Sequels Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

more or less...though thanos will be in avengers 2...to some extent, I am willing to bet

I like how we all know more than the mother****er directing the thing.

It must be nice though to have so many people he can go to for advice and ideas.

At this point I want a Masters [of Evil] that looks like this:

1. The Baron
2. The Mandarin
3. The Leader
4. The Enchantress

and if they happen to have henchmen including any of the following:
- Crossbones
- Abomination
- Executioner
- Quicksilver
- Scarlet Witch

I could probably make my peace with that. Leading up to a finale that in some way includes Ultron. That's what I want.

I wonder if Marvel will decide just to call them "The Masters" instead of the "Masters of Evil" to make it sit a bit better with the GA.

That's the only thing that's stopping me from supporting them in a movie.

I would like to see...

The twins
Baron Zemo
Skurge (He gets rebuked and signs on with The Enchantress at the end for a Thor sequel as revenge)
The Crimson Dynamo, (old friend of the Widow's)
I would actually love to see Abomination make a return. Save the Leader for a Hulk movie.

Maybe call them 'The Liberators' instead?

They'll be the Masters, Whedon is pretty savvy like that. If Singer went with Brotherhood, you already know.

Masters of evil
1.Baron Zemo
2.The Abomination
3.Scarlet Witch
4.Quicksilver
5.Crossbones
6.Wrecking Crew

I think this group could definitely give the Avengers trouble.

Honestly, the only problem that I see with the Masters is that it'll require a hell of a lot more screen time for a few characters that weren't so fortunate to have debuted in a previous Marvel Film.

I mean "The Avengers" had so much going on as it is that Hawkeye's screen time and development had to be sacrificed so if they had troubles with that, then how the heck do they plan on doing a film where we have several big time villains; well unless of course most of them don't get that much time devoted to them and that they're just there to be ordered around by some big time boss who's given the majority of the villains' screen time.

Absolutely.
I don't want to see Thanos get pussyfied in the MCU. If all he does is fields loser henchman after loser henchman before finally getting to the "if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself" stage, then general audiences are going to consider him a laughingstock.

Are there some examples of such movie villains being considered laughingstocks?

Counter examples:
Emperor Palpatine
Lord Voldemort
Cobra Commander
Sauron (minus the do it yourself stage)

They'll be the Masters, Whedon is pretty savvy like that. If Singer went with Brotherhood, you already know.

This is what I'm thinking. When you say "villains" for Avengers, it's kinda hard to make that *not* the Masters of Evil.

I think Avengers 2 is already set up perfectly for it if we get away from Zemo and Enchantress, and take the villains that we already have? Red Skull. Justin Hammer. Abomination. Loki. Possible Crossbones. Batroc, Kurse and AIM. That's not an assemblage to sneeze at. Tossing in Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver amongst some other powered mooks. Not a bad look.

Oh, and remember I called it first: Quicksilver dies.

Last edited:
How was he handling his **** in the books? If it is in fact that he only wants to impress some version of Death, he may be justified in sending wave after wave to their deaths. All part of his gift to her.

Absolutely. He also might want to make the Avengers stronger or more motivated to give them a better chance at killing him. There's a lot you can do with an esoteric motivating factor like death. And he's the kind of villain who you can't have a great story with if he's about getting his hands dirty.

Isn't it pretty much set that Thanos is the villain in Avengers 2?

Isn't it pretty much set that Thanos is the villain in Avengers 2?
I don't think so. I think it was Feige that referred to the threat in TA2 as "villains" in an interview. That could certainly indicate that Thanos himself is pushed up to the third installment (or further, but I doubt that).

Mjölnir;25774917 said:
I don't think so. I think it was Feige that referred to the threat in TA2 as "villains" in an interview. That could certainly indicate that Thanos himself is pushed up to the third installment (or further, but I doubt that).

thanos will most certainly have an influence. He'll be in guardians, and he'll be in avengers to some extent.

I bet we get a masters of evil type lineup like this...

zemo, mandarin, abomination, leader, zola, wanda, pietro

it's gunna be political

thanos will most certainly have an influence. He'll be in guardians, and he'll be in avengers to some extent.

I bet we get a masters of evil type lineup like this...

zemo, mandarin, abomination, leader, zola, wanda, pietro

it's gunna be political
Yes, he'll certainly be there behind the scenes until he concludes the presumed trilogy by stepping onto the field himself.

A team of super villains certainly seems like the likely possibility and it will be interesting if they'll build on previous villains like that together with new ones.

I thought it was already confirmed that they were going to try and milk Thanos as much as they can to make him the main antagonist in Avengers 3?

Don't see why people still think he'll be the main villain in Avengers 2. He will not be the main bad guy but he'll have an influence.

I just can't wait to see how they'll fit the GOTG and the original Avengers crew in A2 and Ant-Man with the crew from A2 in A3.

Hopefully in A3 they bring out every superhero that's been introduced and that is still alive. I want to see 2nd class superheros like War Machine and Lady Sith and the Warriors 3 die at the hands of Thanos. I want Hawkeye, Black Widow, Nick Fury, or Ant-Man to die at the hands of Thanos too just to make Thanos appear as much if a threat as he is in the comics.

Thanos. Maybe Ultron for part 3 once Ant-Man is fully established in the universe.

i think it will be the 'Masters' and in my opinion it might consit of :

"Mandarin" (he is not dead according to some interview)
Abomination (somehow in CA:TWS or before he will be released)
The Leader (from the Incredible Hulk)
Zemo (Since he is rumored on CA:TWS) or any other villian coming in CA.
The Extremis soldiers (I don't think all of them died)
Justin Hammer (if he builds an armor suit or joins AIM)
AIM

I just don't know how GotG will fit into A2, if any. Maybe their real role is for A3 and whatever happens on GotG will be better understand come phase 3.

Libra (Guztav Brandt) would be interesting an an Avengers villain, in terms of a mastermind mixed with an "evil Daredevil." Libra is blind but has enchanced senses, and is part of the Zodiac Cartel. It wouldn't be too hard to link the cartel to Thanos in some way. Earth's Mightiest Heroes getting stymied by a German blind man

Whedon maker reference to a singular villain here, but at this point we don't really know.

Whedon maker reference to a singular villain here, but at this point we don't really know.

He could just as easily be talking about the leader/founder of the Masters of Evil. After all, self-centered psychopaths would need even *more* leadership to function as a group than the Avengers would. That implies a pretty capable alpha villain as the true threat, with the Masters as, essentially, extensions of his will.

He could just as easily be talking about the leader/founder of the Masters of Evil. After all, self-centered psychopaths would need even *more* leadership to function as a group than the Avengers would. That implies a pretty capable alpha villain as the true threat, with the Masters as, essentially, extensions of his will.

This. There's an interview with Kevin Feige for the first movie where he mentioned something along the lines of Loki being the only villain they referred to promoting the movie because he was more important than the aliens. That being said, at this point Thanos or Korvac seem just as likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"