• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What Will The X-Men : Last Stand Make in WORLDWIDE Boxoffice Sales ?

Milkman95 said:
Sure, you can say these types of films are front-loaded, but even the biggest X-Men fan has to realize that a 67% drop and staying in the top spot for just one weekend is pretty bad. It doesn't help losing to that awful film The Break Up either.

Looks like Hell froze over - we agreed on something......:)

We all know why Breakup did so well don't we ? Because Jennifer, and Vince are shacked up. :) If they wern't shacked up it might have made 15 million. that would have given 23 million more to X-Men. Close to 60 million, would be considered a suscess, we wouldn't be sitting here crying in out beer.

Actuall weekend #'s are in. $ 34,017,247. 66.9 % drop. Actuals were lower then Mojo estimated.

I can't believe this... it lost it's spot to the Break up!? Must be the bubble headed teenaged girls forcing their boyfriends going out to go see this thing.

I hope X-Men does the same amount or a little more this upcoming weekend.

Angelus7181 said:
I can't believe this... it lost it's spot to the Break up!? Must be the bubble headed teenaged girls forcing their boyfriends going out to go see this thing.

I think it will pick up.

remember that it still hasnt opened in huge markets like Japan,China,Korea!

obeastdyke said:
remember that it still hasnt opened in huge markets like Japan,China,Korea!

Should have updated overseas #'s tomorrow.

Angelus7181 said:

They did say The BreakUp was 67% female attendance.

Carp Man said:
We all know why Breakup did so well don't we ? Because Jennifer, and Vince are shacked up. :) If they wern't shacked up it might have made 15 million. that would have given 23 million more to X-Men. Close to 60 million, would be considered a suscess, we wouldn't be sitting here crying in out beer.
I totally agree - as a matter of fact I wrote that in another thread before I saw your response. And I thought the same thing last year with Mr. & Mrs. Smith as to why it did what it did. I really believe it was the tabloid Vince/Jennifer/Brangelina thing. And now it's being reported that Vince and Jen had broken up, but didn't want to say anything before the movie premiered.

Angelus7181 said:

Not a chance with The Omen and Cars opening. You'd be lucky to get $17m out of X3 this weekend, which is only a 50% drop compared to the record setting 67.1% drop they set the weekend prior.

The Weekend Warrior on Comingsoon.net says for this weekend Cars will do $67M, Break-Up $21M, X3 $17M, The Omen $16M (for the weekend), Over the Hedge $10M, DaVinci $10M, MI3 $2.7M.

Milkman95 said:
Not a chance with The Omen and Cars opening. You'd be lucky to get $17m out of X3 this weekend, which is only a 50% drop compared to the record setting 67.1% drop they set the weekend prior.

Ah..... I want to see Sups drop 2nd weekend. POTC 2. Better then Kryptonite. As you can see, since SR is opening on a Wednesday, I have included the opening 5 days of X-Men in my signature.

Overseas #'s have been updated. Over 318.1 million total. In 11 days. Let's see SR beat that. :)

DarknessOfDeath said:
so how much has X3 made so far?

Last I checked it had grossed $178M domestically, and $318M worldwide. That's amazing for an 12 day take.

DarknessOfDeath said:
so what happens now?

What do you mean?

We sit and discuss this film, count how much it is taking in for a while, discuss upcoming solo-flicks.....and fight, bicker, debate, argue, clash....pretty much business as usual.

damn ... Well meanwhile, Singer should consider doing his own version of X3/X4 and back the rest of the cast.

DarknessOfDeath said:
damn ... Well meanwhile, Singer should consider doing his own version of X3/X4 and back the rest of the cast.

Nope. Not happening. Singer is gone. Do you really think he wants to be known only as a director of comic book films? X-Men, Superman, X-Men again? Naw, I still have my doubts as to whether he would return for Superman Returns Again Once More....or whatever they will call the second one. He has always stated that he would like to do other projects...I just can't see him doing this type of film forever.

-sighs- Well then... I dunno. We'll never know.

I wonder what he thought about X3 when he saw it.

DarknessOfDeath said:
-sighs- Well then... I dunno. We'll never know.

I wonder what he thought about X3 when he saw it.

We will never really know. I'm sure somewhere somehow something will pop up on the internet attributed to him saying he hated it and blahblahblah, fueling even more internet vitriol against Ratner....

The internet sucks :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"