The Dark Knight Rises Why no new batsuit?

You know now that I think about it, did he even use the grapnel gun in TDK? I know he had it on him during the Scarecrow scene but I don't think I ever saw him use it.

He used it loads of times. He used it to knock down the hostages when Gordon's snipers opened fired on them, he used it against the SWAT team, to get around the Prewitt building, and he used it to catch the Joker.

http://movies.homeofthenutty.com/displayimage.php?album=45&pid=45986#top_display_media

http://screenmusings.org/TheDarkKnight/pages/The-Dark-Knight-2742.htm

http://screenmusings.org/TheDarkKnight/pages/The-Dark-Knight-2801.htm

Last edited:
And in the garage scene to save the fake Batman from the dogs.

Lol, Bale looked so awkward in the BB suit with his TDK weight. Still love that scene though. To me that's an example of one of the better Batman fight scenes. It was fast, brutal, and I could see everything.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a great shot. Too bad that's the last time that suit looks good. In the bank vault he looks like a duck because the mask and nose are so bad. Then on the MCU roof top it's the most unintimidating Batman look yet. Something about the way that scene is shot just makes Batman look small and unimposing. He looks like a little kid as the camera sweeps around as Dent and Gordon talk.

Lol, Bale looked so awkward in the BB suit with his TDK weight. Still love that scene though. To me that's an example of one of the better Batman fight scenes. It was fast, brutal, and I could see everything.

I thought he looked fine. why do you think it was awkward? actually I think it was even less awkward than bb

The remote control Tumbler entrance is excellent. So is the gun barrel bending device, his wraith like skill. Throwing the thug's head against the railing shows Batman's efficient brutality, and hitting the side of the pillar shows his humanity. The little moment where he recovers, composes himself and jumps seals the deal. The fact the truck stopping due to his impact doesn't make a lot of sense, or that Batman jumps and lands on a different angle doesn't ruin anything. The scene captures the right atmosphere.

That's my favorite "Batman first appearance" by far. If someone didn't have any idea who Batman was that's the clip I'd show them to understand the character in a nutshell.

The remote control Tumbler entrance is excellent. So is the gun barrel bending device, his wraith like skill. Throwing the thug's head against the railing shows Batman's efficient brutality, and hitting the side of the pillar shows his humanity. The little moment where he recovers, composes himself and jumps seals the deal. The fact the truck stopping due to his impact doesn't make a lot of sense, or that Batman jumps and lands on a different angle doesn't ruin anything. The scene captures the right atmosphere.

Nice all-round description. :up:

This might sound a bit weird, but I've always liked the way in which BaleBat lumbers his way towards the railing after recovering from hitting the pillar. Calling the BB suit "animalistic" is spot on.

The lead up to that scene is also epic. You've got the Bat-signal in the sky, some cooks get a look at it and get scared off "Nah man. I don't like tonight". Mayor Garcia talking about Batman's presence in Gotham on GCN, Ramirez and Wuertz's cheeky comments about closing in on The Batman. Yeah, just a great intro into the garage scene.

Not to mention Gordon at the batsignal.

Ramirez: "So he hasn't shown up?"
Gordon: "He often doesn't. But I like reminding everyone that he's out there"
Ramirez: "Why wouldn't he come?"
Gordon: "Hopefully because he's busy"

Not to mention Gordon at the batsignal.

Ramirez: "So he hasn't shown up?"
Gordon: "He often doesn't. But I like reminding everyone that he's out there"
Ramirez: "Why wouldn't he come?"
Gordon: "Hopefully because he's busy"

No doubt. :up:

You know now that I think about it, did he even use the grapnel gun in TDK? I know he had it on him during the Scarecrow scene but I don't think I ever saw him use it.

never used batarangs in tdk though. that bothered me. and why he didnt use his ninja skills to sneak up on harvey at the end

never used batarangs in tdk though. that bothered me. and why he didnt use his ninja skills to sneak up on harvey at the end

Technically he does. Batman gets the drop on Harvey right before the coin lands in his hand to determine Gordon's son's fate.

The lack of batarangs was too bad, especially because I thought he would have used them in TDKR.

a new suit with permanent white eyes like tdk would have been perfect. hopefully they do that with bb. they should have enough cgi power to do that now.

hopefully they included it in bb.

Bruce not getting a new suit in Rises made sense given where the plot went. He had been out of the game for so long, after TDK he vanished. He probably went back home to the cave, took the suit off and put it away. The batcave would have been finished by then, but he didn't have any new vehicles. Just the batpod, and The Bat was given by Fox later to try and excite him.

With TDK and TDKR, this is the Dark Knight suit.

Bruce not getting a new suit in Rises made sense given where the plot went. He had been out of the game for so long, after TDK he vanished. He probably went back home to the cave, took the suit off and put it away. The batcave would have been finished by then, but he didn't have any new vehicles. Just the batpod, and The Bat was given by Fox later to try and excite him.

With TDK and TDKR, this is the Dark Knight suit.

I feel a new batsuit would have complemented the batwing in the film. that was basically my reasoning for making this thread.

I wish they would have gone back to the "Begins" suit in TDKR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"