Who Would You Be?

iambilly81

Sidekick
Reaction score
so today at work, we got into a conversation on " who would you rather be?"
we would pick two characters, ex: gambit, spiderman, and pick who you would rather be. many people did this growing up, i know i did.

so i figured it might be interesting to start a thread like this. so, ill give two characters, and you say who you would rather be and why. and if you have any suggestions for future match ups. PM them to me.

first up

wolverine

Wolverine.jpg

or

hulk

Hulk_main.jpg

REMEMBER, EXPLAIN WHY!!!

Wolvering. I tend to like to be in control of myself.

Yeah but it'd be a b**** getting through airport security. Then again it'd be hell just being the hulk considering all the attention he gets from the military.
Hmm... Yeah i guess wolverine.

How about Cyclops or Daredevil?

i would have to say wolverine. with the hulk youwould be the ultimate powerhouse but no control at times. but.... wolverine can also just go nuts but not as bad as hulk. and who doesnt wish they had claws that can cut threw anything?

The character I would not want to be is DD.His life is so messed up right now that an alien invasion by the Skrull or Kree would be a holiday.

powers. like, with this match up you can either have all the mutant powers wolverine has... claws, healing factor, sences and all, or hulks power and above human abilities such as healing and stamina.

In that case I would prefer Wolvie. You could just get pissed and rip your claws out.

GNR4Life said:
The character I would not want to be is DD.His life is so messed up right now that an alien invasion by the Skrull or Kree would be a holiday.

thats cool but for this round ya gotta pick either wolverine or hulk. maybe down the line daredevil will be one of the choices.

Wolverine. The Hulk may be benevolant most of the time, but sometimes he gets lost in his rages, and the bodies pile up in his wake. I'd hate to have to live with that on my conscience. Even if it didn't happen, the possibility of it would scare me ****less.

Wolverine because although he is highly skilled in the arts of killing and striking like some kind of ballistic brute, he is actually pretty smart and I guess the word I'm looking for is "homely?". I mean no genius in comparison to reed richards, but being "moderately" smart in MU is being BRILLIANT in the real world. He can speak SEVERAL languages fluently, has studied a few martial arts (probablly including aikido, my favorite, because he was a samurai)...he has a good understanding of some of the technology of the MU (which is vast).

It goes on and on....It would be a more fullfilling life, being Wolverine. Even if you don't go on X-missions everyday and just live the same life you live now. Because you'd never catch a cold, you could smoke cigars and drink alcohol your whole life, and never be affected by it (if you so want to.)

Yeah!!

I wouldnt want Wolverine's claws. Think about it man. All that flesh between your forearms and your knuckles would be stabbed clean through every time you unsheathed. Sure wolverine makes it look like nothing but he's one tough hombre. Pretty much every one of us'd be screaming like a girl and wetting ourselves and/or passing out every time. Which to me really takes away your combat effectiveness.

But he's healing at the same time. So it hurts, but that's it. I wonder though.....If he unsheathed and left the claws out, would his body heal around the claws? Like so that they can't go back in?

Say he makes the claws come out, and keeps them out for like a day. Then goes to sleep, but leaves the claws out for some reason. The next day wouldn't the claws be bonded with the skin and stuff?

Vanguard07 said:
I wouldnt want Wolverine's claws. Think about it man. All that flesh between your forearms and your knuckles would be stabbed clean through every time you unsheathed. Sure wolverine makes it look like nothing but he's one tough hombre. Pretty much every one of us'd be screaming like a girl and wetting ourselves and/or passing out every time. Which to me really takes away your combat effectiveness.

Actually, if he regularly pops his claws out, scar tissue would eventually build up. Scar tissue is generally rather dull to sensation.

ChineseFooD said:
But he's healing at the same time. So it hurts, but that's it. I wonder though.....If he unsheathed and left the claws out, would his body heal around the claws? Like so that they can't go back in?

Say he makes the claws come out, and keeps them out for like a day. Then goes to sleep, but leaves the claws out for some reason. The next day wouldn't the claws be bonded with the skin and stuff?

Once he pops them out, his skin can't heal until he pops them back in.

Wolverine's scars heal over. His flesh is brand spankin new every time those claws rip right through hit. And even if they didnt you'd still have to build up that scar tissue by repeatedly sheathing and unsheathing your claws. Would you wanna go through that?

Im sure he used to it and doesent even noticeit. Besides dont be such a *****, having claws rip through your flesh will just make you stronger :up:

Vanguard07 said:
Wolverine's scars heal over. His flesh is brand spankin new every time those claws rip right through hit. And even if they didnt you'd still have to build up that scar tissue by repeatedly sheathing and unsheathing your claws. Would you wanna go through that?

He has repeadidly sheathed and unsheathed his claws. He's been doing it for decades. And really, he doesn't heal instantly. A cut will still take a while to heal.

how am I being a ***** by saying I wouldnt want 6 12inch razor sharp pieces of metal stabbing through my flesh from knuckles all the way through my forearms? It'd be incredibly painful. I've been stabbed in the shoulder once and lemme tell ya. Having a big sharp f****in piece of metal shoved through your flesh isnt as fun as TV and movies makes it out to be.

You can think it'd be nothing if you want. Me I'd rather not have it happen if I have a choice in the matter.

man, didnt expect this kind of responce so fast, awesome... the match ups will change daily. one match up a day. so if you have any suggestions, PM them to me.

thanks

i would want to be the hulk. because if i was wolvie, my future wife will certainly feel insecure when we reach the age of 60 years old. because by that time, im still looking young and fine as wolverine while my wife's getting screwed up with the effects of old age.

Vanguard07 said:
Yeah but it'd be a b**** getting through airport security. Then again it'd be hell just being the hulk considering all the attention he gets from the military.
Hmm... Yeah i guess wolverine.

How about Cyclops or Daredevil?
marvel has established than logan carries a medical certificate insde his passport stating that his bones have metal implants which is true enough if i remember right this was established in his first miniseries as for this match i'll pick the resident knife fighter of the x-men

Wolverine, ain't too hard of a decsion. An' not just 'cause I preffer Wolverine either. Healin' would be like a dream, an' havin' enhanced smellin' would be okay, I guess. :confused::up: Then there's peek human abilities. Claws would be fun too. But Hulk, I don't wanna turn into a monster. :confused::down

3dman27 said:
marvel has established than logan carries a medical certificate insde his passport stating that his bones have metal implants which is true enough if i remember right this was established in his first miniseries as for this match i'll pick the resident knife fighter of the x-men

yeah if you remember in the 2nd secret wars... fury's secret war.... he was on the plane. daredevil asked, " how did you get on the plane..." wolverine says drunk " i got me a medical card that says i got a medal plate in my head"

sure he said it drunk, but one would think he would have somethin like that just in case.

new match up comming in a little bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"