The Dark Knight Rises Which movie in the trilogy had the BEST ENDING?

Id vote for the miranda bane end myself.

All three endings were so good it's hard to choose, but at the end of the day I'd pick TDK's ending. I just loved the mirrored aspect between Dent and Batman. It was so perfect after Batman fell saving Gordon's son and you see both Dent and Bats laying next to each other on the ground. Beautiful. The music then picks up and the final shot of Bats riding into the "sunset" is masterfull.

After watching Rises again I have too stick with That as the best ending. When the score kicks in as Alfred looks up and smiles then we see Bruce who Nods and Alfred nods then leaves before it cuts back to Blake Rising.

Oh my Goosebumps

Well looking at all the responses on the thread it goes to show that all these endings where great for the own reasons and how lucky all Batman fans really have been in having the 3 great movies (with great endings) in there lives for the last 10 years.

TDKR's. It was just so satisfying, to me.
But Begins's ending comes really close.

TDKR is #1 for me, was very satisfying and emotional for me. TDK is a close second, BB was not my favorite, but I enjoy it. It was the right ending for BB for sure. TDKR ending gets better and better (3 viewings going to 4th in 11 days)

1) TDK
2) Batman Begins
3) TDK Rises

TDK Rises would've been better if that powerful Zimmer score kicked in with Alfred smiling, and not seeing Bruce at all.

It would be vague, but a more powerful ending IMO

Yeah i would have preferred Alfred smiling and not showing us Bruce, maybe show the back of his head with the camera behing him (Bruce) so we see the back of Bruces head, Selina will be facing Bruce so we see her face with the pearls on, and Alfred in the table a few rows back.

Dark Knight Rises. Those last 5 minutes were just awesome.

Easily Batman Begins. The new Bat-signal, The Joker card and Batman telling Gorgon he'll never have to thank him is perfection. I've never been so much excited after a film.

"And you will never have to"

Well looking at all the responses on the thread it goes to show that all these endings where great for the own reasons and how lucky all Batman fans really have been in having the 3 great movies (with great endings) in there lives for the last 10 years.

:up:

'And you will never have to' Greatest ending to a comic book movie ever

I like them all for different reasons.

Batman Begins - It opened up a completely NEW world for Batman and the possibilities seemed endless, it was the first time my heart was soaring and I got incredible goosebumps.

The Dark Knight - The scale of everything made it incredibly emotional, Gordon's dialogue about why Batman is "the dark knght" is so inspiring and after everything Bruce had gone through in that movie...it was so moving. It was also the only time I stood up and yelled "OH F*** YEAH!" after a movie ended when I saw it at midnight.

The Dark Knight Rises - Although I have a huge problem with the last shot in Bruce Wayne's story being John Blake (yes I understand from a "inspiring people" narrative sense) I love that you get to see Bruce Wayne is a much better place than he had been at the beginning of the film. It is a good sense of closure after an amazing ride.

[YT]?v=TibA0sQQZw8[/YT]

Cried. Stood up. Then applauded.

TDKR - Cafe scene / Blake Rises

Although I am still fighting with my favoritism towards the well-executed act of pain and sacrifice (I am referring to TDK here), I voted for TDKR's ending. I don't think I can blamed for my choice as it was the film to conclude all of the other Nolan/Bats films as well as the last of its kind. That, undoubtedly, must have been no easy feat. With the two scenes between the cafe and Blake bouncing off each other as Zimmer's ending score plays, I am certain I am not the only one to have gotten goosebumps at the message of hope and the view of a future beyond what we saw in the Nolan trilogy.

Although I am still fighting with my favoritism towards the well-executed act of pain and sacrifice (I am referring to TDK here), I voted for TDKR's ending. I don't think I can blamed for my choice as it was the film to conclude all of the other Nolan/Bats films as well as the last of its kind. That, undoubtedly, must have been no easy feat. With the two scenes between the cafe and Blake bouncing off each other as Zimmer's ending score plays, I am certain I am not the only one to have gotten goosebumps at the message of hope and the view of a future beyond what we saw in the Nolan trilogy.

Ive tried and failded to put that better myself.

:up::up::up:

Begins hands down!!!! TDK was too Empire Strikes back and Rises well... i could have been happy with the alfred shot only

im sorry but blakes scene was such crap that i damn near fell out of my seat laughing along with the audience, and i can honestly say i ve never seen that many people leave a decent flick facepalming to the ending

im sorry but blakes scene was such crap that i damn near fell out of my seat laughing along with the audience, and i can honestly say i ve never seen that many people leave a decent flick facepalming to the ending

Understandable. Haha!
I may be biased here as I did run myself completely out of facepalms during the "First name 'Robin'" scene...

I have to say Batman Begins. The line at the end is still on of my favorites in a movie.

Gordon: "I never got a chance to thank you..."

Batman: "And you'll never have to."

:batman:

The Dark Knight Rises for me.

When I first saw it it felt just like a series of quick cuts and too rushed to feel anything. The second it was beyond perfect (I liked Blake so that may have helped). The characters all got their endings (Gordon's in particular was freakin wondeful) and the cafe scene was lovely. I loved Blake rising up however it is kind of bittersweet as you know it's unlikely anything will come from it. The music... acting, cinematography. They did not put one step wrong. And Bruce having his happy ending is just... :hrt:

BB's and TDK's are wonderful and goosebumpy but TDKR's is one of my favoruite endings ever... if not my favourite. Nolan just can't **** up an ending. Say what you will about the rest of the film, I have 2 main flaws with the film but the ending wraps up everything.

I am extremely happy that the ending changed from the original script as that I wouldn't have been as happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"