Why are racial stereotypes always so...

I don't see how anyone can like mayo. It's the Devil's semen it is.

Why do you hate the term Mexican? :huh:
It's just stating the nationality, a mexican is from Mexico. Latino just bundles all spanish speaking people into one homogenous group.

It's simple for me. A Mexican is a person from Mexico, and alot of people that are called Mexicans have never even been to the country. I've grown up with people that have never been to Mexico, and neither have their parents. Yet people call them Mexican like they're actually from Mexico. If I see a literal Mexican I call them a Mexican, but calling everyone that's descended from Latin America Mexican is ignorant. I've heard people call Ricky Ricardo Mexican.:whatever:

Anyone that dislikes Taco Bell is against heterosexual marriage......

There I said it.

It's simple for me. A Mexican is a person from Mexico, and alot of people that are called Mexicans have never even been to the country. I've grown up with people that have never been to Mexico, and neither have their parents. Yet people call them Mexican like they're actually from Mexico. If I see a literal Mexican I call them a Mexican, but calling everyone that's descended from Latin America Mexican is ignorant. I've heard people call Ricky Ricardo Mexican.:whatever:

That's typically dependant on where in the country you are. The Southwest seems to have the "Hispanic = Mexican" problem, where in NYC, any hispanic is assumed to be Puerto Rican and in Florida, they're typically assumed to be Cuban.

I get what you're saying, but what you originally said sounded akin to the Chinese person getting offended because he was called Chinese.

Anyone that dislikes Taco Bell is against heterosexual marriage......

There I said it.

I'd trade my filipina wife for the right amount of taco supremes.

There I said it.

That's typically dependant on where in the country you are. The Southwest seems to have the "Hispanic = Mexican" problem, where in NYC, any hispanic is assumed to be Puerto Rican and in Florida, they're typically assumed to be Cuban.

I get what you're saying, but what you originally said sounded akin to the Chinese person getting offended because he was called Chinese.

What he said.:up:

A lot of my Puerto Rican friends get very angry when I refer to them as Hispanic. They tell me, "We're not Mexicans"... so I shutup and finish eating my taco supremes.

I get what you're saying. I meant it as just associating an ethnicity with one country. I say the same thing with Asian people. I used to call them Oriental until I heard that was taboo, so I heard they like to be called Asian. Calling them all Chinese like some people in my family does sounds icky to me. If it's an actual Chinese person I'm cool with it though.

I get what you're saying. I meant it as just associating an ethnicity with one country. I say the same thing with Asian people. I used to call them Oriental until I heard that was taboo, so I heard they like to be called Asian. Calling them all Chinese like some people in my family does sounds icky to me. If it's an actual Chinese person I'm cool with it though.

Yeah, Asian is the correct term, I learned that a whiles back. And not just because I was sleeping with one. :o :dry:

My mom still uses the term oriental and I'm like, you gotta chill with that.

Aren't you tired of sleeping with that same oriental yet?

I use Asian to describe them, but I don't know why Oriental is so bad. I thought they came up with the name themselves, but I haven't looked into it. Plus there are people in Asia that's not of the same ethnicity. There are many people in Russia that can be called Asian, but they're not of the same ethnicity as the Southeast Asians such as Koreans, Thai, etc.

Psh... we know you just like dipping in the sweet and sour sauce.

I don't see how anyone can like mayo. It's the Devil's semen it is.

Agreed! Mayo is EVIL!!!!

:hehe: I completely agree with this.

A lot of my Puerto Rican friends get very angry when I refer to them as Hispanic. They tell me, "We're not Mexicans"... so I shutup and finish eating my taco supremes.

:funny: :hehe:

How did I miss this comedy gold? You sir get a gold star on your test.

:wish:

You've earned that. Go home and show it to your folks.

I don't know where the "Mexicans are lazy" stereotype comes from, because I can say from experience that Mexicans aren't lazy.

I dunno, maybe it comes from the fact that they come across the border and don't bother to learn the country's language? Or the fact that they let their kids run wild without any form of discipline?

I don't know, but when it comes to actually working and doing a job, Mexicans aren't lazy. They are some of the hardest working folk I've encountered.

However, the 50 people living in one house thing is absolutely true.

Growing up, when I was probably about 9 or so, I actually had immigration come to my house to question me about the family that lived about 2 houses down, because there was a 2nd family that was living in the garage. Just about every Mexican family on my street (which was damn near every house) had another family living in the garage.

I don't know where the "Mexicans are lazy" stereotype comes from, because I can say from experience that Mexicans aren't lazy.

I dunno, maybe it comes from the fact that they come across the border and don't bother to learn the country's language? Or the fact that they let their kids run wild without any form of discipline?

I don't know, but when it comes to actually working and doing a job, Mexicans aren't lazy. They are some of the hardest working folk I've encountered.

However, the 50 people living in one house thing is absolutely true.

Growing up, when I was probably about 9 or so, I actually had immigration come to my house to question me about the family that lived about 2 houses down, because there was a 2nd family that was living in the garage. Just about every Mexican family on my street (which was damn near every house) had another family living in the garage.

Tons of foreigners do that.
Americans do that. Actually, if anything, that's a stereotype of suburban middle class white America. I've known Mexicans to hand their children a well-executed beating for being little ****s.
In my experience, Asians do that as well.

That's something I've noticed, a lot of puerto ricans I know say that they don't like mexicans; what's up with that?

THere is a stereotype over here that loads of Eastern Europeans are flooding the country and either nicking loads of work or sponging off the benefit system.

Both of those are very true.

But I would also like to say that some of these Polish and other Eastern Europeans who come here to work graft their ****ing arse off. I've seen first hand how hard they work on site. The Polish guys are some of the hardest workers I've seen.

So whilst the stereotype is true in many cases...some of those Eastern Europeans know how to work hard.

It's a shame they send all their money back home instead of spending it over here, contributing to our economy though. ;)

THere is a stereotype over here that loads of Eastern Europeans are flooding the country and either nicking loads of work or sponging off the benefit system.

Both of those are very true.

But I would also like to say that some of these Polish and other Eastern Europeans who come here to work graft their ****ing arse off. I've seen first hand how hard they work on site. The Polish guys are some of the hardest workers I've seen.

So whilst the stereotype is true in many cases...some of those Eastern Europeans know how to work hard.

It's a shame they send all their money back home instead of spending it over here, contributing to our economy though. ;)
Well I live in Peterborough. So I've seen the worst of it. In certain areas you are guaranteed to find Eastern Europeans lying in a park, drinking alcohol... in the middle of the day.

However, I don't think its a race thing. Before the Eastern Europeans, it was immigrants from the Middle Eastern countries. Obviously they have brown skin, but the Polish are as white as you can get. But they express similar behaviour.

This is because the current Immigration system allows people to sponge off of welfare. So we are getting a lot of people who come here for easy benefits. This is an example of basic human greed, it happens across all races. Of course, there are people who want the work and value their stay here.

So I don't think its a race thing. Also remember that a lot of British people also take advantage of the benefit system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"