Which Cast is Better?

Imagine for a moment there had been no advance notice and we were told: Jamie Bell, Michael B. Jordan and Miles Teller will be playing the three male leads in FF.

Could any of us have even guessed which actor would be playing which part? I think that tells us something about the appropriateness of these actors for these roles.

These are three very distinct, very defined characters, but not from the point of view of this production. From Fox's point of view they're just three interchangable twenty-something male leads.

You put this so well! If you take out the obvious of Sue being the only female character, if you put pictures of Gruffudd, Evans and Chiklis out it's obvious which one would play which part.

This is probably the weakest casting job I've ever seen on a film. Forget the race thing, when you cast an actor for a well known role, you have to say to yourself "yeah I can see that".

I'm not seeing how these three male leads are remotely "interchangeable".

I'm not seeing how these three male leads are remotely "interchangeable".

Like this:

MBJ - Reed Richards
Miles Teller - Ben Grimm
Jamie Bell - Johnny Storm

Not a great cast, but a better cast than we currently have.

Mole Man, Doctor Doom, Puppet Master, Namor, Alicia, The Watcher, Red Ghost, Mad Thinker, etc.

We have a lot of fan casting left to do.

Or:

MBJ - Reed Richards
Jamie Bell - Ben Grimm
Miles Teller - Johnny Storm

Still better than the current cast.

Or

Miles Teller - Reed Richards
MBJ - Ben Grimm

Amazing, how interchangable they are, isn't it? I think every one of these three alternates would be better than we have now.

Last edited:
It's too early to say which one is better, wait at least for the trailer.

oooh lemme try!

Jamie Bell - Reed Richards
MBJ - Ben Grimm
Miles Teller - unaffiliated with this film

Well, you can't have everything.

The reboot of this franchise could be the greatest thing ever.

But I can't deny that Tim Story's cast look the part of the Fantastic Four, way more than these 4 newly hired actors. And I can't stand how unattractive (physically) Miles Teller is.

The Tim Story cast easily. Evans and Chiklis were PERFECT for the roles pretty much. And Reed and Sue weren't bad either

The reboot of this franchise could be the greatest thing ever.

But I can't deny that Tim Story's cast look the part of the Fantastic Four, way more than these 4 newly hired actors. And I can't stand how unattractive (physically) Miles Teller is.

Well, he is playing an awkward nerd with a massive ego, so you could argue that an unattractive face would be perfect for that.

I never really had a problem with Story's cast.Alba was somewhat miscast,but she did well enough.

The Tim Story cast ? Jessica Alba was miscast.

Julian Mac Mahon and ioan gruffudd were interesting choices. But the way their character were written and directed was atrocious (expecially for Doom. "Marco... Polo ?")

Chiklis and Evans were great.

The Trank one ? Well, now Johnny (or seems) older than Reed. Reed look like a teen nerd, which isn't good at all. Johnny and his sister look nothing alike. Looks like a total miscast.

So I go with the Story cast

Well,it's novel to see a poll result on the hype that actually makes sense.

Of course,I'm sure when the film comes out we'll have the usual mass gushing *OMG Trank is a genius!!!* regardless.

Or:

MBJ - Reed Richards
Jamie Bell - Ben Grimm

Or

MBJ - Ben Grimm

Amazing, how interchangable they are, isn't it? I think every one of these three alternates would be better than we have now.

:up: This.

I don't really want to vote until I actually see the movie. If we are talking only the "visuals" then Story's cast hands down....but, overall, I won't know that until I see the movie.

Or:

MBJ - Reed Richards
Jamie Bell - Ben Grimm

Or

MBJ - Ben Grimm

If I hear the names without knowing the role they are cast for, I would say "Bell for Johnny", "MBJ as the thing", and Teller.... well, as a very badly cast Mister Fantastic (It's really him who doesn't fit anywhere, in fact ^^)

Neither cast is right.

As of this moment, I would have to go with this....

As far as the first movie--

Johnny -- too old
Sue -- I like Jessica Alba, but I was shocked she was chosen for this role, she looked the part but just didn't pull it off (wasn't written as the maternal strength of the 4 and didn't act like it)
Ben -- I was fine with Chiklis until the commentary on the first film, so it wasn't him in the part, it was his whining during the commentary that turned me off. But he was fine for the part.
Reed -- looked the part, but they really screwed him up with the last minute faxed changes to the script...tough time with the timing, and emotion because he had to quickly relearn new lines at a moments notice and it was hard for him to get the accent down.

As far as this new cast...

I am sure they are great actors, all of them...
But they have a major strike against them....and I think Willie brought up the best point I have read throughout this entire debate...

With the 3 guys that are cast, if we didn't already know who they were going to play, could we figure it out. I'm sorry, but I would greatly question anyone that said yes they could....

Well, he is playing an awkward nerd with a massive ego, so you could argue that an unattractive face would be perfect for that.

Is this the way the Ultimate Reed is written 'cause it sure isn't the Stan & Jack Reed Richards.

Story's cast, based on their apparent ages alone. The new cast look too young for what I prefer the FF to be.

I voted on the Story's cast as well. I still hope that they put white make-up on Michael B. Jordan just like they put blue eyes and blond hair on a latina, because that works, right?

Story's cast

sure, Alba was the weakest link but everyone else played their roles perfectly

aside from Kate Mara, the new cast is a joke

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back