Which Flash should be used in Cinematic version

There's absolutely no reason not to use both Barry Allen and Wally West in the franchise.

With a role for Jay Garrick besides.

There's absolutely no reason not to use both Barry Allen and Wally West in the franchise.

With a role for Jay Garrick besides.

Was talking about the Lead character.Which Flash should be the Lead Flash.
In JL TAS it was Wally for example

Any's fine by me.

Though Miller really does remind me of this guy:

char_100_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
If I was the one doing it, I would want to use Wally.

Why does this thread exist?

Miller is confirmed to play Barry.

The newsguys just assumed it would be Barry Allen.The official release says nothing about it

It should be Barry.

It's the beginning of the Justice League and the overall universe that the DCCU is trying to set up. Barry is the precedent for what the modern Flash legacy has become. His origin can stand on it's own unlike Wally and Bart (whose origins both rely on Barry in one way or another). Plus, he's played a central role in the biggest events of the DC Universe...

Founded the Justice League, generated and powered the Speed Force, discovered the multiverse, saving the multiverse in the first Crisis, outran death and helped end the Final Crisis (alongside Wally to be fair), and made great personal sacrifice to reconstitute reality even if his mistake caused it to fall out of whack. He didn't have to try to fix the problem his attempt to save his mother caused, but he took responsibility and did what he had to even if it caused him the pain of loss.

I wouldn't boycott the movie or anything if it's a different Flash, but I would definitely be very disappointed.

However, I'd rather it be Wally than Bart. Bart is such an outlandish choice, I don't understand why people are suggesting it. He's a great character that I actually like better than Wally in some ways, but he shouldn't be the Flash right out of the gate. And if Wally is the one that they go with, Kyle had better be the Green Lantern.

Miller strikes me as a bit of Bart and Wally, but I think he's going to be Barry.

It should and will be Barry.

Miller strikes me as a bit of Bart and Wally, but I think he's going to be Barry.

I'm curious as to where people are drawing these impressions of similarity? Maybe he's got a little bit of JLU Wally and Bart in his later Impulse days, but overall I don't see the resemblance to their comic representations.

I'm fairly certain it will be Barry. They need to sell this character as clearly and as simply to the general audience. They cannot simply dump 40 odd years of comic book history down a movie going audience from Austin, Texas to Beijing, China. The default is to use one alter ego and for the Flash it's Barry Allen.

I'm fairly certain it will be Barry. They need to sell this character as clearly and as simply to the general audience. They cannot simply dump 40 odd years of comic book history down a movie going audience from Austin, Texas to Beijing, China. The default is to use one alter ego and for the Flash it's Barry Allen.

The fact that the only Flash in the last 4 years to appear in comics, cartoons, live action TV, animated movies, merchandising and video games is Barry Allen is also pretty much a dead giveaway.

I don't think there's any doubt it will be Barry, and it should be, given the current direction of the rest of the Flash franchise. It wouldn't make sense to use Barry in the comics, video games, animated movies, live action TV series, and animated TVs series and then turn around and use Bart in the live action movie.

Not to mention it's a JL origin story, and Barry was a founding member of the JL. They'll probably use Hal for the same reasons as they're going to use Barry, and it works even better because of their historical association with each other (also allows for some interesting stories if they ever decided to add Green Arrow).

There's no reason they couldn't introduce Wally or Bart as Kid Flash/Impulse in a later movie (a Flash sequel, or a Titans/YJ movie if the DC Movie Universe gets that far).

As for my favorite Flashes:
Barry > Wally > Jay > Bart

But I like them all, and I'd go see a movie about any or all of them. But for this particular film universe Barry makes the most sense.

Using Wally might make sense if they want to make it different from the TV version, but they won't

I don't understand how using a different Flash in the movies as opposed to the TV show is supposed to be less confusing to the general audience.

If anything, it'd introduce more confusion if people who are just beginning to discover the character see the movie and go "wait, I thought his name was Barry Allen? I could have sworn they said it 100 times at the beginnings of each episode. Why is he named Wally/Bart now?"

Difference may be nice for us fans who can process the differences, but throwing a different character or a different name on a character who uses the same superhero identity would throw too many people for a loop.

Most people don't know that there's more than one Robin. A newly emerging household name of a superhero would be much more catastrophic.

Multiverse. Two Barry Allen's. Miller needs to do a cameo in a FLASH OF TWO WORLS story on the CW show to establish this, then the whole multiple versions thing can be clear and we can all move on.

Its going to be and deservedly should be Barry. First big screen adaption of the character should go to Barry, no question.

It's going to be Barry Allen, but might have a mix of personality traits from all of them.

It makes more sense for it to be Barry Allen. He's the focal point of the Flash mythos, even when you look at the history of the character.

That way the Flash legacy can be explored looking back (Garrick) and looking forward (Wally and Bart).

Last edited:
It should clearly be Barry, if you just look at Wally's origin, it's completely reliant on Barry's existence. Just like the other Green Lantern's origins all depend on Hal Jordan's existence.

Hal and Barry are the clear answers when you actually look at the comic book storylines to see what would work best for film

Wally, John, Kyle, and Guy should all be introduced after Barry and Hal respectively

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"