What's your worst fear regarding MOS?

That it will be the Prometheus of 2013. A June film that I am looking forward to that lets me down in every single way with the expection of the visuals. I wouldn't be happy with another TDKR either. I'm keeping my expectations in check though, I'm not hoping for a 10/10 but I am hoping for an 8 and maybe an 8.5/10.

mine is that they change to much, it's an adaptation I know, and they said their doing everything new and fresh (so to speak) so changes are to be expected, just please dont do a complete overhaul on the entire character and mythos

That it's a terrible, even mediocre film, and sets Superman back for 20 years. :(

Also that critics will hate it because of nostalgia. Also Hans Zimmer's theme. A bunch of people are going to complain about it.
The nostalgia thing will come into play, I'm sure. But I have slim to none nostalgia for Superman movies quite frankly. So I'm immune. People will definitely have views about the music too. But let them huff and puff, and let Zimmer be Zimmer. That's why he was hired. It's going to be completely different and should be judged accordingly. Doing something different instead of repeating the same old thing is going to reinvigorate the brand. Like the new suit.

If something doesn't work. If the Lois-Supes relationship doesn't work. If Cavill doesn't work. If the heavy tone with massive effects-driven plot doesn't work.

That Michael Shannon will be anything less than awesome as Zod. I've seen what he's capable of from clips of Boardwalk Empire and Take Shelter and want to see him go truly psychotic! I'd love to see him go as crazy on Supes as he's been on Boardwalk Empire! Can you imagine how awesome that would be?!

I'm not worried about Cavill's accent. Most of the movies he's been in have been directed by non-Americans, and MOS is his first big American movie, with a director who's so American that he uses "awesome" in every other sentence. :p So I think Snyder would've caught any of Cavill's accent slip-ups.

If something doesn't work. If the Lois-Supes relationship doesn't work. If Cavill doesn't work. If the heavy tone with massive effects-driven plot doesn't work.

You do know that's bound to happen, right? Something is definitely not going to work.

You do know that's bound to happen, right? Something is definitely not going to work.

Yeah but I hope it's something small and not entirely detrimental to the film.

The Bruce-Rachael relationship of Batman Begins didn't work, but it didn't negatively affect the whole of the film. However I think it would be different for Man of Steel as Superman-Lois is far more ingrained into the mythos and therefore needs to work. If the other examples I mention (Cavill and the tone of the movie) are broken, then the movie completely falls apart.

Yeah but I hope it's something small and not entirely detrimental to the film.

The Bruce-Rachael relationship of Batman Begins didn't work, but it didn't negatively affect the whole of the film. However I think it would be different for Man of Steel as Superman-Lois is far more ingrained into the mythos and therefore needs to work. If the other examples I mention (Cavill and the tone of the movie) are broken, then the movie completely falls apart.

Well that and it doesn't hurt that we have Amy Adams playing the female lead as opposed to Katie Holmes..lol

Well that and it doesn't hurt that we have Amy Adams playing the female lead as opposed to Katie Holmes..lol

Still it's a bit of a concern with those early screening reports saying that Amy Adams is the weakest part of the film.

Still it's a bit of a concern with those early screening reports saying that Amy Adams is the weakest part of the film.

What reports? The one that Poni posted? Since aside from the ones that he mentioned, which I still find dubious as well, the other ones haven't mentioned anything about Amy being the weakest link.

The reports didn't mention that Adams was the weakest part of the film. They said that the Lois/Clark/Superman relationship felt underdeveloped.

What reports? The one that Poni posted? Since aside from the ones that he mentioned, which I still find dubious as well, the other ones haven't mentioned anything about Amy being the weakest link.

The reports didn't mention that Adams was the weakest part of the film. They said that the Lois/Clark/Superman relationship felt underdeveloped.

Well that's a bit more encouraging. Still 'undeveloped' is a bit of a worry too. I don't want another Thor and Jane.

What about the one saying Cavill was simply 'ok' and 'replaceable'? Did it ever get debunked as a false account?

Well I dont mind them showing an attraction between the two, but I for one have had enough of the "can you read my mind" type of relationships between them on the big screen. give it a rest for at least one film anyway.

Even if it wasn't a false report, it's just an opinion.

Still like I said before us as fans will be the hardest to please because we will be taking into account the overall acceptance of the film as well. And if the consensus of a few dozen people seeing the early screening is that Cavill is 'replaceable' (or even if that is just the opinion of 1 person, multiply that by thousands when the film releases) it's definitely somewhat concerning.

Am I, or should we be worried based on that though? No. But we've literally got nothing else new to talk about here. So pre-screenings reports is worth consideration.

Well I dont mind them showing an attraction between the two, but I for one have had enough of the "can you read my mind" type of relationships between them on the big screen. give it a rest for at least one film anyway.

Agreed. It seems that we'll be getting a sort of camaraderie in this film between Clark and Lois, as if they will be each others confidants. But it's all gonna be fast-forwarded hollywood style into a full-blown romance within 130 minutes.

Still like I said before us as fans will be the hardest to please because we will be taking into account the overall acceptance of the film as well. And if the consensus of a few dozen people seeing the early screening is that Cavill is 'replaceable' (or even if that is just the opinion of 1 person, multiply that by thousands when the film releases) it's definitely somewhat concerning.

Am I, or should we be worried based on that though? No. But we've literally got nothing else new to talk about here. So pre-screenings reports is worth consideration.

Still, it was only 2 people who said it. We can't tell. I'm pretty sure that at least 2 people weren't crazy about Bale in a BB advance screening.

Still, it was only 2 people who said it. We can't tell. I'm pretty sure that at least 2 people weren't crazy about Bale in a BB advance screening.

2 out of let's say 20 people in that screening is a pretty concerning number statistically speaking. Assuming 10M see this movie applying those odds 1M will be iffy on Cavill. Now maybe those 2 people are outliers in that small sample. Maybe they were having a bad day and weren't excited at all that they got to see a 6 month early screening of a movie. Maybe. Hopefully anyways.

Anyways it's not worth worrying about. I'm just preparing myself for the worst considering I'm ready for this to become my favorite film. If it turns out it won't be, I want ample warning!

If you don't get that warning, don't go overboard with your disappointment, though. It would be unfair to you and to MoS.

I'm terribly worried they ditch his trunks
And that he doesn't have the s-curl
Or that Pa Kent implies Clark should put his secret ahead of lives
Or that Zod will be the villian again
Or that Clark won't wear glasses
Or that Clark doesn't lift anything very heavy (like a continent or island)
That they delay the release to 2013

Have I left anything out from snippets at the start of the MOS threads?

That Michael Shannon will be anything less than awesome as Zod. I've seen what he's capable of from clips of Boardwalk Empire and Take Shelter and want to see him go truly psychotic! I'd love to see him go as crazy on Supes as he's been on Boardwalk Empire! Can you imagine how awesome that would be?!

I'm not worried about Cavill's accent. Most of the movies he's been in have been directed by non-Americans, and MOS is his first big American movie, with a director who's so American that he uses "awesome" in every other sentence. :p So I think Snyder would've caught any of Cavill's accent slip-ups.

Just the other day, Michael Shannon talked about how he'd done some ADR for the movie. They could have easily gotten Cavill to do the same if there were any slip-ups. That, plus the fact that he had a dialect coach on set... if the accent sucks, it wouldn't even be his fault as much as the filmmakers'.

I actually don't have any worries about MoS.

Superman Returns gave fans many of the things they wants (John Williams' theme, red trunks, Donner pseudo-sequel, S hair curl, etc) and the movie fell flat.

I don't know specifically what I want from a new version of Superman, but I know that I'm ready for a fresh interpretation of the character, even if that means losing some of the aspects I've always liked. Change is good.

I actually don't have any worries about MoS.

Superman Returns gave fans many of the things they wants (John Williams' theme, red trunks, Donner pseudo-sequel, S hair curl, etc) and the movie fell flat.

I don't know specifically what I want from a new version of Superman, but I know that I'm ready for a fresh interpretation of the character, even if that means losing some of the aspects I've always liked. Change is good.

Good post :up: and welcome to the hype

I fear another boring film with uninteresting/overused characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"