• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What Will The X-Men : Last Stand Make in WORLDWIDE Boxoffice Sales ?

Carp Man

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok here it is reposted. Worldwide Boxoffice.

Ok, like I said in the other thread...X3 should fall in the 475-525 million worldwide range.

Downhere said:
Ok, like I said in the other thread...X3 should fall in the 475-525 million worldwide range.

Well if you care to vote, these are the opitions. So pick 1.

i pick more than 500 million :O
leave me alone in my world :o

I picked 450-500 but I think it has a good chance at a little over 500. International numbers are a great deal better than X2's which leads me to believe it will make the 500 million mark.

flavio_lebeau said:
i pick more than 500 million :O
leave me alone in my world :o

That's cool to be optomistic. Nothing wroung with that.:)

Carp Man said:
That's cool to be optomistic. Nothing wroung with that.:)

X3 had a big opening in Brazil...887,000 people watched it in the first three days...that must be why im opmistic. Also, i never saw such a good reaction like in that movie. It was the first time i saw the audience clapping twice during the movie and then after the "two" endings, more cheering and clapping.

flavio_lebeau said:
X3 had a big opening in Brazil...887,000 people watched it in the first three days...that must be why im opmistic. Also, i never saw such a good reaction like in that movie. It was the first time i saw the audience clapping twice during the movie and then after the "two" endings, more cheering and clapping.

I think a good guess on where it will land is 510 million worldwide...240 million domestically and 270 million internationally. It might be on the optimistic side but as long as the international multiplier stays along the lines X2 had then it will make it.

Downhere said:
I think a good guess on where it will land is 510 million worldwide...240 million domestically and 270 million internationally. It might be on the optimistic side but as long as the international multiplier stays along the lines X2 had then it will make it.

Do you think anyone would get upset if I posted a thread, which will make more SR, or X 3 ? :eek: Wouldn't do that, but oh boy would the fur fly. :) I used to be The Thing 2005 by the way, so you know where I stand when it comes to Marvel, vs DC. Oh and by the way Mojo predicts 10.4 million for Friday. Figures below reflect that #.

Carp Man said:
Do you think anyone would get upset if I posted a thread, which will make more SR, or X 3 ? :eek: Wouldn't do that...

You've learned. Wise man. :cool:

Carp Man said:
Do you think anyone would get upset if I posted a thread, which will make more SR, or X 3 ? :eek: Wouldn't do that, but oh boy would the fur fly. :) I used to be The Thing 2005 by the way, so you know where I stand when it comes to Marvel, vs DC.

If you make that thread it will be closed probably...it will turn to a huge fight. lol. At this rate I think there are too many variables in regard to SR. Moving it's release date 2 days does help it's overall gross though. I think there is potential for it to be huge but then again POTC could completely obliterate it considering they both are going for the same demographic. It would be funny if SR falls close to where X3 will land...but realistically it could beat it but I don't think it will beat it by much. It will definitely not be the next Spider-man. I think worldwide SR will get a maximum of 600 million.

Lightning Strikez! said:
You've learned. Wise man. :cool:

Now lightning, I didn't do that before with BB, and FF did I ? :eek: Nothing was learned. I'll always be the way I am. A FF, and Marvel fanatic. Nothing or noone will ever change that. I'm not a bandwagon jumper. I am very please with how X3 has peformed, broke many records.

Thinking about it, it might be a struggle for X3 to reach 500 million...I think this weekend's drops internationally will paint the picture if it can reach 500 mil.

500-550 million. This movie is going to make more money internationally than domestically as opposed to the last 2. Its huge in UK/Australia/France/Brazil/Mexico and it hasnt even opened in a huge market Japan. It will open there on Sept 9.

obeastdyke said:
500-550 million. This movie is going to make more money internationally than domestically as opposed to the last 2. Its huge in UK/Australia/France/Brazil/Mexico and it hasnt even opened in a huge market Japan. It will open there on Sept 9.

:eek: I'm so greatful I don't live in Japan

The weak US dollar makes the international take far more important than it was for X2. I compared exchange rates for May 7 2003 and May 26 2006. Euros are up 12% against the dollar and the british pound is up 16%. The Yen is only up 3%.

X2 only took around $15m when it opened in Japan in May 2003 which seems quite low for an action film. Van Helsing had its Japanese release delayed until September and it took $30m.

obeastdyke said:

I wonder, will the Japanese version be any different, as they have several more months left before it comes out there...

Mojo has estimated $ 34,350,000 domestic boxoffice for the weekend. A 66.6 % drop.

That's a disappointing drop, more than FF, which is surprising. X3 is better than that.........66.6%? It might struggle to hit $250m now because of CARS, SR, and POTC2.

Milkman95 said:
That's a disappointing drop, more than FF, which is surprising. X3 is better than that.........66.6%? It might struggle to hit $250m now because of CARS, SR, and POTC2.

Overseas sales is going to carry it, just like FF. FF made 53.1 % of its sales from overseas. And what's your take on worldwide sales ? The Break Up made more then I thought it would. 38 million. It's still # 2 for 2006. 16 million behind Ice Age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"