Apocalypse What Is future of X-Men now

marvelrobbins

Avenger
Reaction score
In wake of Bryan Singer scandal and lawsuit especilly Apocalypse. My feeling Is it could be one of the folowing

Apocalypse with Singer directing moves forward

Fox replaces singer as director but he remains as producer like on First class and Michael Dougherty,Dan harris,and Simon Kinberg continue writing script

Apocalypse Is scrapped and a seperate First Class 3 Is devolped for may 27 2016 slot possibly with Kinberg writing script for new director

The third wolverine is moved up a year after that fox going Spider-man and batman and schedules compete X-Men reboot for 2019 or 2020

Fox scraps both apocalypse and third wolverine and schedules compete reboot for 2018 or 2019

They are making Apocalypse with or without Singer. And unless some truly damning evidence shows up, I don't see Singer going anywhere.

Yeah but he devolped story and his X2/Superman returns writers working on script.

The way some are going on you have to wonder about future of APocalypse.In some form X-Men films will continue but will the Singer devolped Apocalypse move forward.

Just because he developed the story and he has some of his past writers working on it doesn't mean it can't happen without him at the helm. They can move forward with his story if they want to. He hasn't officially been announced as the director anyway.

The writers are paid by FOX not by Singer - so if they want to move forward with Apocalypse without him they will. They've not only planned out and dated X:A but Wolverine 3 and a 2018 X-Men movie - in addition to FF2. They are not going to scrap all of that because one of their directors turned out to be a sleaze.

If it comes down to it - they'll replace him easily and move on.

Fox scraps both apocalypse and third wolverine and schedules compete reboot for 2018 or 2019

You cannot be serious with this.:o

I'm sure Fox would be smart not to let one scandal ruin their money-making film series. Like what happened to X3, the show must go on whether Singer is involved or not.

The movie will still happen, with or without him. Fox already has a lot of time and planning in regard to that film, Wolverine 3, and X-Force. Many of the main actors are still under contract for the film, as well. They will not squander all that, especially if Days of Future Past is a hit, all because Singer isn't there. I would guess if he leaves, they will try to get Vaughn back. If he says no, then either they will ask Mangold to do it, or hire a new director outright.

X-Men: Apocalypse will happen one way or another, though. The man in the chair is just currently in doubt.

I Agree.
This movie will happen.
No question about it .
I think Mangold would be an interesting choice .

I Agree.
This movie will happen.
No question about it .
I think Mangold would be an interesting choice .

If Mangold directs Apocalypse, he would be directing 2 X-Men films in 2 consecutive years, assuming Apocalypse starts filming next year and Wolverine 3 in 2016.

With Matthew Vaughn, I think if he's gonna be the replacement director, they should hire him as soon as possible. I feel like he would prefer a rewrite from himself and Jane Goldman and that could take time. So with that the film could be rushed or delayed.

Singer maybe the shephard of the franchise but if need be the franchise will continue without him.

They will probably use the same script that's being written now even with a new director, If DOFP does well and the franchise is on good grounding its probably not wise for FOX to get a new director then throw away the script from kinberg and the X2 writers and write a brand new one with new writers

We already knew Singer is dropping out of publicacy for DOFP.

The X-men franchice will continue and no unlike those people who commented fox will not give X-Men to DIsney.

Eddie Murphy was once caught in car with transvite hooker yet went on to star In family movies like Dr Doolittle. They made fun of that on the Simpsons.

Things with APocalypse may depend on how box office for DOFP go and how the suit against Singer goes. He could still direct APocalypse perhapes a FC situation devolps with singer producing and another director comes on. If fox in worse case sceniro wants to distance itself from singer a different FC3 storyline could be devolped or extreme long shot they reboot X-Men films.

Eddie Murphy was once caught in car with transvite hooker yet went on to star In family movies like Dr Doolittle. They made fun of that on the Simpsons.

What?:eek:

shocked_joey_friends.gif

:lmao:

It depends on how persuasive Singer's alibi in court is. If his receipts show that he was regularly in Toronto during the shooting of the first X-Men, then he'll probably return as director, if there's any doubt or gaps of three or four days with no billings during that time or receipts showing him to have been in Hawaii, then his career is over. If things are inconclusive, charges are dropped or there's a settlement out of court, then he'll probably be a producer but won't go anywhere near a camera on XMA.

This also depends on the rumors that some of the biggest gay names in Hollywood may be called to testify whether they've seen Singer be sexually aggressive. Like if Niel Patrick Harris takes the stand and says that he does believe that Singer is a rapist or prefers underage boys, then the torch will probably be passed to Vaughn.

I think what will decide things far more than anything else is how well DOFP performs at the box office. So far the X-Men franchise has not managed to perform as well as well as the Spider-man films or the MCU and that can't be something the Fox is very happy about.

With DoFP Fox are going 'All In', they are using all their characters and if rumours are true have spent over $270 million on the film. So if it under performs I could see Fox wondering if they have the right people in charge of the franchise.

X-Men franchise has not managed to perform as well as well as the Spider-man films or the MCU

X-Men has yet to reach MCU's box-office height but all X-Men films outgrossed The Incredible Hulk at the worldwide box-office and some of the outgrossed Captain America 1 and Thor 1.

The future of the franchise itself is that it continues until people get tired of going to the films .
I dont see that happening for a long while yet .

X-Men has yet to reach MCU's box-office height but all X-Men films outgrossed The Incredible Hulk at the worldwide box-office and some of the outgrossed Captain America 1 and Thor 1.

Yeah but beating The Incredible Hulk is not something Fox will be wanting to brag about when every Spider-Man film has had a lifetime gross over $750 million and it looks like all Marvel's Phase 2 films so far are set to beat $600 million.

Apocalypse will move forward with another director, probably a no-name guy that will take orders from the studio and since this is already the third movie in the trilogy the director won't be able to put a personal stamp on anything, he would be inheriting the cast and script. I think we'll figure out how guilty Fox thinks Singer is in the next few months, if they wait for him then it could signal that they think he does have enough evidence to win.

Yeah but beating The Incredible Hulk is not something Fox will be wanting to brag about when every Spider-Man film has had a lifetime gross over $750 million and it looks like all Marvel's Phase 2 films so far are set to beat $600 million.

Spider-Man is more popular than the X-Men to the public and I believe the Spider-Man movie always had more budget so that is also a factor.

And if X-Men Days of Future Past earned more than 700 million, it will show that it can compete with MCU/Spidey films.

My point is just that the performance of DoFP at the box office will have far more impact on the future of the franchise than the Singer story (short of more thing coming out about his personal life). So far the franchise has underperformed, if that were to happen with DoFP then Fox might start to rethink who they have put in charge.

I'm not saying that I think it will underperform (it shouldn't) but Godzilla/Maleficent could perform particularly well, the word of mouth for DoFP might not be as good as Fox would like. And ultimately the box office can sometimes take us by surprise like when Alice in Wonderland made over $1 billion dollars at the box office.

I find it hard to believe Singer will be proven guilty, guilty or not. He's in a good financial position in a country that recently went easy on a teen who killed multiple people because he was too rich to know better. I expect it'll be hard to pin him to a scene so many years later, let alone to the crime itself. It's a black mark regardless though. Singer will no doubt keep a low profile for a while.

Fox will probably wait to see how DOFP does before making any decisions about the future. If the film is successful commercially and critically, I doubt some shady accusations are going to affect Singer's reputation with them. If the film faulters at all, then they have every excuse to kick him to the curb without having to address this stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"