Why Naruto?

oakzap425 said:
...Naruto = Harry Potter?

Someone kill me now, please...

I see parallels with them? What's the big deal?

Why do you have to be such a drama queen?

TheVileOne said:
I see parallels with them? What's the big deal?

Why do you have to be such a drama queen?
Voldemort doesn't want small kids in his bed:mad:

Corinthian&#8482 said:
Voldemort doesn't want small kids in his bed:mad:
Hey, Voldemort needed Harry's blood to get a new body, just like Orochimaru needs Sasuke for the same purpose.

Oh and let's see. Voldemort, former student and wizard of Hogwarts, was taught by Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts. Orochimaru, former student and ninja of Konoha. Taught by Sarutobi, the head ninja or hokage.

Both betrayed their "friends" and roots. Both have this unhealthy obsession with SNAKES that they use as their servants.

...Oh Yay...

Damn that Kishimoto for stealing Rawlings style!

I smell a lawsuit... :sniff sniff:

Yep, smells like Miso Ramen-ttebayo!

Seriously, what does "ttebayo" mean? Naruto says it after every sentence.

oakzap425 said:
...Oh Yay...

Damn that Kishimoto for stealing Rawlings style!

I smell a lawsuit... :sniff sniff:

Yep, smells like Miso Ramen-ttebayo!

I don't see stealing or copying. I just see some parallels in the story and characters. Why is that a big deal? People do that for a lot of things.

Plus, its an easy way to describe Naruto. If Harry Potter was a Japanese anime, and instead of young wizards and witches in training it was shinobi and kunoichi . . . it'd be Naruto.

Colossal Spoons said:
Seriously, what does "ttebayo" mean? Naruto says it after every sentence.

It means "that's what I said" or something to that effect. Naruto says it to emphasize his statements because he's loud and talks big like that. So he over-emphasizes his statements that way.

Thanks a bunch :up:

Never thought about the Harry Potter similarities before. Good detective work Vile.

TheVileOne said:
Hey, Voldemort needed Harry's blood to get a new body, just like Orochimaru needs Sasuke for the same purpose.

Oh and let's see. Voldemort, former student and wizard of Hogwarts, was taught by Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts. Orochimaru, former student and ninja of Konoha. Taught by Sarutobi, the head ninja or hokage.

Both betrayed their "friends" and roots. Both have this unhealthy obsession with SNAKES that they use as their servants.
I've seen the references and I believe that Naruto is kinda like Harry potter...

but seriously, Orochimaru is the Michael Jackson, ninja style

Who couldn't look at Orochimaru when he was young and just know he was either gonna be evil....or molest children.

Colossal Spoons said:
Who couldn't look at Orochimaru when he was young and just know he was either gonna be evil....or molest children.
but he seemed so normal when he was a kid:down:(

Corinthian™ said:
I've seen the references and I believe that Naruto is kinda like Harry potter...

but seriously, Orochimaru is the Michael Jackson, ninja style
Well at least you are willing to come and admit the parallels.

While some *others* are being testy about it.

...No I'm not. I just don't compare it to anything. I don't compare a lot of things.

So sue me...

I won't sue you.

I'll torture you with mangenkyou.

I don't think dragon ball z and naruto are alike, but during the pacing of the fights. I think that Naruto is a better show because of the characters in it like kakashi, sasuke, and shakamaru. The reality of it all jsut makes it more interesting to me.:)

Naruto would be interesting if the cut down on the flashbacks by at least 75%. Granted most animes have constant flashbacks but I find Naruto would benefit better without the long flashbacks, both in the manga and anime.

For example the Bridge Village in the Mist has too many flashbacks: The guy with the huge sword and the other kid keep having their own flashback; then when Sasuske is taken down Naruto gets angry and has his own flashback about his relationship with Sasuske(when Sasuske got shot through with all those medical needles he takes a long time to fall down and there are a crapload of flashbacks). There are many more flashbacks in this arc but let me move on.

The flashbacks in this story are long, unbelievably tedious, and overdone. It tries my patience. Just fight already! No need to have a flashback about the time you said you stabbed your hand and said you weren't going to give up your dream to be the next Hokage. Just fight and talk later. Quit with the flashbacks. That's my main grievance with this show; without the flashbacks, which can take at least a third of the episode time, this show would grab me a lot more.

Worst flashback: Ino and Sakura during their fight in the Chuunin exam.

The Fonz said:
Naruto would be interesting if the cut down on the flashbacks by at least 75%. Granted most animes have constant flashbacks but I find Naruto would benefit better without the long flashbacks, both in the manga and anime.

For example the Bridge Village in the Mist has too many flashbacks: The guy with the huge sword and the other kid keep having their own flashback; then when Sasuske is taken down Naruto gets angry and has his own flashback about his relationship with Sasuske(when Sasuske got shot through with all those medical needles he takes a long time to fall down and there are a crapload of flashbacks). There are many more flashbacks in this arc but let me move on.

The flashbacks in this story are long, unbelievably tedious, and overdone. It tries my patience. Just fight already! No need to have a flashback about the time you said you stabbed your hand and said you weren't going to give up your dream to be the next Hokage. Just fight and talk later. Quit with the flashbacks. That's my main grievance with this show; without the flashbacks, which can take at least a third of the episode time, this show would grab me a lot more.
Without the Flashbacks there would be no Third season of Naruto.

They started to make the Anime too soon for the Manga and the Manga format is 16 pages long.

It's just they need to spread out the story for the Manga.

Just like Bleach, I didn't like the show as much as I thought I would.. I also hate how Sasuke gets all this praise and how Naruto is this "Ultimate Underdog".

The English Voices are good..but thats just an opinion

Dorian Gray said:
Just like Bleach, I didn't like the show as much as I thought I would.. I also hate how Sasuke gets all this praise and how Naruto is this "Ultimate Underdog".

The English Voices are good..but thats just an opinion
Naruto's a whiney *****, Sasuke needs to be killed. Rock Lee For the Win

the show should be named Konoha's Green Beast: Rock Lee, Fuzzy Eyebrows Platonic!

^I second that wholeheartedly. With a heap of Neji in front of the camera too.

Colossal Spoons said:
^I second that wholeheartedly. With a heap of Neji in front of the camera too.
neji should be the rival of Rock Lee. Both of them having great styles and killing each other off...

Aw, I don't want either of them to die :( They can keep beating Sasuke to within an inch of his life, have Tsunade heal him, then do it again....FOR ALL ETERNITY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"