - Batday - but instead became lazy and stopped after the seventh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"