Just read the Official Movie Adaption Graphic Novel, wish I didn't....

areeves2391

Civilian
Reaction score
Well, this saved me $12 on a movie ticket. I'm still wondering how this didn't go straight to DVD..

What happens:

-Wayans has a crush on Scarlett, she winds up kissing him
-Storm Shadow gets killed by Snake Eyes
-Baroness is Cobra Commander's(The Doctor) sister
-Baroness likes to kiss everyone she sees
-Cobra Commander(The Doctor) kills Zartan
-Cobra Commander(The Doctor) possesses his soldiers with nanomites to control them, and can kill them if captured
-Destro burns his face, Cobra Commander applies the metal mas, much to Destro's chagrin.
-Final shot of The Doctor is him telling Destro to call him "Commander", while he dons a blue mask
-Destro is of Scottish ancestry, and apparently one of his ancestors is tried for treason and is forced to wear a metal mask for punishment..

Can't make this stuff up folks.

Some of that is right out of the comics and show.

Well, this saved me $12 on a movie ticket. I'm still wondering how this didn't go straight to DVD..

What happens:

-Final shot of The Doctor is him telling Destro to call him "Commander", while he dons a blue mask
-Destro is of Scottish ancestry, and apparently one of his ancestors is tried for treason and is forced to wear a metal mask for punishment..

1. Somebody dies in a sword fight?! holy hell, I never saw taht coming.

2. Cobra Commander tells Destro to call him Commader. You're right, that's ******ed.

3. Read the comics. That's EXACTLY his origin and family history. But I guess you thought he was black and bald likea lot of cartoon fans, huh? And here I always felt that saying they need to cast a bald actor as Destro is probably one fo the dumbest things a Joe fan can say. This tops that.

If your list was more of a stream of consciousness things rather than simply complaints, fine. But since it seems to be a list of complaints, I have to point out what I thought were the stupid ones.

I haven't been keeping up with the production of this movie at all aside from CC, so what did the mask look like on the page?

I'm assuming he removes the clear one?

Whoa whoa whoa. Snake Eyes KILLS Storm Shadow? WTF man?! And CC kills Zartan?!

CC dons a blue mask? Are you sure it's a BLUE mask and not the Jason X one? (even though I like it)

Maybe there IS hope yet. Or maybe it was just something that was in the novel and not in the movie.

It's hardly just "Ripcord has a crush on Scarlett, she kisses him". It's not remotely that simple.

He's also distilling the nature of the Baroness. She used to be with Duke, and still has feelings for him, and she's posing as Baron DeCobray's wife, so naturally she kisses him. And he likes to mess with Destro's feelings, just like in the comics.

If Cobra Commander puts on a blue mask, I'm pretty sure people will be happy, not pissed off.

By the way, per the script, Cobra Commander doesn't kill Zartan.

He uses nanotech on him to radically alter his appearance, giving him his appearance altering power.

Last edited:

What happens:

-Wayans has a crush on Scarlett, she winds up kissing him
-Baroness is Cobra Commander's(The Doctor) sister
-Baroness likes to kiss everyone she sees
-Cobra Commander(The Doctor) kills Zartan
-Cobra Commander(The Doctor) possesses his soldiers with nanomites to control them, and can kill them if captured
-Destro burns his face, Cobra Commander applies the metal mas, much to Destro's chagrin.

Storm Shadow dies? EFFEN BULLSH**!!! :cmad:

Well, guess you saved me some money, I always said if SS died, I'd up and walk out of the theater, guess I don't have to go now.

Storm Shadow dies? EFFEN BULLSH**!!! :cmad:

Well, guess you saved me some money, I always said if SS died, I'd up and walk out of the theater, guess I don't have to go now.

Storm Shadow was also killed by Snake Eyes in G.I. JOE RESOLUTE (one of the few things that I didn't like about that series/movie).

It's a pretty open ended death, at least per the script.

If they bring Storm Shadow back I hope it's not until near the end of the second movie, at the earliest. At the latest, it should be in the third film.

Whoa whoa whoa. Snake Eyes KILLS Storm Shadow? WTF man?! And CC kills Zartan?!

CC dons a blue mask? Are you sure it's a BLUE mask and not the Jason X one? (even though I like it)

The novel didn't show Snake Eyes actually KILLING him, but they are having a sword fight, and the next thing you see after a couple of other panels is Snake Eyes looking down, and Storm Shadow floating in a pool of blood and water behind him, face down.

Yes, it was a Blue Mask for CC, not THE blue mask, but A blue mask.

And, yes, I'm pretty sure CC killed Zartan.

Storm Shadow'll be back. They wouldn't kill him off like that so soon. He'll probably be back as a good guy next time around. And are there any pics/panels of CC's blue mask? What does it look like?

Storm Shadow'll be back. They wouldn't kill him off like that so soon. He'll probably be back as a good guy next time around. And are there any pics/panels of CC's blue mask? What does it look like?

It looks like Destro's helmet, except blue, and it has eye cutouts, so you can see CC's eyes and a little bit of skin around it, similiar to how Dr.Doom's eyes look like in his mask.

Better than the clear mask I guess...

Guys, I want you to remember that what is in the Graphic Novel adaption is not always what will be in the final film version.

For instance:
The Transformers 2 graphic novel's final panels had Megatron back in the Decepticon lair building his army for Transformers 3, promising his revenge.

That wasn't in the film.

Can you post a pic of it? And does it look like the neo-viper helmets? I recall a long time ago there was a pic of a helmet that everybody thought was CC's helmet, but ended up looking like the viper helmets. Does it look like that?

I LOL'd way too hard at the gripe about Destro being a Scot. Lordy.

"How dare they stick as close to the comics as possible! Those bastards!"

If only that were the case, than this movie wouldn't look so terrible.

Yeah, I didn't know Destro's comic book origin....grew up with the toys and cartoon....I just remember Destro as a badass.

Anyways, I re-read the adaption today, and realized a couple errors from my original report:

-CC DOES NOT kill Zartan, he injects him with nanobots, and tells him that he is going to make him the most powerful man in the world, or something, Zartan then undergoes a horrible, painful, transformation that makes Destro cringe.

-Snake Eyes is actually standing over the floating, bloodied Storm Shadow, with blood on his sword.

And, to add a couple things:

-Duke is taken prisoner by Cobra, where Baroness proceeds to try to free him after kissing him, but CC intervenes, takes his doctor mask off(revealing his face) :bh:, turns out that Duke knows him somehow, maybe from childhood, Duke knows Baroness is CC's sister, and on the verge of CC killing Baroness, Destro takes a flamethrower to disrupt the proceedings, Duke fires a shot, which hits the flamethrower, burns Destro's face, and then Duke escapes, with Baroness, "saving her" :huh:

-Last shots: CC in his blue mask telling Destro to call him Commander, Baroness in G.I.Joe captivity, and some random shot of a white President congratulating the Joes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"