What role did TDK play in Obama's win?

Do you guys think the darker tone of The Dark Knight helped elect Barack Obama? When I watched the movie back in July, I thought the theme about people deserving better than the truth was very true to life, in a current political world like ours. Did I notice more than an underhanded slight at Bush's war in the film? In today's society, what role does entertainment media play in electing a president, I actually wonder. I think TDK might have had some influence on forming people's opinions this time, I know it did mine.

3329v60.gif

Yeah, that sums up everything pretty nicely! :o

What role did TDK play in Obama's win?

It gave a great soundtrack to amateur youtube videos ... :huh:

[YT]hwCztzXJcIQ[/YT]

I thought change was supposed to be brought forth - and all the hunger, poverty, war ended by...

billandted460.jpg

WYLD STALLYNS!!!

I....this thread....I'm speechless.

Look, I like TDK, but it not the creation of everything, the cure for cancer, and not even the best movie of all times. It's just a movie, it did not influence the election one bit. Nor is TDK anything close to woodstock. It's a movie, not a movement, nor a defining moment of inspiration and change among an entire generation.

It's sad, but I think I actually like TDK less and less the more I read stuff like this on the Hype. It's ****ing everywhere! Go into the funny thread pics and we get those awful lolbats pics... Go into a thread about the creation of the universe and man's greatest accomplishments and see a pic of Batman headlocking Joker as Budda rides a triceratops in the background.

Not even the political section is safe anymore!!! I'm beginning to freak out now guys when I close my eyes I see Batman...The caped crusader is everywhere!!! It's like crushing Batman into a syringe and injecting him straight into your eyeball while someone kicks your nuts repeatedly.

I....this thread....I'm speechless.

Look, I like TDK, but it not the creation of everything, the cure for cancer, and not even the best movie of all times. It's just a movie, it did not influence the election one bit. Nor is TDK anything close to woodstock. It's a movie, not a movement, nor a defining moment of inspiration and change among an entire generation.

It's sad, but I think I actually like TDK less and less the more I read stuff like this on the Hype. It's ****ing everywhere! Go into the funny thread pics and we get those awful lolbats pics... Go into a thread about the creation of the universe and man's greatest accomplishments and see a pic of Batman headlocking Joker as Budda rides a triceratops in the background.

Not even the political section is safe anymore!!! I'm beginning to freak out now guys when I close my eyes I see Batman...The caped crusader is everywhere!!! It's like crushing Batman into a syringe and injecting him straight into your eyeball while someone kicks your nuts repeatedly.

Is no one else concerned about how detailed that description is? :o

Do you guys think the darker tone of The Dark Knight helped elect Barack Obama? When I watched the movie back in July, I thought the theme about people deserving better than the truth was very true to life, in a current political world like ours. Did I notice more than an underhanded slight at Bush's war in the film? In today's society, what role does entertainment media play in electing a president, I actually wonder. I think TDK might have had some influence on forming people's opinions this time, I know it did mine.

carey_gag.gif

Not really. If Fading has a masochistic drug addiction then who am I to judge?

Actually I just remember hearing the 'injecting straight into your eye' part from something else, want to think it was a TV show....maybe a movie. So drug addict no. Kicking in the balls part was all me, so subconcious masochist...possibly /puts knives and leather choker away.

Last edited:
**** you, Jobu!

:doom: :doom: :doom:

Hey, wait a minute..... *suspicious*......didn't his character in that film also take golf club covers and put them on his baseball bats, calling them "hats for bats"? Now, knowing that this thread revolves around Batman, also sometimes called "Bats" for short...... CONSPIRACY!!!!! :eek:

jag

One one hand you had Batman's methods of torture and eavesdropping and they were portrayed as ethically wrong, but they were also portrayed as methods that got things done. Whether or not it was morally right was the question.
"Wiretapping" worked, but the system failed temporarily and allowed the Joker to get the drop on him. The two instances of torture didn't yield anything useful at all. Maroni really didn't have any info, and the Joker simply lied.

Wow you all kids got to try out your neat little gifs. Thats cute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"