What's your favorite fight in the MCU?

jaqua99

....I need a horse!
Reaction score
Not sure if I am missing any. But what is your favorite fight so far in the MCU?

I would go with Hulk vs Thor due to it being a live action version of a classic rivarly, But I am gunna say Abomination vs Hulk. That was the best brawl I think so far. Abomination was stronger, and it showed Hulk getting angry enough and over coming abomination.

i like the nightcrawler in the white house scene...thats cool.

Spider-Man vs. The Lizard
Spider-Man vs. Doc Ock
Every Wolverine fight
Every Iron Man fight
Every Blade fight
Punisher vs. Kevin Nash Russian guy

Also dig the Nightcrawler scene mentioned above.

Hmm, I voted for Thor vs Iron Man. It did a shockingly good job of putting two characters of rather different power level into a fight, and turning it into something more interesting than a curbstomp while still portraying the gulf.

I said Hulk vs. Thor but I also dug Widow vs Hawkeye. I feel like those were the only really well choreographed fights. There 1 vs 100 style fights are really memorable but they need to work on the 1 on 1s me thinks.

Thor vs. Iron Man is my flat-out favorite CBM fight of all time. It was so well crafted that you got a full sense of the power both of them possess, yet it managed to show just who was the boss. Thor putting the hammer down on Cap was the icing on the cake. That fight was one of the longest one-on-one battles in any MCU film, if not the longest, which really I appreciated. Marvel and Whedon definitely pulled out all the stops on that one.

I was going to suggest adding the Hulk/Loki smackdown, but that wasn't a fight, it was a thrashing. :word:

Difficult question, so many to choose from.
Thor vs. Iron Man is the obvious choice, but i think I go for an underdog. Cap vs. Red Skull because it was beautifully choreographed.

While it was amazing to see Thor and Hulk fight on the big screen, in hindsight the fight was rather short and a little too small scale.

Thor vs Ironman in the forest pulled no punches though, so I would have to give it to that. An under-rated fight though is Thor vs The Frost Giants on Jotunheim.

The last Spider-Man vs. G. Goblin climax in SM1. It got intensely brutal, and when I saw it back then I was like, "now THIS is how it was in the books."

I know it's not technically in the MCU, but it's the best Marvel adaptation fight I've seen.

Last edited:
So much fail in this thread.

The OP said the MCU, guys, lol.

Anywho...I vote for...

Hulk vs Abomination.

Such a brawler-type fight that I always wanted to see Hulk be in.

The entire third act of Avengers.

So much fail in this thread.

The OP said the MCU, guys, lol.

Anywho...I vote for...

Hulk vs Abomination.

Such a brawler-type fight that I always wanted to see Hulk be in.

agreed on ALL accounts :up: lol

I went for Thor vs Ironman. The headbutting part and the lightning strike to Stark's armor, followed by, "How 'bout that?", made it for me.

tumblr_m44cwwVKF11qghgnxo1_500.gif

tumblr_m44cwwVKF11qghgnxo2_500.gif

Last edited:
Iron Man vs Iron Monger(which you misspelled in the poll, BTW) used to be my #1 and the movie itself still is my #1 superhero film of all time; but once I saw Iron Man & Thor fight I knew it had taken the crown so that's my #1. I just love how it just isn't a cool fight but one that accurately portrays the characters in relation to each other in terms of powers and abilities. Most other fights just gloss over this stuff as if it's unimportant because it takes subtlety as well as pure nerd-ish attention to detail.

Since these are focused on 1-on-1 fights instead of battles (otherwise, hello Avengers' entire 3rd act), I voted on Iron Man vs. Thor. Though I really liked Black Widow vs. Hawkeye, too.

Removed for unnecessary conflict.

Last edited:
Iron Man vs Iron Monger(which you misspelled in the poll, BTW) used to be my #1 and the movie itself still is my #1 superhero film of all time; but once I saw Iron Man & Thor fight I knew it had taken the crown so that's my #1. I just love how it just isn't a cool fight but one that accurately portrays the characters in relation to each other in terms of powers and abilities. Most other fights just gloss over this stuff as if it's unimportant because it takes subtlety as well as pure nerd-ish attention to detail.

Thanks, and I agree. I like how they showed thor as the clear superior of the two, but still kept it an even fight

No Hulk vs Loki? lol

Thor vs Iron Man IMO

Thor vs Iron Man for me as well.

Hulk vs Abomination

but Thor vs. Iron Man was a close second.

Thanks, and I agree. I like how they showed thor as the clear superior of the two, but still kept it an even fight

Yes, we need more stuff like this and less of crap like in the X-Men movies where being a mutant seems to automatically mean you can jump 20 ft. in the air regardless of what the comics or pre-existing plot points in the film say a character's powers are.

As far as fight scenes go, I think Hulk vs Abom is one of the best one-on-one large-scale smack-downs of any movie tbh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"