Days of Future Past What they SHOULD do with the series from here on out

I see what you're saying but the eighties is still the past, ya know? It just creates a barrier for casual fans. People can't even wrap their brains around DOFP.

Well of course a good movie is a good movie. Like I said, I hope I'm wrong. But I think the time travel/past aspect puts off some viewers.

I think I understand where your coming from. I'll watch these movies regardless of when they are set, but by staying in the past the movies are going to continue to take place about 30+ years from when they are released, stuck in the 20th century. X-Men: Apocalypse will be set in the 80s, and sequels could continue through 80s and into the 90s (I don't know if they'll retread the 2000s), is that something that would appeal to most people, or does it matter? It's a crazy idea, but what if they do what All New X-Men has done and have the younger X-Men brought to the future? This way the 21st century setting keeps it more relevant and the younger actors help sustain the longevity of the franchise.

They should have a proper film with the original cast.I'm not saying there can't be flashbacks to young Mystique,Charles & Eric,but what was the point of resetting the timeline if you don't intend to use the original cast again.:huh:

What they should do with the series from here on out?

Keep Simon as a writer and Singer as either director or maybe as an overseer/producer.

Continue putting main focus on FC characters, not OT.

Doing justice to Jean, Ororo, and ESPECIALLY Scott.

I think I understand where your coming from. I'll watch these movies regardless of when they are set, but by staying in the past the movies are going to continue to take place about 30+ years from when they are released, stuck in the 20th century. X-Men: Apocalypse will be set in the 80s, and sequels could continue through 80s and into the 90s (I don't know if they'll retread the 2000s), is that something that would appeal to most people, or does it matter? It's a crazy idea, but what if they do what All New X-Men has done and have the younger X-Men brought to the future? This way the 21st century setting keeps it more relevant and the younger actors help sustain the longevity of the franchise.

The time frame of when the movies are set doesn't bother me. I'd honestly rather see a younger cast of Storm, Cyclops, Jean, etc so they can get the screen time and stories they deserve. Their appearances were so brief (it feels like) that I want more of the main core of the X-men.

Either way, this thing can go in so many different ways. I'm excited.

Along with the main core, I want to see more Colossus, Angel, Nightcrawler and Gambit, somehow.

Continue making good movies. No matter the story they choose (or create themselves), no matter which characters they use or how they dress them - just make good movies with that certain passion and make those movies stand on their own without focusing too much on "expanding the universe". That is all.

To quote a character from one of the best games of all time (The Longest Journey): "It is easy, from here. You can go anywhere you wish."

This movie has truly made me excited about the future and I am very curious to see where this franchise is going. ;) Whatever they decide to do, I am sure it will be great. I know there have been some movies that were less good, but FOX knows what they are doing now.

With the past 3 movies they have earned my trust once again and I believe that there are going to be a lot of amazing X-Men movies in the upcoming years.

They should have a proper film with the original cast.I'm not saying there can't be flashbacks to young Mystique,Charles & Eric,but what was the point of resetting the timeline if you don't intend to use the original cast again.:huh:

So they wouldn't have to adhere to the story/character constricting continuity of the OT/XMOW. Clean slate for all. Not just the OT.

To re-cast for younger parts?

They could do almost whatever, jumble up birthdates and show us Young Prof X and Mags with the actual original X-Men roster. I kind of really want to see a team consisting of Scott, Jean, Hank, Warren and Bobby to start the film. I could see them having their encounter with Apocalypse ala X-Factor. Xavier calls in Logan etc ala Giant Size X-Men.

So they wouldn't have to adhere to the story/character constricting continuity of the OT/XMOW. Clean slate for all. Not just the OT.

Bingo. They reset it because now the younger characters and their timeline don't have to line up with events that happened in the original trilogy + Wolverine movies.

Honestly, instead of having to choose between the OT cast and the new cast, why not just make movies with both. They can alternate years and we can get more X-Men films that we ever thought possible.

For instance, we can get X-Men Apocalypse in 2016, and then get X-Men (Insert cool subtitle here) in 2017 that is set exclusively in the future and deals with some sort of fallout from Apocalypse.

Last edited:
I want to see Mr.Sinister and his obsession with Scott and Jean from TAS.

Why wont FOX just give me and cake and let me eat it to! Why cant we have "FC" movies and OT movies!?!

If they do decide to stay in the 80's and 90's to show the xmen when they are young I'm gonna be dissapointed. I want to see more of Blink, Bishop, Iceman, Collossus and nightcrawler.

It would be best to alternate the releases between the first class time an the OT time.

First class timeline would follow younger
Professor X
Cyclops
Jean
Storm
Beast
Havok
Gambit
Mystique
Magneto
Quicksilver

While the OT/present day timeline would follow
Iceman
Shadowcat
Rogue
Collossus
Nightcrawler
Blink
Bishop
Deadpool
Wolverine
Cable

That way we would get more bang for our buck instead of the same 4 characters headlining every movie. I'm looking at you
Wolverine
Magneto
Professor X
Mystique

Agreed!
This is actually a pretty good idea, but the only thing is how do Kinberg and Singer keep the threat of Apocalypse from feeling repetitive after two films?

Wolverine 3 could serve as inbetween and a tease to Apocalypse's return.

Last edited:
That's beside the point; having two movies with Apocalypse as the villain causing destruction, with the only difference being the cast and setting, is pointless. It's basically the same movie twice.

I would love a spin-off movie showing what happened to Blink/Bishop/Sunspot/Warpath in 2023 after Logan wakes up.

As we didnt see their fate I would set it where its still dark and Sentinels rule like the start of DOFP, they could be an alternate dimension where for some reason there fates didnt change as much as that of Logan and they try to find out why and how to get back to the "new happy" reality. Much awesomeness ensues!

Not going to happen but just an idea I had.

I don't want to see THAT Warpath again. They got a damn >Taylor Lautner lookalike kid to play him. Ugh.

Develop Cyclops/Jean/Storm more especially Cyclops.

More team up action scenes.

Magneto's brotherhood tearing up the place.

Apocalypse single handedly taking on a team of X-Men.

McAvoy going bald and start mimicking Patrick Stewart's accent more like Fassbender did with McKellan.

That's beside the point; having two movies with Apocalypse as the villain causing destruction, with the only difference being the cast and setting, is pointless. It's basically the same movie twice.

X1/X3 says hi. Though X3 wasn't really a good film.

With a good writer, it could be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"