Why does everyone hate The Batman?

Silver Sable said:
Actually, he looks pretty good to me.10 times better then the others :o

I'm not talking about the design. Sad fact is that the design of the Penguin is one of the best ones out there. I'm talking about how they characterize him. And his voice is also horrible. Even worse is how they use him OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.

Binker said:
Look, we can argue all we like. But, these guys working on TB like the darker version of Batman. From that, that means that they are the right guys to do this. Plus, if you guys love TBvD than the show. So the real people you should be going after is the TV people: the FCC.

Not the FCC, parent's groups. BTAS, TNBA, STAS, JL, and JLU used blood, bullets, etc on their show. Parent's groups are the ones who want the show targeted towards children. The FCC is just a group of Nazis that simply enforce the laws to shield all of us from sex. Blood, bullets and violence is apparently doesn't matter to them.

i dont understand Why they wouldnt just continue the original Batman the Animated Series instead of this crap...

http://heroicimages.net/toons/batman.html

batman_batman.jpg

batman_batgirl1.jpg

batman_catwoman.jpg

batman_joker.jpg

batman_mrfreeze.jpg

batman_penguin.jpg

batman_batgirl1.jpg

What the ****ing hell!? o_O Please tell me that's an early concept and not how she looks in the show. Please!

Am I glad that I stopped watching The Batman after 4 Episodes.

Binker said:
Look, we can argue all we like. But, these guys working on TB like the darker version of Batman. From that, that means that they are the right guys to do this. Plus, if you guys love TBvD than the show. So the real people you should be going after is the TV people: the FCC.

You're way off. This isn't the darker version of Batman. For the darker version of Batman, see B:TAS. That Batman doesn't shop for guitars, call on Alfred for enchiladas, etc. He doesn't talk a lot, he doesn't have umpteen different gadgets (see Bat-Wave, Robo Bat suit).

How many different suits did The Batman already wear in the show? I've only seen the anti-freezing suit or whatever it was called.

anyone know how many volumes there will be to complete the original batman the animated series? theres 4 out now.

Just four volumes, it covers the whole series.

lionhart said:
Just four volumes, it covers the whole series.

really thats it? it doesnt seem like there all there.

how many episodes were there for the original batman series? BTAS, Adventures of Batman and Robin, and Gotham Knights.
theres only 28 eps a volume. doesnt seem right..
the show last 7 years and there are only 28 episodes a volume? and there are only 112 episodes to span that entire time?

ZER0C00L said:
the original...

btas_batman.jpg
batman.gif

btas_batgirl.jpg
batgirl.gif

btas_robin.jpg
nightwing.gif

The GK designs are great, but this really seems to show how ugly some of the BTAS designs were, especially Franken-Robin (just my opinion).

The show (combined) produced new episodes for a total of 5-6 years. It covered 109 episodes. All have been released on DVD, with the last volume containing all of the "Gotham Knights" episodes.

R-Taco said:
The GK designs are great, but this really seems to show how ugly some of the BTAS designs were, especially Franken-Robin (just my opinion).

i think thats just a bad shot he doesnt look that way. im watching the volume two right now.

1748424_1131.jpg

robin3.jpg

robin6.jpg

robgirl.jpg

i didnt like some of the changes as well, like the joker he looked awful. this version from justice league looks best.
jl_joker.jpg

lionhart said:
The show (combined) produced new episodes for a total of 5-6 years. It covered 109 episodes. All have been released on DVD, with the last volume containing all of the "Gotham Knights" episodes.

yeah i looked it up on imdb and read some reviews on amazon.

the show started from 92-95 then a two year hiatis then the last season was in 97

hippie_hunter said:
I'm not talking about the design. Sad fact is that the design of the Penguin is one of the best ones out there. I'm talking about how they characterize him. And his voice is also horrible. Even worse is how they use him OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER.

You mean the whole thing of him involved in martial arts? Yeah that's idiotic

The reason I have such a hatred for the show is because it completely IMHO disrespects the Batman legend. Now although I am not arrogant enough to say that I'm the Know-it-all of Batman mythology...i'm pretty sure that Victor Fries wasn't a petty thug, right? :sarcasm:

Hmm...the widely accepted origin of Mr. Freeze:

Origin

As shown in "Heart of Ice", Victor Fries was fascinated with freezing animals as a child, which would lead to his career in cryogenics research. He was sent to a strict boarding school by his father, where he met Nora, an attractive and gentle girl whom he subsequently married.

Unfortunately, Nora later fell terminally ill. Fries took on a job working for a large company run by the ruthless Ferris Boyle, working in his field. Fries did not like the job but needed money to help Nora.

Fries discovered a way to put Nora into cryo-stasis, hoping to sustain her until a cure could be found. Boyle attempted to have her brought out of stasis, overruling Fries' frantic objections. A struggle ensued, in which Boyle kicked Fries into a table full of chemicals and he was left for dead. He survived, but his body temperature was lowered dramatically, and from then on he could only live at sub-zero temperatures, forced to wear a special refrigerating suit to stay alive.

VS.

The "Batman"s Mr. Freeze:

A simple crook who was pursued by the Batman one night after a jewelry heist. Running into a cryogenics lab, he was knocked into one of the freeze chambers and electrocuted as his body was frozen. The experience somehow turned him into a quasi-undead being that constantly generated extreme cold around him; he was forced to wear a special suit (developed by a cryogenicist he coerced into working for him) to prevent him from freezing everything he comes in contact with. He could also (presumably) channel/focus his abilities, however.

I mean....are you kidding me?

The reason I'm using Mr. Freeze is b/c that's the only episode of TB that I was able to tolerate.

I mean i'm all about updating Batman for a newer generation, but THIS show and their 're-imagination' goes too far. It's the Schumacker of animated Batman. :mad:

The Mr. Freeze origin you stated was the creation of Dini and Timm for the Animated Series to give him more depth. It became so popular and well liked it was later written into the current canon of comics. In the beginning Freeze was known as Mr. Zero, who was just another crook with a gimmick. (i.e. him needing to use the suit) and he did just do crimes.

The reason so many people hate this show is because the Batman Animated series continuity still continues in Justice League Unlimited. When The Batman's existence took away the option for any Batman characters to ever apear in that continuity away, it pi$$ed people off.

The show is cheesy, it's commercialed crap, Bruce Timm's version was art insired by a genuine love for the character, and delivered with respect to the inteligence of it's audience.

LostSon88 said:
The reason I have such a hatred for the show is because it completely IMHO disrespects the Batman legend. Now although I am not arrogant enough to say that I'm the Know-it-all of Batman mythology...i'm pretty sure that Victor Fries wasn't a petty thug, right? :sarcasm:

Hmm...the widely accepted origin of Mr. Freeze:

Origin

As shown in "Heart of Ice", Victor Fries was fascinated with freezing animals as a child, which would lead to his career in cryogenics research. He was sent to a strict boarding school by his father, where he met Nora, an attractive and gentle girl whom he subsequently married.

Unfortunately, Nora later fell terminally ill. Fries took on a job working for a large company run by the ruthless Ferris Boyle, working in his field. Fries did not like the job but needed money to help Nora.

Fries discovered a way to put Nora into cryo-stasis, hoping to sustain her until a cure could be found. Boyle attempted to have her brought out of stasis, overruling Fries' frantic objections. A struggle ensued, in which Boyle kicked Fries into a table full of chemicals and he was left for dead. He survived, but his body temperature was lowered dramatically, and from then on he could only live at sub-zero temperatures, forced to wear a special refrigerating suit to stay alive.

VS.

The "Batman"s Mr. Freeze:

A simple crook who was pursued by the Batman one night after a jewelry heist. Running into a cryogenics lab, he was knocked into one of the freeze chambers and electrocuted as his body was frozen. The experience somehow turned him into a quasi-undead being that constantly generated extreme cold around him; he was forced to wear a special suit (developed by a cryogenicist he coerced into working for him) to prevent him from freezing everything he comes in contact with. He could also (presumably) channel/focus his abilities, however.

I mean....are you kidding me?

The reason I'm using Mr. Freeze is b/c that's the only episode of TB that I was able to tolerate.

I mean i'm all about updating Batman for a newer generation, but THIS show and their 're-imagination' goes too far. It's the Schumacker of animated Batman. :mad:

The only episode you can stand? How it that possible when it's one of the worst episodes of the show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"