Where do you stand on politics?

I personally label myself a Realistic-Libertarian-Republican.

For example - I believe very strongly in a Libertarian system, but I am not going throw my vote away for a Libertarian candidate. I want to see the GOP move in that direction though - were its roots are.
Agreed.

I put down republican, but in all honesty I am more of a "half conservative, half libertarian" kinda guy...

Parties get nothing done, except self-image, making elections a war for narcissim, and throw mud in the middle of it all.

If you believe in smaller government you're basically handing over our society to big business. You're not a libertarian, you are a tool for fascists.

A key tenant of fascism is a belief in the uncompromising authority of the state.

If you're a fiscal libertarian you have to choose a master regardless. A democratic government or an unregulated oligarchy.

Between a monopoly of power and an oligarchy, I'll take the oligarchy. I want neither one and I am not so adamant in my ideology to believe that a libertarian utopia is any less a utopia, but putting your faith in the government only works if the government is in your favor and when you start saying that you know what is best for somebody else you have to admit that the same can be said of you.

Speaking of registering, I remember when I was doing a voter registration table, the girl right next to me kept on telling people to register Republican. It kinda annoyed the hell out of me.

Did anyone pressure you to sign up for a party?

I was also pressured to register as a Republican. I live in a conservative area, so I half expected it. It has pretty much stayed that way too. Everytime that I go to vote, the election workers always assume I want the Republican ballot (despite not being registered as a Republican.) When I tell them that I don't want that ballot they usually scoff or snicker. It's incredibly annoying and really ticks me off, to be honest.

I was also pressured to register as a Republican. I live in a conservative area, so I half expected it. It has pretty much stayed that way too. Everytime that I go to vote, the election workers always assume I want the Republican ballot (despite not being registered as a Republican.) When I tell them that I don't want that ballot they usually scoff or snicker. It's incredibly annoying and really ticks me off, to be honest.

They're Ohioans. They're supposed to be incredibly annoying. :confused:

This is my graph.

The correct nomenclature is Michigander

That may be true Add, but adding the "ite" on the end furthers the argument that the good people of Michigan are the crazies! :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"