who would you liked to see movie direct fantastic four movie?

heathjack

Civilian
Reaction score
matthew vaughn or Peyton Reed! or do you got any other directors in mind?

Zack Sny—kidding!

Travis Knight who only directed Kubo Of The Two Strings and Bumblebee is my top choice. He nails both drama and humor while never forgetting to have genuine heart which fit the First Family perfectly.

Zack Sny—kidding!

Travis Knight who only directed Kubo Of The Two Strings and Bumblebee is my top choice. He nails both drama and humor while never forgetting to have genuine heart which fit the First Family perfectly.
Kidding? What, you don't want the FF to look kuel?

Loved Bumblebee BTW. Lived in Santa Cruz for quite some time, so that was a nice touch for me. I never thought I'd ever watch or like another Transformers movie as long as I lived. Glad to be wrong.

I wouldn't be upset if they gave Taika a shot at it. Not very creative of me, but, hey, I've always been that way.

I really liked some of the things Damien Chazelle did in First Man. Since he hasn't done anything like FF, it would require a bit of a leap of faith, but if he were interested, I'd like to see what he could do.

Of all the properties, this would be a job for Joss Whedon.
I agree but his dirty jokes get old. I'm sure he would have Johny in Sue's boob's even though they are brother and sister and no telling where he'd go with the Thing.

Alonso Cuaron. He made arguably the best Harry Potter film. Gravity was amazing and his other films are consistently on point.

Alonso Cuaron. He made arguably the best Harry Potter film. Gravity was amazing and his other films are consistently on point.

I'm glad Gravity was a short movie. If it had been any longer, they would have had to wheel me out on a stretcher. I was exhausted when it was over. When she finally crawled out of the water and stood up, I was, like, "Wheeeeeeeew" and realized how tense I had been for about an hour and a half.

And, by the way, The Prisoner of Azkaban wasn't "arguably" the best Harry Potter film. It "was" the best Harry Potter film. :cwink:

Travis Knight (Bumblebee, Kubo). Bumblebee had the perfect tone and template for Fantastic Four. He'd do an amazing job

Marielle Heller (Can You Ever Forgive Me? and A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood) has been my pick for a while now.

Marvel can always be able help out with the action sequences & deliver stunts/CGI, but you need a director who will be able to deliver on the family dynamics.

Adam McKay would be another good choice, if he doesn’t end up directing a Nova feature.

sam-raimi-spider-man-3-set-photo.jpg

Apparently he's a big fan of the Fantastic Four too...

sam-raimi-spider-man-3-set-photo.jpg

Apparently he's a big fan of the Fantastic Four too...

He looks familiar....I think I've seen him somewhere before. Has he ever directed a movie that's been successful? Does he think Josh did a good job on F#(Ktastic?

This reminds me.....sometimes when a huge event movie premiers (TFA, Avengers, etc.), I'll get IMAX tickets and drive across town to go to the TCL Chinese Theater (still think of it as Grauman's LOL). When I do, I have breakfast at the Preston restaurant at the Loews hotel which is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the theater (you get parking validation too!!). Here's what you see.....a bunch of really rich movie guys who dress and groom like they just left a Kurt Cobain rehearsal and their wives who have more diamonds than god (of course they don't go together LOL).

Last edited:
He looks familiar....I think I've seen him somewhere before. Has he ever directed a movie that's been successful? Does he think Josh did a good job on F#(Ktastic?
Its Sam Raimi, he directed Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3 and Drag Me to Hell.

Its Sam Raimi, he directed Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3 and Drag Me to Hell.

I should have used the :o, but was on my IPhone and, for some reason, the emojis weren't working.

If Raimi took a crack at it, we’d have Bruce Campbell as Reed Richards. Lol.

Bruce Campbell would have Stan Lee's role as a mail man in the first movie but extended to two scenes

Brad Bird creator and director of the animated version of Fantastic Four aka The Incredibles

Matthew Vaugh is my choice among the ones that wouldn't turn a CMB down by default.

If I can pick favorites for FF more freely: Zemeckis, Howard, Abrams... can't come up with someone else right now

Raimi would also be a very good candidate.
And maybe Ang Lee deserves another shot in the genre? It won't ever happen though.
100 % likely he doesn't want to do it.

Last edited:
Can a mod merge this with the Jon Watts is director thread since this one isn't really relevant anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"