Why Naruto?

Tsunulia

Queen of the Kitties
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why Naruto is so great? I started watching the beggining of the series and I didn't really care too much. Everyone raves about it but I just don't see the epic greatness. I see that it has a different storyline than what we're used to, but I just can't get into it. Anyone care to tell me why they think it's so great?

I don't know if I can tell you why it's so great, maybe it's the characters. Yeah, it's the characters and the character development. But I will say that the show gets old after awhile. I started enjoying it less and less because story arcs take forever to end and the format starts to become repetative I think. Granted, I watched a ton of it before I began to think this.

I agree on it's slowness. I think it takes longer for Naruto stories to develop than Dragonball Z (excluding the Goku vs Freiza eps.....5 minutes took 10 eps lol)

Its a fun and entertaining show. The characters are cool and entertaining.

Naruto is the ultimate under-dog, I love him.

Plus the show has some pretty brutal and dramatic moments to it every now and again. Along with the comedy.

Are the Japanese voices any better than the English voices, cuz I find Naruto's English voice to be annoying.

Tsunulia said:
Are the Japanese voices any better than the English voices, cuz I find Naruto's English voice to be annoying.
It should be noted that I've yet to see a GOOD or at least NOT BAD English dub... And I can tell you that you are better watching the Anime in Japanese...

And seriously, go Mexican dub!

Concerning the thread...

Naruto is great because it has a great story.. it moves slow because Naruto wroks better in Manga.... The Manga is short and is done Weekly and you don't have many pages, but it's still great like any other comic..

Also the characters... I've grown fond with a lot of the secondary characters, which in my opinion are better than Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.. Rock Lee, Gaara and even freaking Chouji are awesome..

If you liked Dragonball(original, non-z type) you will like Naruto in all its greatness...

If you liked better Dragonball Z you are better with Bleach... OMG it's so awesome!

Corinthian™ said:
It should be noted that I've yet to see a GOOD or at least NOT BAD English dub... And I can tell you that you are better watching the Anime in Japanese...

Ok let's see:

Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
Golden Boy
Fullmetal Alchemist
Miyazaki movies

Naruto is great because it has a great story.. it moves slow because Naruto wroks better in Manga.... The Manga is short and is done Weekly and you don't have many pages, but it's still great like any other comic..

I actually find most quality manga to be better than the most popular mainstream American comics.

If you liked better Dragonball Z you are better with Bleach... OMG it's so awesome!

I sort of see Naruto as a more improved Dragon Ball Z. Its not quite as stupid and ridiculous. Its more sensical.

I see DBZ as DBZ and Naruto as Naruto.

I'm kinda tired of the comparison. They're nothing a like, in my opinion.

TheVileOne said:
Ok let's see:

Cowboy Bebop
Wolf's Rain
Golden Boy
Fullmetal Alchemist
Miyazaki movies
I'll give ya Cowboy Bebop.. the others I have not seen in English

Wolf's Rain and Fullmetal Alchemist I saw in spanish.. but it was a dub from Chile, so it wasn't good..

who did Cowboy Bebop, by the by?

Corinthian™ said:
I'll give ya Cowboy Bebop.. the others I have not seen in English.

So you obviously aren't qualified to make such illegitimate statements as the one you did earlier. Unlike you I've watched these shows in both Japanese and English, so I am more of an authority and qualified to make an argument than you are. Why? Because I did my research.

In the real world, things are not going to fly unless you have proof to back it up.

who did Cowboy Bebop, by the by?

The show was distributed by Bandai Ent. in the US. The English version was produced by Animaze and ZRO Limit. Mary McGlynn (voice of Julia) was the English ADR director. Marc Handler was the ADR writer.

McGlynn is currently directing and acting for the English version of Naruto.

Out of curiosity Vile One, do you have all this memorized or do you reference it?

TheVileOne said:
So you obviously aren't qualified to make such illegitimate statements as the one you did earlier. Unlike you I've watched these shows in both Japanese and English, so I am more of an authority and qualified to make an argument than you are. Why? Because I did my research.

In the real world, things are not going to fly unless you have proof to back it up.

The show was distributed by Bandai Ent. in the US. The English version was produced by Animaze and ZRO Limit. Mary McGlynn (voice of Julia) was the English ADR director. Marc Handler was the ADR writer.

McGlynn is currently directing and acting for the English version of Naruto.

Mmmh..

I've never heard of Golden boy either way... Some Anime I've watched in Spanish and a lot in english.. and it sucks.. seriously... Cowboy beebop was nice, but from there I can't say there is more...

but I think you have to concider that

a) US does not need a lot of dubbing, concidering that Hollywood is in english..

b) Most of Mexican tv in prime time is actually american, so you need GOOD dubbing for the audience (specially in cartoons, because we don't have Mexican cartoons) and we have dubbed since, well, since we have T.V.

c) Mexico Dubs for all america... Most of the Movies with Will Smith, Bruce Willis and other big stars are dubbed in Mexico, and each big star has their own Dubbing counterpart... Actually, everything Will Smith has done since "Fresh Prince" with the exception of Bad Boys has been done by the same Dubbing actor... that's how hard core we are:)

so, in closing.. I'm very picky

Corinthian™ said:
Mmmh..

I've never heard of Golden boy either way... Some Anime I've watched in Spanish and a lot in english.. and it sucks.. seriously... Cowboy beebop was nice, but from there I can't say there is more...

You seem to watch anime more in Spanish. I've yet to see you give any examples for ones you have watched in English.

but I think you have to concider that

a) US does not need a lot of dubbing, concidering that Hollywood is in english..

I wonder what those SAP buttons on our remotes are for.

b) Most of Mexican tv in prime time is actually american, so you need GOOD dubbing for the audience (specially in cartoons, because we don't have Mexican cartoons) and we have dubbed since, well, since we have T.V.

OK. So, I mean, doesn't that mean in America we need GOOD English or acting as it were?

c) Mexico Dubs for all america... Most of the Movies with Will Smith, Bruce Willis and other big stars are dubbed in Mexico, and each big star has their own Dubbing counterpart... Actually, everything Will Smith has done since "Fresh Prince" with the exception of Bad Boys has been done by the same Dubbing actor... that's how hard core we are:)

Yes I've read about this. And then there are a few actors that dub themselves into multiple languages like Jean Reno and Jackie Chan. Bi-lingual as it were.

I'm not sure what it has to do with anime though.

Tsunulia said:
Out of curiosity Vile One, do you have all this memorized or do you reference it?

The Bebop stuff I know.

TheVileOne said:
You seem to watch anime more in Spanish. I've yet to see you give any examples for ones you have watched in English.

I wonder what those SAP buttons on our remotes are for.

OK. So, I mean, doesn't that mean in America we need GOOD English or acting as it were?

Yes I've read about this. And then there are a few actors that dub themselves into multiple languages like Jean Reno and Jackie Chan. Bi-lingual as it were.

I'm not sure what it has to do with anime though.

It has to do to the fact that Anime is dubbed and I rather like my anime well done

1... In order to be good at something you have to develop that something.. Tell me, browse around your channels and tell me how many of the programs are dubbed? How many aren't? There's the difference... America may have some dubbing, but it's not good...

2.. About the anime I've watched in English.. there are few...

Yuyu Hakusho
Ruronin Kenshin
Dragonball/Z/GT
Naruto
Digimon
Escaflowne
.hack
Kikaider
Trigun
Bebop
Cyborg 009
Many Gundams
Pokemon
Yu Gi OH:-)()
Sailormoon
Samurai Warriors

ughh.. and there are more.. MANY more... that's like less than half of what I know

Corin is my Rock Lee...

Does this make me Gaara
:eek: :o

Corinthian™ said:
It has to do to the fact that Anime is dubbed and I rather like my anime well done

1... In order to be good at something you have to develop that something.. Tell me, browse around your channels and tell me how many of the programs are dubbed? How many aren't? There's the difference... America may have some dubbing, but it's not good...

Dubbed in what? Spanish or from Japanese into English? Virtually all anime on American TV is. And Canadian TV :p .

2.. About the anime I've watched in English.. there are few...

Yuyu Hakusho
Ruronin Kenshin
Dragonball/Z/GT
Naruto
Digimon
Escaflowne
.hack
Kikaider
Trigun
Bebop
Cyborg 009
Many Gundams
Pokemon
Yu Gi OH:-)()
Sailormoon
Samurai Warriors

Ok, so Bebop and Trigun both had very quality dubs. I think a good number of the other ones are decent enough, but they aren't horrible.

Tsunulia said:
Can someone explain to me why Naruto is so great? I started watching the beggining of the series and I didn't really care too much. Everyone raves about it but I just don't see the epic greatness. I see that it has a different storyline than what we're used to, but I just can't get into it. Anyone care to tell me why they think it's so great?

its a DBZ ripoff, its mediocre at best.

Tsunulia said:

I refuse to watch the English-dubbed version of the show because I know I'd hate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"