The Dark Knight What will Nolan's biggest challenge will be in TDK?

I still doubt it would be. I'd guess 2hrs 20 minutes, or up. I'm pretty sure they'll give Nolan whatever ammount of time he needs to tell this story. WB's been too good up to this point supporting Nolan to step in now with some kind of restriction like that.

I suspect you may be confusing it with a rumour about a different film (Iron Man, perhaps, which is said to be under two hours). I can guarantee that if such a rumour existed, there would be a thread here debating it (SHHers are always pissed when a film clocks in under two hours, and rightly so). No such thread exists.

noone said that it would be under 2 hours IMO.

if it is then the quality of the movie would fall on the ground IMO. a movie needs a lot of time to tell a good story.
the movie should be the same time as BB. it can be longer but in NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way should TDK be shorter. even for a minute.

I hope he spends enough time to introduce and develop the characters. Most important character in this way is Harvey Dent. We need to see his good sides and efforts to fight crime, maybe some hints that he has two sides of character, his deep love to Gilda or Rachel??? and at last his fall in the trial.
For Bruce's development I'd wish some arguing with Alfred about his "work" and handling with the upcoming hate about Joker.
For the Joker it's important that he becomes more crazy and violent through the movie, like a giant storm in the end that destroys everything in his way. Maybe short glimpses of his past and his motivation.
All in all, 40%action, 60% characters---- 2,5 hours

i am also a nolan fan.

but things can go wrong. lets never forget that this is WB's movie. they can f.. something up.
Well, Nolan told everyone at WB hands off when he signed on so I have faith.

The main worry I have now is the Joker not looking properly (he still doesn't quite have it for me, though I'd really like a clear shot of him smiling) and the way the BatPod is utilised, now that Jett over on that other site is basically confirming that one of his reports said that the Pod in one way or another, drove up or on a wall.

Biggest challenge will be making us care about Two-Face to set-up movie three. The next movie won;t have the automatic draw of the Joker and it will need to be fresh and exciting again to top TDK.

The audience really needs to fall for Harvey Dent. And of course, Bruce Wayne as well; he needs our sympathy by the movies end. The audience should be thinking "man he should really just quit doing that bat thing" but know that he will not, or can't.

I know we've only seen a little but I think Nolan's already got the Joker in the bag. He's going to be a hit.

Showing trailer that offers more than a logo.

I will not be comparing this Joker to Nicholson's Joker..because he's not as good as Mark Hamilll, so, I will go on comparing Ledger and Hamill, just want to say that

His biggest challenge will be either outdoing or at least matching the success he had with Batman Begins.

I will not be comparing this Joker to Nicholson's Joker..because he's not as good as Mark Hamilll, so, I will go on comparing Ledger and Hamill, just want to say that

Don't even compare Ledger's Joker with Hamill's Joker cos all Hammil did was the voice. Nicholson is your best bet, I wouldn't even compare Ncholson with Ledger's Joker cos all different versions.

The sexually repressed, socially isolated, video-game saturated fanboys

I don't agree. Frankly, I think pretty much every single person in the western world knows that "The Dark Knight" refers to Batman. Other areas of the world is a different matter, of course.

You're kidding, right? Understand you're a comic book fan, or you wouldn't be on this forum. That's where your viewpoint is coming from. Every COMIC BOOK FAN will know what the Dark Knight refers to, but go up to ANYONE on the street who doesn't read comics, and I can guarantee they probably won't know who the Dark Knight refers to. Why would they?

You're kidding, right? Understand you're a comic book fan, or you wouldn't be on this forum. That's where your viewpoint is coming from. Every COMIC BOOK FAN will know what the Dark Knight refers to, but go up to ANYONE on the street who doesn't read comics, and I can guarantee they probably won't know who the Dark Knight refers to. Why would they?

While I don't think the knowledge would be quite as wide-spread as suggested above, I think the synonymy of "Batman" and "The Dark Knight" is known by a fair number of people outside of comic fans...

You should test that theory. You'll be surprised, I guarantee.

It's all of them. This film is under the microscope because of many factors. The general moviegoing public had low expectations for Begins because of Batman and Robin. For this sequel, expectations are much higher. People are expecting this film to nail all of the aspects listed in this poll.

How would they know The Dark Knight is synonymous with Batman? That's my question. I think people who are familiar with comic books have this knowledge of Batman and his mythos so ingrained that they can't fathom not knowing it, or that someone else wouldn't know it. I believe most people's knowledge of Batman is very basic; they know what he looks like and what he does, and that some of his equipment has the prefix "bat" in front of it, but a lot of this knowledge will come from the movies and perhaps the 60s show. There was little if any reference to Batman being called The Dark Knight in those adaptations.

People tend to retain info that's important in some manner. Like I have ZERO interest in sports. I cannot remember nor care to remember who was in this year's superbowl. But sports fans would be unable to grasp that someone wouldn't know that. It's such a vital event (just as knowing The Dark Knight is an alias of Batman is vital to the medium) that how could someone not remember this?

Now people who have a limited experience -- not necessarily fans -- of comic books will know this. But your average person, who hasn't touched a comic book ever, they will most likely NOT know this.

I think the fact that dumb newscasters keep calling it the dark knight returns is a good indication of its synonymity (seriously hoping this is an actual word)

The marketing department were probably up nights fretting about it and doing studies. I don't think there'll be that many people missing out due to not realising it's a Batman film

Most people will catch on after the first trailer that The Dark Knight is a Batman film and people who don't really don't care about Batman and could care less. They are a demographic that probably wouldnt care even if Batman was in the title.

I mean it's pretty clear if you see a bat that it's not a king arthur flick

the only problem is making it clear that you're not saying "dark night" in conversation, and if that happens you can always just give in and call it batman: the dark knight :o

If you see a poster or commercial that reads "the dark knight" on top of the Batman logo and still can't figure it out, then you aren't in the demographic for this movie. Given the $371 million that this movie took the first go around, people won't have any issues putting 2 & 2 together. Believe me, this/these movie(s) will be massive and they'll never again have to mention Batman in the title. Unless of course TDK gets critically panned and flops which is fairly unlikely.

This conversation would be extremely different if Batman Begins was called TDK, because then you could run into the issue of familiarity, seeing as the latest batman movie (prior to Nolan's) was released in 1997.

I think pleasing these boards would even be a challenge to God.:whatever: :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"