The Resident Evil Thread

My perfect Resident Evil story: All the gravity and chaos of Resident Evil 6, with villains like Saddler, Salazer, Krauser, and Bitores Mendez being behind it all. I loved the over the topness of 4's villains and the tone of 6's story. Blend them and I'd be in RE heaven.

This game cleaned up incredibly well. Im stunned at how good it looks, which I shouldn't be as I feel the same about the REmaster. The game is still RE 0 though, which IMO was one of the weaker entries. Still cool to have this along side the REmaster on my console though

They've aged quite well visually. All of the RE games have, really, outside maybe the very first game, but RE2 and RE3 both look really good compared to a lot of other PS1 titles of the time.

I will say you can tell what a difference having the original image files make with Zero. REMake HD's backgrounds didn't look bad per say, but they were definitely less sharp and seemed a little off filter in places. Zero HD's backgrounds look pretty incredible. Being able to play the game properly in widescreen is another great bonus due to that as well.

EDIT: A quick tip for those who are playing for the first time or haven't played for awhile. I had totally forgotten about until I just got to it, but keep the hookshot handy as much as possible. I seem to remember you needing that way later in the game, and if you drop it you have to backtrack like way, way back in the game. God, Zero's inventory management system was some straight ass.

Last edited:
I will say you can tell what a difference having the original image files make with Zero. REMake HD's backgrounds didn't look bad per say, but they were definitely less sharp and seemed a little off filter in places. Zero HD's backgrounds look pretty incredible. Being able to play the game properly in widescreen is another great bonus due to that as well.

VERY true.

I've often been a defender of Zero and all, but replaying the remaster now definitely makes me remember just how annoying it can be.

It's about trial and error IMO.
I never completed the game the first time around. I pretty much gave up on it at the point I am now.
I'm saving at every event I can after gaining a new item and this for 2 reasons:
1. Because it's difficult.
2. Because I have Zero (pun intended) interest in backtracking and going over the tedious inventory system again, just to do what I did before.

The game isn't fun. It feels like hard work, which I suppose adds to the challenge... but the biggest challenge for me is not deleting the thing from my system!

I still think it's pretty fun, just has a lot of flaws that drag it down.

I forgot about those damn random leech monster things. **** them.

It just never captured me the way the REmake did, but overall I enjoy it.

I can't do it. I just can't :waa:

I just don't have the patience or the strength...not to mention the ammunition.

It's kind of amazing really how one botched mechanic can really bring a whole package down. This game would've been much better if the partner mechanic would have been tweaked or maybe even taken out with partner heavy puzzles reworked in some fashion. Still, not a bad game, though. I am enjoying my replay pretty well.

EDIT: I will give credit to Zero in that it did attempt something new to a formula that was getting rather stale by the time it came out. Didn't really work, but you know, props for effort and all, I guess.

Last edited:
I never played this game when it came out but since I had so much fun playing the original Resident Evil on the new consoles, I decided to try this one for the first time.

I like it so far, some parts have been pretty hard but I think I have made pretty good progress thus far since I just downloaded it in the afternoon.

I think switching back and forth between characters while also having a duo operate much of the time is a nice variation from the Resident Evil games I played when I was young, I only played RE 1, 2 and 3 though. Never any of the others which is why I was excited to see some new environments.

The Training Building is like a poor man's Mansion but the Train was cool.

I'll play this more tomorrow but it's not much worse than the original so far besides those monsters that look like tree vines, they seem impossible to kill so I just ran around it when it was necessary to encounter one.

I'm not very good at video games but I haven't been having too much trouble so far but maybe I'm not far enough yet. I am worried that ammo will be scarce from dumping rounds early in the game

Finished Zero earlier. I had forgotten several things about the narrative, especially the really random [blackout]appearance of Tyrant and the lab area from RE2 that makes no real sense for being there[/blackout]

I think I like it a little less than I did back in the day to be honest haha. It's still not awful, though, better than Code Veronica and RE3 as far as the "classic" series goes I would say. Need to play Leech Hunter and Wesker Mode. I don't remember Leech HUnter at all from the original game.

PlayStation 4, PC
Umbrella Corps launches May, new trailer
Published 5 mins ago. 1 comment.

Resident Evil 4 and 5 maps unveiled.

Umbrella-Corps-May_01-26-16.jpg

Umbrella Corps will launch for PlayStation 4 and PC via download this May in North America and Europe, and May 12 in Japan, Capcom announced.
The Resident Evil-themed multiplayer shooter will support one to six players. Though the majority of modes are geared towards competitive team battles, there is a single-player mode called “The Experiment” that helps players familiarize themselves with the world of Umbrella Corps in more than 20 missions with various objectives. It is described as a “coliseum style horde-like mode” that “strips players of the Zombie Jammer device that provides perilous protection in multiplayer modes,” pitting players against waves of progressively harder creatures across multiple missions.

Capcom also announced that in addition to the previously announced Umbrella Laboration map, the famed Village from Resident Evil 4 has been retooled for multiplayer matches that escalate to the rooftops, and the Tricell Organization from Resident Evil 5 has a newly imagined headquarters to explore. There are also stage-specific threats, like the Ganados from Resident Evil 4 and the Cerberus dogs from Resident Evil 5.
Watch a new trailer below.

[YT]DAcM--5yZoE[/YT]
View a set of screenshots at the gallery.
visit gallery »

Read More

PC, PlayStation 4, Capcom, Clips, Screenshots, Trailers, Umbrella Corps
source: Gematsu

As a big fan of RE1 back in the PS1 days, is the double pack of Origins and zero worth getting for the PS4?

REMake HD is a full on remake of the first game that was original released on the Gamecube. It is seen, by most people, as sort of the perfection of the "classic" style of RE.

Zero HD is...okay. It's basically bogged down by several issues such as the partner system that makes item management even more of a hassle than it was in the "classic" RE to begin. It's still a solid game overall, though, if you enjoy the "classic" style of RE.

So, in short, I would say yeah it's worth it

REMake HD is a full on remake of the first game that was original released on the Gamecube. It is seen, by most people, as sort of the perfection of the "classic" style of RE.

Zero HD is...okay. It's basically bogged down by several issues such as the partner system that makes item management even more of a hassle than it was in the "classic" RE to begin. It's still a solid game overall, though, if you enjoy the "classic" style of RE.

So, in short, I would say yeah it's worth it

Thanks for the info, as long as the remaster of RE1 is worth that's all I care about. Never played Zero before so the changes probably won't bother me.

Loved RE1 on the original PS though, one of my favourite games ever.

There's no changes to Zero's gameplay, it was just different already (no item boxes, you had to drop items and such). If you really only care about REMake HD, you can actually buy it separately for $20 digitally.

There's no changes to Zero's gameplay, it was just different already (no item boxes, you had to drop items and such). If you really only care about REMake HD, you can actually buy it separately for $20 digitally.

Ah, not sure you can buy them seperately in the UK, I will have to check, but they come as a bundle here as far as I can tell.

Ah, not sure you can buy them seperately in the UK, I will have to check, but they come as a bundle here as far as I can tell.

Resident Evil HD came out last year, long before a bundle was even offered

If you've never played the Resident Evil REmake, I f'ing envy you, what a damn treat you are in for, especially if you claim to be a big fan of the classic RE1 game. The REmake is a survival horror masterpiece that has still yet to be rivaled.

I'm hoping RE2 make will surpass it, for obvious reasons...

But, I'm sadly doubtful - which is understandable, right?

:waa:

Expect to see Leon and Claire lobbing grenades and running up walls - Matrix style...

I don't know, maybe not. There seems to be an audience for the older style, both REMake and Zero HD have been successful, though not nearly as successful the newer style. It'll depend a lot on what kind of game it is. If they're going all out and making it an AAA project, it'll be more in the newer style, but if they're deciding to do a smaller project with less of a budget they may go for the "classic" style.

I wanna play 0 and the Gamecube REmake so bad. They're making another remake for the first one, though. That's odd.

Still need to play Revelations 1 & 2, Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles, RE: Gaiden and I still need to complete RE: Outbreak - File #2, as well as Operation: Raccoon City. Yup. Oh, and that Mercenaries Vs. for PSP/Vita or whatever. I know, I know... Can't play all games. But I can try.

Also a free to download Gameboy adaptation of the first RE out there on the interwebs. It was never released for GB bc it was too simple, but it's out there for free. No copyright or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"