Which Mask for Cobra Commander

gkokujin

Sidekick
Reaction score
In light of the new movie news, which do you think they should go with and why?

Going with the Hood. I love the faceplate but I don't think it would be taken as seriously. Now if they can find some non-cheesy way to use both, i'd be all for that though.

Reflective faceplate, with the uniform he would wear if he were wearing the hood.

Fullview_COBRA_COMMANDER.png

nuff said

use both.. in battle he can wear the face plate.. otherwise, just have the mask.. I think they'll have to go with an unknown or a moderate-known, since any "superstar" is going to want to show their face..

My dream pick: Willem Dafoe

Both. Blue hood in most non-dangerous situations, and reflective helmet during a combat scene.

I like both. The reflective face is creepy, and makes you wonder just how the bad place he can see in that thing, and the hood/shroud is just cool.
I hope they can get someone like Hugo Weaving to play him.

I hope they can get someone like Hugo Weaving to play him.

I dunno, I have a hard time seeing someone as ingrained at playing competent characters as Weaving is portray a relative schmuck like Cobra Commander.

On topic, I vote the hood. They tried doing the 'combined helmet/hood' thing in Sigma 6, and the result looked didn't look that good, IMO. As nice as the helmet/faceplate is, it's too Vaderesque.

I dunno, I have a hard time seeing someone as ingrained at playing competent characters as Weaving is portray a relative schmuck like Cobra Commander.

On topic, I vote the hood. They tried doing the 'combined helmet/hood' thing in Sigma 6, and the result looked didn't look that good, IMO. As nice as the helmet/faceplate is, it's too Vaderesque.

in the comic he is not a schmuck. He's a competent and ruthless leader. In the show, yeah he is a complete dufus. I'm hoping they base him more on the comic version. He had a better origin that way too.

i dont think we will be seeing a blue hood but they should go with it .

use both.. in battle he can wear the face plate.. otherwise, just have the mask.. I think they'll have to go with an unknown or a moderate-known, since any "superstar" is going to want to show their face..

My dream pick: Willem Dafoe
Exactly.

He needs both. The hood would be fitting for a sinister effect making him a realistic character but a battle send would call for the faceplate. They could spruce the helmet a little but too much to keep to the original charcter

My favorite is the face plate, my second favorite it he armored mask.

And yes he's used both in the comics. Some issues he'll switch to the hood, some the reflective mask. Even under his face plate helmet he wears another hood or mask.

I'd hope that they allow him to use both. The battle mask is too cool not to be used, but you've got to have the hood as well, it's classic.

cobracommander2zw2.jpg

Yes, he could wear the hood through some scenes, and in the action sequences he could put on the face plate helmet/mask. Or when he's commanding the troops.

One thing I have to ask. What are the odds of CC actually being called Cobra Commander in the movie?

These movies have a way of downplaying these types of names. Save for the Transformers, the autobots and decepticons did have their names.

They could call him "The Commander" during spoken dialogue. Cobra Commander can be his official title.

he should wear each and every style and not have a single definitive looks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"