Which Cast is Better?

I will ignore what the end result was, and just go with how I felt prior to the film being released. It is only fair because this film isn't out yet.

So going by what I thought when the casts were announced, I have the exact opposite feeling as the first film. In that one, I liked the cast aside from Sue Storm. In this one, Sue is the only one I like on first impression.

Since 3 > 1, I went with Story's.

That's exactly how I feel, the one they get closest to being right with Frank's film is the one that was miscast in Tim Story's films.

I liked the cast in the Tim Story movies for the most and while I am not a fan of her casting, I didn't mind Alba that much while I was watching the movie.

I liked the first FF film. While not perfect, it's much better than people give it credit for. The second one was okay but very underdeveloped - other than that I enjoyed it for what it was, it was cool to see the Surfer, he was one of the better things about the movie, but it just could have been developed better.

I also liked Julian McMahon as Dr Doom. I thought the first movie was a lot of fun. Despite any criticisms I have, I always smile while watching it.

Story is better, but the movie will most likely be as awful as the last 2 FF movies. I'll be skipping this movie for sure.

Story is better, but the movie will most likely be as awful as the last 2 FF movies. I'll be skipping this movie for sure.

How so?

None of the original makers of those films are making this.

The only barometer for quality would be measuring the quality of the last movie from the Director and the last superhero movie produced by the studio.

The only barometer for quality would be measuring the quality of the last movie from the Director and the last superhero movie produced by the studio.

I think a much better standard is the body of work of both the director and studio - not just their last films.

If you're going to force me to judge by the last film, then I'm not going to like this film because I didn't like The Wolverine.

I think a much better standard is the body of work of both the director and studio - not just their last films.

If you're going to force me to judge by the last film, then I'm not going to like this film because I didn't like The Wolverine.

So I'm gonna love this movie, because I loved The Wolverine. :awesome:

The Extended Cut improves on the third act by quite a bit.

To be honest, I couldn't tell you much about the third act. My wife bought it for me for Valentine's day and we watched it over the weekend.

By the third act I had literally fallen asleep.:o

. . . but that gives you some idea of how well the first two acts worked for me. To each his own. It may just be a sign of my bad taste and I'd never claim to be the the final word regarding the quality of a film, but that one did nothing for me.

This thread is truly premature. You really can't say anyone is miscast until we see the final product.

This thread is truly premature. You really can't say anyone is miscast until we see the final product.

By that logic, isn't the whole forum premature? All we're doing is BSing and we've been doing that since before we knew anything.

We know who the Fantastic Four are, so I think it's a simple and reasonable question to ask which set of actors are more appropriate to play those established characters.

Bought it but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

I liked the extended cut, especially the opening sequence. I loved John Ottman's soundtrack for the movie. That title sequence should've been in the movie. Ottman's score was one of the best things about the movie.

While it is hard to compare the two since the newbies havent even shot any promotional material, I like the first cast of actors more. The only big thing about Albas Sue were the ridiculous looking eyes, but hey at least they tried to stay true to character.

Depends on what "better" means.

In terms of being faithful to the comic book visually, Story's cast.

In terms of actual acting talent though, Trank's cast has Story's beat.

Never thought I'd be looking back at Story's FF favorably...:csad:

Well, Story's cast had 1 great actor. Trank's cast has 4. Hm.

Last edited:
Imagine for a moment there had been no advance notice and we were told: Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller will be playing the three male leads in FF.

Could any of us have even guessed which actor would be playing which part? I think that tells us something about the appropriateness of these actors for these roles.

These are three very distinct, very defined characters, but not from the point of view of this production. From Fox's point of view they're just three interchangable twenty-something male leads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"