Just read the Official Movie Adaption Graphic Novel, wish I didn't....

I don't think you read it very closely at all, or you'd know exactly where Duke knows The Doctor from. It isn't childhood. And it's no random shot of The President.

Per the script, that's Destro

How do
Duke and The Doctor know each other?

In the script, Doctor/CC/Rex is a former soldier and friend of Duke's. Duke was engaged Baroness who is Rex's sister.

In the script, Doctor/CC/Rex is a former soldier and friend of Duke's. Duke was engaged Baroness who is Rex's sister.

Meaning the Baroness is American- the siblings' names are Ana and Rex Lewis. She marries the French Baron DeCobray to get the Baroness title. Seriously, people, making the Baroness European (preferably Czech) is the easiest thing in the world to get right.:whatever:

Personally, I would love to see Wayans' reaction in interviews if they cut the kiss- I can see it happening because I can't imagine them having good chemistry. You know if it did Wayans would play the race card in interviews.

I don't think you read it very closely at all, or you'd know exactly where Duke knows The Doctor from. It isn't childhood. And it's no random shot of The President.

Per the script, that's Destro

No...
Zartan.

Personally, I would love to see Wayans' reaction in interviews if they cut the kiss- I can see it happening because I can't imagine them having good chemistry. You know if it did Wayans would play the race card in interviews.

That would actually be the time to play the card, as there have been way too many instances in flicks where kisses have been cut or completely avoided when dude is black and the chick is white.

That would actually be the time to play the card, as there have been way too many instances in flicks where kisses have been cut or completely avoided when dude is black and the chick is white.
terry78, there are more instances now where Hollywood will refuse to pair up a black star with another black star because then it would be too black for mainstream audiences.

Its not a valid complaint. Its not a canon pairing. Ripcord is a terrible character in this movie, and they paired up these two because they weren't creative enough to make Snake Eyes/Scarlett work. So they are faked out the audience by saying at conventions that there are TWO LOVE TRIANGLES.

Hancock cut out the kiss scene between Smith and Theron. Why? Because they did.

Zartan.

Yes, yes.
Zartan.

Something I thought I would never say about this film...

This actually looks... GREAT!

I mean wow... the back stories are pretty much what's in the comics...

I am halfway through the comic adaptation which is at Borders as well. It has humor, but it's not as full of it as TF is, if the book is an indication. Ripcord cracks jokes, but mostly it's to impress Scarlett...when he's in the field, he's competent. It actually gets pretty gory a few times for a PG-13 flick.

I was planning on seeing this film just from watching the trailers since I never got into the comics and only grew up with the cartoon and figures.

I have to say after reading all of your posts with descriptions about the film I'm actuall a bit excited for this movie. I think it's because I was never expecting greatness out of it and I think it will be a fun time.

I don't think I have any expectations. Just looking for a good action flick I guess. Joe was my older brothers' generation, not so much my own.

Sidenote: Greatest avatar of all time Figs.

I don't think I have any expectations. Just looking for a good action flick I guess. Joe was my older brothers' generation, not so much my own.

Sidenote: Greatest avatar of all time Figs.

Thanks! :)I also don't want to get my hopes up about what people are saying is in the novelization regarding CC putting on what sounds like his traditional mask. Things differ all the time with novelizations and the films they're based on.

Someone seriously needs to post that blue CC mask pic. I'm dying to know what it looks like.

Novelizations change things...but rarely do they change THAT much. This script has been mostly set in stone from its initial drafts. The only novelization I can think of that had massive differences to the movie was X2, and that's because it was used to keep the ending of the movie secret, as were the scripts.

If the novelization says blue mask, there may well be a blue mask.

terry78, there are more instances now where Hollywood will refuse to pair up a black star with another black star because then it would be too black for mainstream audiences.

Off the subject of GI Joe, I'm going to have to call BS on that. When's the last time you saw a heavily advertised movie with a white/black pairing where the race wasn't the main thrust of the plot? Even Will Smith has said that studios have problems doing that, and that casting a Latina love interest in Hitch was a compromise:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7019342/

I am halfway through the comic adaptation which is at Borders as well. It has humor, but it's not as full of it as TF is, if the book is an indication. Ripcord cracks jokes, but mostly it's to impress Scarlett...when he's in the field, he's competent. It actually gets pretty gory a few times for a PG-13 flick.

I don't like the whole Ripcord & Scarlett relationship thing...I hope it won't happen. If Scarlett is going to hook up with someone, it should be with Snakeyes and Duke, like in the cartoon & comics.

I don't like the whole Ripcord & Scarlett relationship thing...I hope it won't happen. If Scarlett is going to hook up with someone, it should be with Snakeyes and Duke, like in the cartoon & comics.

An MFM three way? In GI Joe!? :wow:

Anyway, I wouldn't have minded a love triangle between Scartlett, Duke, and Snake Eyes, but Ripcord just seems out of left field. Also, if Duke and Snake Eyes were having a romantic rivalry for Scarlett, I'd really hope they wouldn't take the dumb way out and go with Duke, because that pissed me off in Resolute where she pretty much openly declairs that she wants to be with Duke or no-one at all. Snake Eyes pretty much got screwed over, just like he always seems to outside the comics. It'll probably happen in the movie too, but at least there's the possibility of it being rectified in the sequels.

If Storm Shadow dies then who will Snake Eyes fight in the sequel? LOL! sequel yeah right.

It could haves that whole Cyclops/Wolverine/Jean dynamic.

If Storm Shadow dies then who will Snake Eyes fight in the sequel? LOL! sequel yeah right.

Seriously, I think Firefly could be set up as SE's opponent. A sequel seems highly unlikely at this juncture, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Novelizations change things...but rarely do they change THAT much. This script has been mostly set in stone from its initial drafts. The only novelization I can think of that had massive differences to the movie was X2, and that's because it was used to keep the ending of the movie secret, as were the scripts.

If the novelization says blue mask, there may well be a blue mask.

I have both the novelization and the comic adaptation. In the novelization, it describes the mask being red and black. In the comic adaptation, the mask is blue, so who knows. But the mask in the comic adaptation (as far as the look, not color) looks just like that image of the CC toy that was leaked a few months back so CC's helmet does have like a "Jason X" look to it like everyone has said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"