Who... or What Is "The Adversary?"

Rowsdower!

Avenger
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread for what is apparently the film's main villain. Although it's unclear whether this character is actually called the Adversary or if that's just what Ayer & Co. are calling them because they don't want to reveal his/her real name (quite brilliantly, either works), we do have little snippets of information that might clue us in to his/her identity.

While Ayer stated that its minions (the Eyes of the Adversary) were creations of his own, modeled after ugly creatures that appeared to him in a dream, he said that the story for Suicide Squad, and its villain apparently, are modeled after a specific comic book. He didn't specify which one, but it does sound as if the Adversary is an established DC character. Now, that could mean that he/she is another character in the film like Enchantress who is revealed as the villain at the end, or it could mean that he/she is someone else entirely that we are completely unaware of.

What do you guys think? Who might this mystery villain be? What actor/actress is playing them? Whatever this movie turns out to be, you have to give Ayer a lot of credit for being able to keep this character under wraps in an age where EVERYTHING gets leaked months ahead of time.

You want to know Rowsdower? Check my spoiler

The Incubus is the Adversary...or part of the Adversary. You see, the witch possessing June Moon is known as the Enchantress; her power comes from the Succubus in the comics. And in the comics, Succubus and Incubus are brother and sister. Here it appears that the Enchantress is attempting to reunite with her brother, the Incubus.

That big glowy thing you see in the subway tunnel wrecking everything is the Incubus.

My own speculation as to how this Adversary ties into the greater DCEU; mild JL spoilers, though these are from the information that was given out a little while ago concerning the first JL movie's prologue.

We know that in the past Darkseid's forces attacked Earth; the Atlanteans and the Amazonians joined forces to repel Darkseid's armies. Since the plot synopsis for Suicide Squad refers to the Adversary as a mystic threat, I speculate that primitive man may have seen the fighting between Darkseid, the Atlanteans and Amazonians, and summoned supernatural aid in the form of beings like the Adversary to defend them against the metahumans and the extraterrestrials.

I do give either Ayer or his editors credit for giving us great trailers that don't throw out whole chunks of the plot. A very big improvement from the ad campaign for BvS, and one that WB should use going forward.

Last edited:
Hmmm... Not going to open that spoiler because I want to be surprised when I see it. I wasn't aware that the plot had leaked.

I created this thread for speculation, so for anyone that does know, please do what Victarion did and use spoiler tags.

The Adversary is Geppetto:

Oh, wait, wrong comics.

As Victarion said, adversary's identity has leaked. If you don't want to be spoiled, better run away from this thread never to return, as someone is bound to post it out of spoiler tags sooner or later.

Do we know who the Incubus possesses - Monster T, Joker, some other skwad character or a random ?

Do we know who the Incubus possesses - Monster T, Joker, some other skwad character or a random ?

I think the Enchantress gives him a random civilian to use as a vessel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"