• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Will The X-Men : Last Stand Make in WORLDWIDE Boxoffice Sales ?

Carp Man said:
Ah..... I want to see Sups drop 2nd weekend. POTC 2. Better then Kryptonite. As you can see, since SR is opening on a Wednesday, I have included the opening 5 days of X-Men in my signature.

We'll see Carp.

X3 lost to The Break Up, which is truly embarrassing, as well as the record setting drop. Of course SR will only stay on top one week with POTC2 coming, but that's a TOTAL different animal than having to deal with a romantic comedy.

What will you say if SR doesn't have a bigger drop than X3 even with POTC2 as competition?

Lightning Strikez! said:
Last I checked it had grossed $178M domestically, and $318M worldwide. That's amazing for an 12 day take.

I agree, although the drop is equally amazing and disappointing at the same time...:(

Milkman95 said:
We'll see Carp.

X3 lost to The Break Up, which is truly embarrassing, as well as the record setting drop. Of course SR will only stay on top one week with POTC2 coming, but that's a TOTAL different animal than having to deal with a romantic comedy.

What will you say if SR doesn't have a bigger drop than X3 even with POTC2 as competition?

The only reason Break Up did so well is because Jen, and Vince are an item. If Sr doesn't have as big a drop ? I will say so ? And when you oppen at 103 million, any drop is sugnificent. Point is X3 did more opening day ever behind ROTS. Biggest Memorial day weekend ever. It's larger then BB, will be larger then SR.

Milkman95 said:
I agree, although the drop is equally amazing and disappointing at the same time...:(

I agree that it was disappointing, but with an AMAZING opening, are you surpised it had a steep drop? Most people who wanted to see it bad saw it opening week.

And 300 mill in 12 days is AMAZING- thats almost 100 million profit already!

Horrorfan said:
I agree that it was disappointing, but with an AMAZING opening, are you surpised it had a steep drop? Most people who wanted to see it bad saw it opening week.

And 300 mill in 12 days is AMAZING- thats almost 100 million profit already!

Don't wast your time. He's myopic when it comes to Marvel. He doesn't want to focus on the record breaking weekend. He wants to focus on the drop. Allthough I do respect his opinion. My glass is always half full, his is always half empty.

Up again. Lets get some more votes. I know there is more then 76 members on here.:up:

time to give this a little bump and take a look. Looks like 400 to 450 is going to take it. Anyone still think it will make between 450 and 500 million ? Or over 500 million ? Still 10 days to vote. And remember that's WORLDWIDE sales.

aawww to think i predicted over 500m :( i really thought the Last stand would be like the spider-man of the franchise...but unfortunately, the word of mouth put this movie to the ground...

flavio_lebeau said:
aawww to think i predicted over 500m :( i really thought the Last stand would be like the spider-man of the franchise...but unfortunately, the word of mouth put this movie to the ground...

It's still suscussfull. So let's try to see the glass as half full, instead of half empty. However it did go south after the 1st week. No denying that. But overall it will do fine. Still has the 2nd largest opening day EVER, behind ROTS, and largest Memorial day opening weekend EVER. It's the # 1 movie of 2006. It's the # 1 opening weekend of 2006 domesticly. It's # 3 on the 2006 worldwide list. :) Think I'll shlept over to the Superman forum, and see what's shaking there.

Pretty impressive I would say.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=x3.htm

Yearly (Limited) 2006 1
Yearly Opening Weekends (All) 2006 1
Yearly Opening Weekends (Wide) 2006 1
Yearly 2006 1
Worldwide Yearly 2006 3
Opening Day Gross 2
Opening Weekends 4
Opening Weekends - May 4
Top 4-Day Grosses 5
Top 5-Day Grosses 5
Memorial Day 4-Day Holiday Weekend Openers 1
Memorial Day 4-Day Holiday Weekends 1
Fastest to $100 million 4
Fastest to $200 million 13

Ironman worldwide boxoffice to date: $505,036,529

I still find it really curious, comparing to X3...

What do you find so curious about it?

I said it in other thread.

Ironman is the first movie and is not well known, while X3 was the third film of a very well known franchise and the x-men have been more popular.

Is a big surprise for Marvel, definetly.

Iron Man was a highly anticipated movie that apparently met audience expectations. Hence, the movie's good legs and subsequent triumph at the box office. X-Men: The Last Stand was highly anticipated as well and made an absolute killing during its opening weekend (heavily beating Iron Man)... but it had terrible legs by comparison and with less competition. Make of that what you will.

Iron Man was a highly anticipated movie that apparently met audience expectations. Hence, the movie's good legs and subsequent triumph at the box office. X-Men: The Last Stand was highly anticipated as well and made an absolute killing during its opening weekend (heavily beating Iron Man)... but it had terrible legs by comparison and with less competition. Make of that what you will.

X3 clearly didn't meet expectations (especially fan expectations), and was harmed by bad word of mouth and mixed reviews.

what is clear is that X3 was much much more anticipated than Ironman.

That's why X3 was and still is a "flop".

what is clear is that X3 was much much more anticipated than Ironman.

That's why X3 was and still is a "flop".

X3 is by NO means a flop, I'm sorry I understand some peoples negatve reactions to the movie but X3 is not a flop!

X3 is by NO means a flop, I'm sorry I understand some peoples negatve reactions to the movie but X3 is not a flop!

True, it's not a 'flop'. Since we don't know what Fox's financial prediction was, we can't say it underperformed either, even though it does feel (to me) like it fell short and should have made more money.

I think Ratner made the movie he was able to make in the time and even though the product as a whole has some problems, it still has some amazing moments.

It didn't need too much more to be a much better movie - development/resolution of the Angel subplot (reunion with dad, as in the novelisation); a longer Cyclops/Jean reunion at the dam and more acknowledgement of Cyclops' death at the funeral (would have made the death more meaningful); more resolution of the cure storyline; more development of Phoenix. Those things would have added about 15minutes maximum to the movie and would have rounded it out much more.

I know it wasn't a flop, I was meaning it wasn't as successful as it could have been.

I really was expecting more than $500 million worldwide.

But at the same time, I think Fox got what they deserved.

As much as I was disappointed with it, The Last Stand wasn't a flop. I don't care how much it cost to make. It was the fourth highest grossing movie in America and the seventh highest grossing movie in the world in 2006. It may not have been as profitable as its predecessors, but it wasn't a flop.

probably not, that's true! hhahaha

you know, is the third movie of a big franchise, great cast, great new aditions, great new characters, great action (well, some scenes at least, he), so it could have gotten over $600 million easily.....

but it didn't..... why?..... everyone here know it.

This move was not a flop, but it did have its flaws if the Phoenix effect would have been made then I the special effects would've reaaly put X3 up their with Star Wars

also if the cure/Phoenix storyline had more depth and heart it may have surpassed X2 as the greatest comic book movie ever...

absolutly.

X3 had the potential to be the best comic movie, but......

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"