Which star will have the biggest career post-Smallville

Post-Smallville? I'd say that Michael Rosenbaum probably had the best chance.

triplet said:
You have made good points, but I think the fact that he values spending time with his family over working is serious points in his favor for a career post Smallville.

I mean, he'll look at projects with a more critical eye because of that and only take ones that mean something to him. Being picky will keep him in the long run...

He won't do just anything if he's offered enough money and I think that is a mistake a lot of young actors make.

I actually see him taking a Johnny Depp kind of path towards his career. He will take projects that interest him and not necessarily take them because they are going to be big at the box office.

Catman said:
He can always get a small supporting role. Plus, the fact that he chose something stupid like Soroity Boys proves that he isn't the wisest when choosing roles. Who knows? Maybe he'll turn into a Matthew Perry and star in another successful show.

Even with supporting roles, their limited to those conditions in my last post. As for Rosenbaum's movie being "stupid,"The guy's a bit of a goofball in real life, so perhaps he thought the film was amusing? Who knows? Every actor has done "stupid" movies. Ever see Tom Hanks in Bachelor Party? or Johnny Depp in "A Nightmare on Elm Street?"

avidreader said:
I actually see him taking a Johnny Depp kind of path towards his career. He will take projects that interest him and not necessarily take them because they are going to be at the box office.

Your countryman Russell Crowe has done the same thing, essentially...

Its frustrating for his fans because he only works once a year or so or even less, but since (for the most part) they've all been such good films I can't really complain.

I'm undecided between Rosenbaum and Welling. I will say Welling becuase when i saw the trailer for fog i said hey what's superman doing. I didn't even no Rosenbaum was in sorority boys till the second time i watched it.

The Incredible Hulk said:
Even with supporting roles, their limited to those conditions in my last post. As for Rosenbaum's movie being "stupid,"The guy's a bit of a goofball in real life, so perhaps he thought the film was amusing? Who knows? Every actor has done "stupid" movies. Ever see Tom Hanks in Bachelor Party? or Johnny Depp in "A Nightmare on Elm Street?"

Rosenbaum would be a good comedic actor....you can just see that being a goofball is in his blood.

I think Tom has the right idea getting behind the camera now when he has a chance to do it.

He's shown some talent with directiing and has good ideas.

Michael is going to get behind the camera too this season, it was said. They're both clearly looking to the future. I think they'll be okay, no matter either of them decide to do.

Pickle-El said:
Dang, I got ignored.

I didn't ignore your comment, just had nothing to say about it...

You're right.

I think he could have a great career post Smallville, if he gets away from doing bad guy roles and moves back into goof ball stuff he could stay away from being type cast as the villain.

I think Michael has great potential to have great sucess. And so does Tom but that will require wise film/tv choices.
I would love to see him doing a comedy (maybe a team up with Michael as they have such great chemistry and are known for being pranksters on set).

Rosenbaum by a landslide. He's the only younger actor on the show with the acting chops to transcend it. If Glover were twenty years younger I'd say him...but he's not. Rosenbaum can also work comedy very well (Sorority Boys was pretty damn funny at times). The rest of them need to spend a few years at Strasburg or Julliard if they want to get past anything on the WB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"