What would you change about the movie?

hellfiremaster

Civilian
Reaction score
I think the movie showed in my mind at least, that you cannot take a horrific entity, such as devils, demons and skeletons and make them candied. No doubt about it, not even by Marvel.

My opening scene would look like this... The evil that went into the scroll would have shown as horrific violence. Throat slashing, shootings, babies getting tossed into the well, I would have set the tone by showing how evil the scroll was. Then as Slade was running from Memphisto, he would have been chased by Memphisto in demonic form showing a narrow escape...

Penance stare.. you needed to have a side by side shot of GR and the victim as hellfire shoots from GR's eyes, into that of the victim. Also you needed to show the smoke coming from the victim after the burn.

Memphisto and blackhearts entrance into this plane, would have been as demons morphing into their "humanized" forms, every time. The exchange with young Johnny would have been much darker. Bartons death would have been horrific, witnessed by Johnny. As Johnny watched his step father die, I would have had a close up of the demonic Memphisto laughing as Johnny saw him. Blackhearts entry into the saloon would have been much more in the lines of From Dusk till Dawn. The three element demons would have given GR some fight. I know in the GR comics there are fights where GR comes back looking like hell. Torn up, tattered, and leaking hellfire. These fights would have exemplified this. His battle with Blackheart would have been epic, resulting in the death of Roxanne. Setting up his keeping of the powers against Memphisto's wishes.

There are somethings that translate well into film and there are things that do not. It appears that someone may have given up his soul for money.. and a pg rating...

HFM :ghost:

Replace Nicolas Cage with Kiefer Sutherland and Eva Mendes with Isla Fisher.

and make it an R-rated grindhouse flick.

I would change...everything...nothing was done right...new cast, new director, completely different set up...same basic premise since its the origin....but thats about all Id keep.

I'd change the writer/director let Goyer have a go at it with his original script

Get rid of all the actors and replace them with ones who can. Oh and good lighting to make the film have some kind of emotion. Insted of the cheap tv movie lighting GR had. Oh and give it a story. This movie barely even had one.

I'll get really detailed on what I want changed and why later.

But, to shorten most of it up kind of, just get rid of the cheesey lines and make Ghost Rider's not so cheesey. Also, make it darker and scarier.:up:

First priority: Far less camp/humor/cliche puns and jokes. Far more fighting/brawling/action/showcasing of power.

Second priority: Stronger, more threatening henchmen (ties into more fighting stated above). Fully-transformed comic-faithful Blackheart. Better actress to play Roxanne.

Other than that, I'd change very, very little. I loved GR.

Really i would only have ghost rider be more serious and less talkative.
Made the movie a bit longer to make it feel less rushed around the beginning.
And I would make blackheart look more like he did in the comics.
Something like this.
tn

I can't get the image any bigger but if you can see it something like that.

I'll just copy what I wrote in Canadian Rider's thread as it fits better here.

What I would of changed wouldn't have been much, but I think it was important for the film to be a bit darker. Understood this is a comicbook movie, and I really didn't mind Blaze being a goofball, I laughed a good amount, just like I laughed at the great interactions between Foggy and Matt in DD.
But they seemed to have wanted to carry on that humor on to almost all aspects of the film. Even though GR flipping the bird was priceless, it wasn't right.
Mendez and Bentley's performances weren't strong enough for me, even if they both visually accomodated their roles.
I didn't mind we didn't get full demon form blackheart, but I was a bit underwheelmed by the lack of struggle in the battles, even Superman had a tougher time winning... And for Christ sakes.... He's Superman.

Darker, Less comedy, More story/better script.

I would of liked to have seen guillermo del toro or someone like that do a ghost rider movie.

Blaze wouldn't point at everyone he has a conversation with.

i would make the Hidden a realistic threat

i would make Blackheart's true form his ACTUAL true form

i would eliminate the camp involving the Carpenters and jellybeans

I would add Stan Lee to the movie.

Where the hell was he anyway?

Give Sam Elliot's Ghost rider a real back story, a real place in the film and the first twenty minutes of the movie. Then, move to modern day with Johnny already as Ghost Rider. Give him flashbacks as to his origin. This would eliminate the poor writing and execution of the initial character development and lack of emotion surrounding the cancer and death of his father. Eliminate those lame elemental demons and use the budget for a better grand finale fight sequence. If you want to keep the truck crashing in to GR then have a mentally controlled mortal driving and dying in the impact. It's more vicious and it saves CGI cash. Mortal henchmen are cheaper and would be just as useless as those lame elementals.

These are just top of the head corrections. Producers and MSJ should be chastised for not having made better script corrections in pre-production. Once this thing got to the shooting script, it was all over because MSJ isn't savvy enough to correct even poor dialogue or lack of common sense scenes on his own.

Give Sam Elliot's Ghost rider a real back story, a real place in the film and the first twenty minutes of the movie. Then, move to modern day with Johnny already as Ghost Rider. Give him flashbacks as to his origin. This would eliminate the poor writing and execution of the initial character development and lack of emotion surrounding the cancer and death of his father. Eliminate those lame elemental demons and use the budget for a better grand finale fight sequence. If you want to keep the truck crashing in to GR then have a mentally controlled mortal driving and dying in the impact. It's more vicious and it saves CGI cash. Mortal henchmen are cheaper and would be just as useless as those lame elementals.

These are just top of the head corrections. Producers and MSJ should be chastised for not having made better script corrections in pre-production. Once this thing got to the shooting script, it was all over because MSJ isn't savvy enough to correct even poor dialogue or lack of common sense scenes on his own.
flashbacks in movies - :down
sure, comics get away with flashback issues to tell stories but let's compare:

comics - form of visual art consisting of images which are commonly combined with text, often in the form of speech balloons or image captions

movie - a sequence of consecutive pictures of objects photographed in motion by a specially designed camera (motion-picture camera) and thrown on a screen by a projector (motion-picture projector) in such rapid succession as to give the illusion of natural movement.

two different forms of media, two different set of do's and don'ts

like somebody has already said it, I would change director/writer/casting

My changes are minor. First, actually make the villains good. The villains looked like Lost Boys rip off. Secondly, actually give Ghost Rider a good challenge. It too Ghost Rider about 10 minutes to defeat all four villains.

well theres not alot id change at all, since i share most of MSJ visions, but i would have definatly made blackheart older and get someone with a less annoying voice. hmm what else. I dont know... I think its great, everything was pretty damn shapely.

oh yeea, get rid of the "yee-haw" and make "ghostriders in the sky" more hard rockier.

In looking at the MTV behind the scenes.. there are obviously scenes that are deleted. Blackheart vs Caretaker is one that comes to mind. So maybe we'll see a little more "vision" when the DVD comes out.

The yeehaw by GR.. gotta go.

I would have liked to see him create the bike from hellfire, like in the comics.

In the jail he could have physically wracked some of those inmates. Not just a throw them off with a big yawn type of thing.

HFM

Blackheart vs Caretaker? In his Rider form or human form?

/\ It was the scene was in the novel. It wasn't a fight though. Just Blackheart nearly beating Caretaker to death before going to Roxanne's apartment.

Didn't really advance the plot and made me wonder- "why didn't he just become Ghost Rider? If his life was 'in danger'?" Felt like a plot hole to me in the book actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"