The Dark Knight Rises Which movie in the trilogy had the BEST ENDING?

The Dark Knight Rises for me.

When I first saw it it felt just like a series of quick cuts and too rushed to feel anything. The second it was beyond perfect (I liked Blake so that may have helped). The characters all got their endings (Gordon's in particular was freakin wondeful) and the cafe scene was lovely. I loved Blake rising up however it is kind of bittersweet as you know it's unlikely anything will come from it. The music... acting, cinematography. They did not put one step wrong. And Bruce having his happy ending is just... :hrt:

mehhh this isnt twilight :doh::oldrazz:

so I'm still confused. What's the consensus on TDKR's ending? Did Bruce die or not?

I plan on watching it again but prob not at the theater. Maybe when it comes out to DVD.... when might that be?

It was all a dream. Turns out he was actually Freddy Simmons.

so I'm still confused. What's the consensus on TDKR's ending? Did Bruce die or not?

I plan on watching it again but prob not at the theater. Maybe when it comes out to DVD.... when might that be?

Well he is at the cafe.... so... it's obvious he survives :huh:

Yeah well during that scene, I was under the impression that it was just Alfred imagining it. Earlier in the film, Alfred tells Bruce that when he was away for 7 years, he often went to that cafe and 'daydreamed' about seeing bruce there with a wife.

Yeah well during that scene, I was under the impression that it was just Alfred imagining it. Earlier in the film, Alfred tells Bruce that when he was away for 7 years, he often went to that cafe and 'daydreamed' about seeing bruce there with a wife.

He never said "daydreamed" just that he hoped for it to happen. Bruce survived. This is not Inception.

The Dark Knight had the best ending followed by TDKR and BB.

TDK Batman taking the blame for Dent's murders and speech about people deserve more and sometimes truth isn't good enough and plus Gordon's speech at the end with Batman running way from GCPD. Powerful stuff.

Last edited:
I'll pretty much always prefer the ending to BATMAN BEGINS. The scene with Bruce, Alfred and Rachel at Wayne Manor and the subsequent scene with Batman and Gordon gets to the heart of Batman's impact on Bruce Wayne and Batman's impact on Gotham, for better and for worse, better than any of the others did, there's the great Joker sequel sting, and the wonderful exchange between Batman and Gordon before Batman, looking the best he has the entire franchise, jumps off the roof into the night.

I find the ending of TDK to be really forced and out of character, and Gordon's speech to be kind of overwrought and melodramatic and redundant. That, and Bale has a couple of cringeworthy moments when he confuses "in pain" for "sleepy". And TDKR, while being a fairly satisfying ending, relies on another story for its dialogue impact, in terms of Tale of Two Cities, and felt kind of tacked on in general. It just doesn't have as much thematic relevance to Batman's mythology.

Last edited:
BEGINS got me excited
TDK gave me goosebumps
RISES had me bitter sweet

Hard to choose, three completely different feelings.

The more i watch TDKR, the less i like it.

TDK's ending was epic!

The Dark Knight Rises.

The Dark Knight.

Batman Begins.

They all give me goosebumps, but the feeling I felt the first time seeing TDK ending is incomparable. It was just so powerful and left field.

TBH, I (and plenty of others) somewhat predicted the ending for TDKR so a little of that rose was off the bloom ahead of time. I was expecting it the whole movie.

BB ending is better in hindsight then it was initially simply because we now know what he's going to be up against with Heath's Joker. But once again, full disclosure, I read the leaked script (with good goddamn reason too, don't judge me, we ALL were nervous after B&R, and plenty of others read it) so that whole film was sort of spoiled, and it's also basically the same ending as Year One. So just as in TDKR, at least for me, it wasn't entirely unexpected like TDK was.

I think each film had a strong ending that pertained to its own themes. On the whole, TDKR is a GREAT ending to the mythology that started in Batman Begins so I'm naturally inclined to give TDKR the vote on this.

But does that mean the others aren't great? No. Not at all. For me the Nolan films have done so much to the genre that it's really self-contained as a superhero saga on its own. I've been talking about putting those ideas down on paper for a while now and thanks to the Justice Bulletin it's being put up, finally! I'd appreciate if you guys gave it a read and let me know if you agree (or not). But, honestly, with something like a heroic epic, Nolan's taken the path of the great Greek tragedians in my book. You can learn and love so much about the character from this trilogy it's just great. After watching the third and going back to re-watching the entire trilogy I really got a sense of how I grew up and how my own personal views developed thanks to Batman and in aprticular to this iteration of Batman.

Here's that link. It's the same as the one on my sig. Parts 1 and 2 are currently up for Batman Begins... It's longer, I mean Begins alone extends to 7 parts but y'know what? It's been worth writing them.

I would say TDK because my fav scene in the movie was the end. It leaves you saying Wow. Batman limping off and barely eluding both dogs and cops. And it always get me when Gordon says "because he can take it..." Then you see him cruising away on the off ramp, cape billowing in the light. Beautifully done.

TDKR follows because its crafty in the way it gives a sense of relief: Bruce made it.

I like BB ending too, although I never got so worked up over the Joker reveal like others did. But when Batman says "and you never have to", such a simple line but clearly indicates how much Bruce looks up to Gordon ever since he was the little scared boy in the police station

Last edited:
Its so hard for me to choose but tdkrs ending gets to me because i know nothing more will come of it :(

The Dark Knight has the best ending of any comic book movie for me, Batman or not. It is astoundingly good.

Begins is a good ending, but it's more of a promise to the fans.

TDKR has a good ending too, but it's a little overstuffed. Too much too quickly. I love the cafe moment, Lucius' moment, but not so keen on the Robin part.

It's been confirmed by JGL that Bruce is alive. The movie itself makes this obvious, as does the script and the official novel. Oh, and speaking of the official novel, Greg Cox has also confirmed that Bruce is alive.

TDK
BB (very close with TDK)

TDKR's last shot ruined it for me. If they reordered the scenes then I might've voted for TDKR.

I loved the TDKR ending but I see where you're coming from..

- Blake rises
- Alfred notices Bruce
- Bruce nods

Fade to black :cwink:

So close between The Dark Knight Rises and Batman Begins. The ending of Batman Begins really got me excited for what was to come, the first time I saw it- the Joker card was as a reminder that this was just the first lap of the race, and not just a great freestanding movie.

The ending of The Dark Knight Rises is much more sad, but also a satisfying ending. I'd say it wins by a hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"