• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Will The X-Men : Last Stand Make in WORLDWIDE Boxoffice Sales ?

flavio_lebeau said:
X3 had a big opening in Brazil...887,000 people watched it in the first three days...that must be why im opmistic. Also, i never saw such a good reaction like in that movie. It was the first time i saw the audience clapping twice during the movie and then after the "two" endings, more cheering and clapping.
That kinda thing is relative... I´m from Brazil too and my audience had a pretty silent response, apart from a few laughs... I saw clapping at the end of only a few movies, and only one screening of each... Some clapping at the end of Spider-Man 2, pretty good clapping at the end of Batman Begins, lotsa clapping at the end of Narnia. The only real crazy cheer I saw was at the end of, gasp, TPM, but it was the first screening, everybody there was SW nuts (myself included)

It’s not really that strong outside of America, compare to Da Vinci code so I voted around 400 millions worldwide
Hope it makes more.
500 to 600 millions will ensure another sequel.

I know this is a bot of a moronic question but worlwide gross includes the u.s right.

Just checking.

phantom47 said:
I wonder f 45o WW is doable?

Well hasn't opened in China yet. Opens there 7/20. Opens in Japan 9/9. Korea 6/15. Taiwan 6/17. I feel if it is to reach 450million, 225 to 250 million will have to come from overseas. FF made 14 million from 3 of those 4 countries. Didn't play in Korea, and made 175.4 million total from overseas.

i bet it makes a crap load of money but in comparison to number 2 it shud make about 15 bucks

Guys my gut feeling is that MI3 will end up doing more overseas than X3.

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/20060604/114948799600.html

Tom cruise is really popular in JAPAN. And Mi3 certainly has potential to do between $50-100 million there. The second one did $80+ million there.

And now with this marketing I think it has good chances of beating X3.

PARAMOUNT has realised that they can still beat X3 so they will do anything in their power to do so.

How many people here think X3 will get a 600+ theatre drop next weekend.

Awful 67% drop in the U.S. and a 56% drop overseas in it's second weekend, something I did not expect, that's a much larger drop than I thought would happen.

Milkman95 said:
Awful 67% drop in the U.S. and a 56% drop overseas in it's second weekend, something I did not expect, that's a much larger drop than I thought would happen.

Have to agree with ya on this 1. Very disapointing. :(

Carp Man said:
Have to agree with ya on this 1. Very disapointing. :(

Sure, you can say these types of films are front-loaded, but even the biggest X-Men fan has to realize that a 67% drop and staying in the top spot for just one weekend is pretty bad. It doesn't help losing to that awful film The Break Up either.

Looks like Hell froze over - we agreed on something......:)

Ya this is a HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT for X3. I don't think it will even hit $450 million mark worldwide.

Hell F4 had a much better boxoffice run both domestically and overseas.

I do admit it's very disappointing- but it's made almost 300 mill worldwide. I can't see how that figure is disappointing.

I doubt it will do much over seas once the World Cup starts (isnt that soon) ? X3 is pretty much going to be dead once the World Cup starts

Milkman95 said:
Sure, you can say these types of films are front-loaded, but even the biggest X-Men fan has to realize that a 67% drop and staying in the top spot for just one weekend is pretty bad. It doesn't help losing to that awful film The Break Up either.

Looks like Hell froze over - we agreed on something......:)
having seen it tho, im not surpised. I dont think it's especially bad (its ok, but feels its lacking something, imo), but its certainly not something i would pay to see a second time at the movies..and i cant see anyone sane paying to see it more than 3 times.

I think X3 still has some legs but that 69% drop is gonna be a kick in the face. It still should top $300 mill this coming weekend. Plus you still have a lot of countries to open in yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"