The Amazing Spider-Man What should the story be???

This is probably a very unpopular choice of direction but...

I'm of the opinion that as a reboot there needs to be a clear indication that these new movies are a different vehicle to Raimi's interpretation; without going OTT in trying to make the distiction.

That being said, I'd have the first movie open with spider-man as an already established hero in the city. He hasn't been spidey for too long, probably a good couple of months. The citizens of NY are weary of him and Jameson (a character that needs a massive character change from Raimi's movies) still provides humour but is a much more serious character. (more along the lines of the 90s animated series interpetation). Now, the villain I'd go for would be the scorpion. Scorpion may be a b-list villain but he has the potential to carry his own movie...with good writing and lets be honest, that's what we're after.

Fans cry about spidey's expansive rogues gallery but outside of Ock, Norman and venom (urgh!) who can you realistically see the studio going with? I'd love to see the lizard and I want him as a villain the most but for some reason, I'm getting the impression tha the studio lack the mental capacity and creativity to even try to come up with a decent lizrd storyline.

Anyway, Peter's in high school, doing his high school thing and working for the bugle, trying to earn cash to finance his domestic struggles. This obviously has an adverse effect on his social life and his interaction with his school mates.

Now, spidey is doing his hero thing, saving people, stopping crimes, having the time of his life...as spider-man of course and this is where things start to happen. We get a closer look at Jameson's character. Instead of him blowing hot air about how spidey's a menace and making lame jokes, we have Jameson who's a bit of a cold bastard. This is a man who believes he owns NY and doesn't want some costumed spider vigilante in it. So as he always does, he launches smear campaign after smear campaign and eventually hires Gargan to stalk and track Parker's movements to get a lead on spider-man. Needless to say, Peter eventually catches onto Gargan and humiliates him and Jameson and for Jameson, that's the last straw.

Jameson enlists the expertise of Dr.S for an experimental program to conduct tests on the human body and uses Gargan as the test subject. Gargan becomes scorpion "a champion of the people" and dukes it out with spidey. Scorpion becomes too big for his boots and mentally unstable and wants to cut ties with Jameson as he believes he's now untouchable. Scorpion becomes out of control and actively becomes a threat, a public menace and of course it's spidey who has to clean up the mess and sae the day.

With Gargan's unstable mind becoming worse, he becomes angry and no longer wants to be the scorpion, he wants to go back to normal. Jameson can't help him and neither can Dr.S. Of course Scorpion now kidnaps Dr.S and Jameson and threatens their lives. Spidey saves them and has a semi profound talk with Jameson.

However, JJ's unatural dislike fo spidey eventually gets the best of his own judgement and still regards spidey as a menace to society.

Now, this is more of an outline story, a kind of bone structure that is meant to show a clear and identifiable difference between this new series and Raimi's series. This new series focuses more on adapting the source material that obviously still keeps things grounded in reality but there's more of an emphasis on the fiction and fantastical side of the universe this series is trying to portray as well as making the characters deeper and richer individuals.
Throw some meat on to this bone structure with character interactions and subplots and I think we have a great movie. Again, it depends on the writing and execution of it all but I think it's a great way to kickstart this new series by reintroducing characters of old, new characters that actually exist in the comics and of course leaving enough room to set up bigger and better stories that aren't confined to uneeded self-imposed restrictions.

I don't want 3 years of Spider-Man in high school. I would much rather the first film be high school and the second be him graduating high school and transitioning into college and the third be him in college. If they do a fourth movie, him graduating college.

1st:
Junior Year and at the end, go into Senior Year.
- I like the first movies to be origin movies. It just makes it a much more cohesive experience. His parents deaths can be flash backs but I want to see him become Spider-Man. I don't want him just out and swinging the first minute of the first movie. No hero's story is complete without an origin.
- Doc Ock is the main villain (there is no high school science teacher with the technology to become the Lizard so no Lizard until college.)
- Of course introduce Norman as him and Harry are buds in high school.
- We meet MJ. She is the hot girl that everyone wants. Peter really likes Gwen but he always notices MJ.
- Captain Stacy is killed by Doc Ock in a Spidey fight. They blame Spidey.
- Gwen becomes Spidey's love at the end of the movie.

2nd
- Peter lives up his senior year, is with Gwen, everything is great...except for his dual identity as Spidey. Everyone hates him, even Gwen.
- He then goes to college, works for the Bugle, is in Dr. Connors class.
- We meet Eddie Brock.
- Norman becomes Green Goblin
- Electro or Scorpion is the secondary villain. Maybe even Mysterio.
- Green Goblin kills Gwen.
- Green Goblin is killed...Harry now hates Spider-Man.
- The movie ends with Connors discovering the formula.

3rd
- Peter is still in college and at the Bugle. Brock becomes a big competitor.
- Lizard is the main villain.
- Kraven comes in to kill Lizard.
- MJ and Peter become a love interest.
- I wouldn't even mind a lesser villain like Vulture.
- Movie ends with Brock becoming Venom. As for the symbiote, I much rather they go scientific instead of spacey with this one.

4th if they do it
- Venom
- Green Goblin 2 (Harry)
- End movie with the return of Doc Ock and the formation of the Sinister 6

That is my dream Spidey series in a nut shell. If they get good actors and have a good enough budget...then I would love for it to end up sort of like that.

i like how this sounds, except for the sinister six part at the end. i like the idea of having venom in his own movie. maybe have the 4th be all about venom and have a 5th with harry as goblin and maybe someone like scorpion or electro.

This is probably a very unpopular choice of direction but...

I'm of the opinion that as a reboot there needs to be a clear indication that these new movies are a different vehicle to Raimi's interpretation; without going OTT in trying to make the distiction.

That being said, I'd have the first movie open with spider-man as an already established hero in the city. He hasn't been spidey for too long, probably a good couple of months. The citizens of NY are weary of him and Jameson (a character that needs a massive character change from Raimi's movies) still provides humour but is a much more serious character. (more along the lines of the 90s animated series interpetation). Now, the villain I'd go for would be the scorpion. Scorpion may be a b-list villain but he has the potential to carry his own movie...with good writing and lets be honest, that's what we're after.

Fans cry about spidey's expansive rogues gallery but outside of Ock, Norman and venom (urgh!) who can you realistically see the studio going with? I'd love to see the lizard and I want him as a villain the most but for some reason, I'm getting the impression tha the studio lack the mental capacity and creativity to even try to come up with a decent lizrd storyline.

Anyway, Peter's in high school, doing his high school thing and working for the bugle, trying to earn cash to finance his domestic struggles. This obviously has an adverse effect on his social life and his interaction with his school mates.

Now, spidey is doing his hero thing, saving people, stopping crimes, having the time of his life...as spider-man of course and this is where things start to happen. We get a closer look at Jameson's character. Instead of him blowing hot air about how spidey's a menace and making lame jokes, we have Jameson who's a bit of a cold bastard. This is a man who believes he owns NY and doesn't want some costumed spider vigilante in it. So as he always does, he launches smear campaign after smear campaign and eventually hires Gargan to stalk and track Parker's movements to get a lead on spider-man. Needless to say, Peter eventually catches onto Gargan and humiliates him and Jameson and for Jameson, that's the last straw.

Jameson enlists the expertise of Dr.S for an experimental program to conduct tests on the human body and uses Gargan as the test subject. Gargan becomes scorpion "a champion of the people" and dukes it out with spidey. Scorpion becomes too big for his boots and mentally unstable and wants to cut ties with Jameson as he believes he's now untouchable. Scorpion becomes out of control and actively becomes a threat, a public menace and of course it's spidey who has to clean up the mess and sae the day.

With Gargan's unstable mind becoming worse, he becomes angry and no longer wants to be the scorpion, he wants to go back to normal. Jameson can't help him and neither can Dr.S. Of course Scorpion now kidnaps Dr.S and Jameson and threatens their lives. Spidey saves them and has a semi profound talk with Jameson.

However, JJ's unatural dislike fo spidey eventually gets the best of his own judgement and still regards spidey as a menace to society.

Now, this is more of an outline story, a kind of bone structure that is meant to show a clear and identifiable difference between this new series and Raimi's series. This new series focuses more on adapting the source material that obviously still keeps things grounded in reality but there's more of an emphasis on the fiction and fantastical side of the universe this series is trying to portray as well as making the characters deeper and richer individuals.
Throw some meat on to this bone structure with character interactions and subplots and I think we have a great movie. Again, it depends on the writing and execution of it all but I think it's a great way to kickstart this new series by reintroducing characters of old, new characters that actually exist in the comics and of course leaving enough room to set up bigger and better stories that aren't confined to uneeded self-imposed restrictions.

This is great :up:
This story simply writes itself for a film screenplay.

My ideas:

Movie 1
- Peter Parker gets job at Daily Bugle, introduce Eddie Brock

Movie 2
- Brock becomes competiton

Movie 3
- Introduction of symbiote
- Symbiote taking over
- Brock’s downward spiral starts
- Parker discovers that the symbiote is actually trying to bond with him
- Spider-Man defeats main villain and separates from symbiote
- Movie ends with Brock confronting Mary Jane Watson at Parker’s apartment

Movie 4
- Spider-Man battles Venom for the first time, origin given
- Brock encounters Parker at Aunt May’s house and is extremely polite to May
- Spider-Man defeats Venom by tempting the symbiote to reattach itself to him

4 years of Brock? He's a two-movie character at most.

One movie where Brock is introduced as a minor character, then one movie of Peter in the symbiote and it leaves him to become Venom whom he defeats in the end.

Or hell, do something similar to one of the GOOD points about Superman III: Have the symbiote be forcibly detached from Peter but it absorbs some of his blood/DNA and forms a new body for itself that's a copy of Peter. Thus the symbiote itself become an Evil Twin of Peter on its own (with the negative personality it was turning Peter into). Peter then has to deal with this "Venom" who really IS his evil double instead of some jerk with lousy motives for hating Peter.

Basically, your idea would be what could've been had Brock been in Spider-Man 2? The only difference that would've made is that we would've already known who he was when he first appeared in Spider-Man 3, which would've been better, don't get me wrong, but still.

Brock really should appear in at least three films: a movie where he's introduced as a journalist for the Bugle, a movie where the symbiote is introduced and stays with Parker until the end of the film, and a movie all to Venom. I admit I suggested he be in four films simply for my love of the character, but either way, two isn't enough.

With Spider-Man being rebooted, I'd rather that they just scrap the Venom spin-off and use this opportunity to reintroduce Brock. Have him appear in the first film as a minor character, second film as competition for Parker, third film as a major character with a cliffhanger pointing to Venom, and fourth film as the main and only villain. That would be perfect.

Venom isn't enough to have a movie all to himself. It should be one movie that encompasses the entire symbiote saga, with Brock set up one movie beforehand so he fits into the symbiote movie more seamlessly and already has a history with Peter. It would be a 2 and a half hour long movie with the first half being Peter and the symbiote, the second half being Venom.

Spider-Man 3 did the entire symbiote saga in one movie and proved that it needed more time to develop. Even your idea of a two and a half hour movie wouldn't be enough to do the story justice. Basically, what you're suggesting is SM3 with Brock getting the symbiote a bit earlier than he did.

Also, I imagine that they'd make more money by splitting the storyline into two parts: a film where Spider-Man acquires the symbiote after the film's first battle until after the final battle (when he realizes that he must get rid of it) with a cliffhanger for Venom, and the following film featuring Venom as the sole villain.

You may think Venom isn't enough to have a movie all to himself, but he's popular enough to make it work. A film with Brock stalking Parker, terrorizing MJ, visiting Aunt May, etc. would be enough to fill a two or two and a half hour film easily.

It seems to me that your vision for the next series is to re-do the original series; Brock in the film right before the film introducing the symbiote and Brock getting the symbiote halfway through the next film. This all just screams what you think the original film series should've been, with Brock being introduced in Spider-Man 2 and getting the symbiote halfway through SM3. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but none of this seems original at all.

Last edited:
Stalking Peter and doing bad things to MJ/Aunt May isn't enough to make two hours interesting. Maybe if they introduced a few minor villains that Spider-Man has to mop up like the Shocker and/or Rhino, whilst under pressure to avoid Venom and protect his loved ones...but Venom alone? Nah.

Also, even though we're not technically discussing it, I'd like to throw in that I think cancer suited, people swallowing Venom is the way to go for the rebooted film series.

I actually don't mind that. Rhino and Shocker were the two villains Spider-Man was dealing with during the symbiote saga in TAS.

As far as which Venom, can we please use Venom from #299, 300, 315-317 in a 4th film? A film based on those 5 issues alone would be awesome.

Altogether, those stories are like 40 minutes of a movie.

Like I said, just set up Eddie one movie beforehand and then do the ENTIRE symbiote saga in one flick.

And make sure that it's the ONE story above the others, instead of intersecting with two other major plots. SM3's problem was that the three stories weren't well enough connected. The symbiote should be the ONE major plot of the movie. So Norman is already dead/incapacitated at the time and Harry is NOT plotting against Spidey, in order for Venom to be the one major villain.

Set up Brock two films beforehand and then do the symbiote story in the next two films.

Venom isn't enough for two movies, just one. And by Venom I mean the WHOLE symbiote saga. It just needs some minor other villains to be plot devices.

I mean, if the Goblin and Doc Ock can be done in one movie Venom should be no different. You don't need one whole movie of Peter in the suit to set up Venom.

Venom should be set up in a film showing Parker in the symbiote first. We really don't need to see some repeat of Spider-Man 3.

No Venom, at all. If there's a fourth film, maybe, but the first three films needs to be Venom free.

Agreed.

That feels really good to say. Or... type.

Wow, even read my post?

I agree 100%. The first three films should all have villains that haven't been featured on the big screen yet. That rules out Dr. Octopus, Green Goblin, Sandman, and Venom. I'm not counting Harry because he fought Sandman and Venom at the end of Spider-Man 3 and needs to be in the films regardless, as well as Norman, just no goblins. That would still leave Chameleon, Kraven, Lizard, Mysterio, Rhino, Scorpion, Vulture, etc.

I'd still introduce Brock in the first film as a journalist for the Bugle in a minor role, second film as competition for Parker, third film as a major character in the symbiote story with a cliffhanger for Venom, and fourth film with Venom as the only villain. If they make more than four, they'll still have Ock and Goblin to use for a fifth and sixth, but Norman would almost have to be in the first film since Harry is his son and Peter's best friend.

I'd have Norman be the arc villain pulling the strings of the villains and events in the first two movies and become the Goblin in the third. He can be killed off there (taking Gwen with him), and then maybe Venom in the 4th movie. Heck, Gwen's death would be the best catalyst for a darker Peter being easy prey for the symbiote.

The problem with having Brock in all the movies (if he's played by an A-lister) would be the cost. Better to just have him be in two films, one to set him up and the second to have him become Venom and be finished off.

And frankly, Venom should be the ONLY symbiote villain in the movies. And he should be the unsympathetic evil bastard Venom from the early stories and none of this "protect innocent people" garbage. He shouldn't care about them at all, with him fully intending to harm May and Peter's friends to get to Peter.

Or heck, just re-conceptualize Venom so revenge on Spidey ISN'T his main goal but rather he wants to use his powers for himself and himself alone. He'd be totally irresponsible opposed to Peter's responsibility.

And yes, ONE movie encompassing the whole Symbiote story can work. It really isn't a two-movie story despite what people think. SM3's problem WASN'T trying to put the symbiote story into one movie.

If Brock is played by Jensen Ackles, have him be in four films, three to set him up and the fourth to have Venom.

BTW, in the earlier stories, Brock had never intended on hurting May. He told Parker she was too innocent. He agreed not to harm her and even shook on it. It's scenes like that from the comics that could be powerful on screen and need to be in these films.

But no, one film can't work, despite what you think. If Spider-Man 3's problem wasn't trying to put the story into one film, what was exactly? Even Raimi intended on originally splitting the story into two films before Arad interfered.

The problem was that they tried to push the Symbiote Saga into a film that also had the sympathetic Sandman running amok and finished Harry's story arc. Too much going on with too little focus on any of the above. If Venom and the symbiote were the centerfold, it would be fine to do in one movie.

By the way, there's no way A-listers like Goblin and Ock could be pushed that far back. I'd say it's nuts not to have one of them in by at least the second film.

It would be a mistake to reuse villains so soon. As great as Norman and Octavious are, I'd feel a retread if they were offered up again so soon. The fact that neither was screwed through the process leaves me cold to the idea. I want something new to kick things off. Introduce Norman, but make him GG in the fifth film.

Hopefully, they develop Gwen into a character and have her killed off at the end of the fifth film. What I really want is for them to set up Brock early. Venom is a villain that has a lot of potential when written right.

I'd love to see Connors and Octavious making their appearances in the first sequel and an appearance by Mary Jane Watson toward the end. If done right, you could set up Dr. Octopus and the Sinister Six for the sixth film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"