The Dark Knight Rises Why no new batsuit?

Well let us see. Batman has been out of commission for 8 years. No need for a suit.
wat I have been saying in this thread was about how there came the batwing (even though batman wasn't around for 8 years) so there could have came a new batsuit with maximum protection as well.

Hmm because Bane wouldn't of been able to beat him to a pulp (thats if the new suit would of had harder armour) and talia stab scene wouldn't of happened. i personally thought they made that suit to make him more vulnerable anyway .

Hmm because Bane wouldn't of been able to beat him to a pulp (thats if the new suit would of had harder armour) and talia stab scene wouldn't of happened. i personally thought they made that suit to make him more vulnerable anyway .

then they could/should have wrote the ending differently, and maybe have bruce discover the new suit after the mother of all beatings, when he returns for his 2nd fight, and that's when lucius shows it to him

I loved that they kept the TDK suit because the nit picky complaints it used to get were ridiculous. Same with the Begins suit. People used to call it too fat. "Teh puffy". They get a slimmer suit and that's too "busy".

It's pretty crazy how universally hated the TDK/R suit seems to be if you go over to the Bats/Supes boards now. You get jumped on big time if you try to defend it.

As I've been saying in the Burton threads lately...it's all about how you shoot and light the suit.

One of the things i learned browsing the internet (in all sorts of boards and thematics) is that there is a lot more "fashionistas" than i ever dreamt.

At the same time they have absolutely no idea (nor concern) how to lit it. So the discussions about costumes in the motion pictures universe , ends up being pretty bizarre on movie boards .

Me too. I knew from the moment I saw the first shot of him standing on top of the cop car that a lot of fans would complain about it being too busy, but I instantly loved the looked of it. It looked incredibly badass and felt totally Batman to me.

batman-on-cop-car-the-dark-knight-8276041-1399-2100.jpg

I loved that they kept the TDK suit because the nit picky complaints it used to get were ridiculous. Same with the Begins suit. People used to call it too fat. "Teh puffy". They get a slimmer suit and that's too "busy".

I've always liked the TDK suit. The only part I'm a bit iffy about are the legs, which do look kind of puzzly, but overall it's a great suit. I love that he can actually move his head in it. :awesome:

I've always liked the TDK suit. The only part I'm a bit iffy about are the legs, which do look kind of puzzly, but overall it's a great suit. I love that he can actually move his head in it. :awesome:

I think the suit is great too but I think storywise it would have been better to have a new one

I love all the film bat suits, from the '89 suit to The Dark Knight. I think they were all really well done. The only ones I didn't like was the blue nippled Clooney suit and that ridiculous silver "ice proof" armor in Batman and Robin.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get a new suit for TDKR. From film to film for the past 20 years it was like a traditional thing. One of the very first pieces of promotional material would be Batman's new suit, Batman's new vehicle and Batman's new toys. I still remember how excited I was when they first revealed the Begins suit picture where he's crouching on the rail in Arkham in 2004, or the Dark Knight suit where was standing on the squad car outside the MCU. That always makes for an exciting time and sort of sets the image and tone for that particular film.

TDKR had none of that. I remember holding out hope when they showed pictures/video of the Pittsburgh fight between Batman and Bane, but nope, never happened. Sure, from a story perspective, it might have been frivolous to introduce a new suit, but they did a good job of incorporating that concept in The Dark Knight? Batman is always looking for the latest in technology and upgrading his gear, 8 years later should have made no difference. Not when,

- In The Dark Knight, Bruce gave Fox some sketches and Fox had it done lickety-split

- Fox has "the Bat" for him

- Batcave is all decked out

- Bane beat the bad place out of Batman and presumably took all of his gear

Would have been perfect for Fox to be like, "I've got just the thing" after he busts him out, or have a situation where it was needed. If Fox was making all these other Tumblers (let's remember, the Tumbler in Begins was in proto stages, not mass production), EMP guns, etc. What would stop him from making his own updates to the TDK suit? Seems like the sort of thing he'd do, especially when he encourages Bruce to come out of retirement. While it was cool to see the Batbunker again, I thought that was kind of lame and lazy that he some how utilized it for "spares". If you're going to go with the idea that he's been stripped of everything but the Bat. Thats he's lost everything from his butler to his wealth, then depict that with Batman. I think it would have been cool and appropriate to the story if Batman emerged for the "war" in a sort of streamlined, bare bones version of the suit. I'm not talking about him looking like Brian Douglas or any of those guys, but a really, well done "the people's Batman" for the climax of the film. Maybe something more like that statue at the end?

I dunno, something to say, "look, this is the TDKR Batman". Every film Batman has a specific "look" EXCEPT TDKR. I'm all about visual identity for the films, so even though I love the Dark Knight suit, I don't think I would have been against another Nolan costume. Batman's image is all about the costume and toys, like a sort of branding for each film.

Batman

- '89 armor, rough around the edges
- Batmobile
- Batwing

- nifty grapple gun (first time appearance instead of a "silk rope w/Batarang")

Batman Returns

- new streamlined, pristine armor
- Batmissile
- Batskiboat

- remote batarang

Batman Forever

- Panther suit
- Sonar suit
- new batmobile
- Batplane

- sonar batarang

Batman and Robin

- blue suit
- Ice suit
- new batmobile
- "Ice hammer"

- ice skates

Batman Begins

- Nomex prototype suit with skimask
- new Bat suit
- new batmobile

- new grapple gun

The Dark Knight

- Beat up Begins suit
- new, armored Bat suit (neck movement, first of it's kind)
- new Batpod vehicle

- sticky bomb gun

TDKR had the BAT and EMP gun, but was missing the new suit. Would have been nice to have. Begins had the "teh puffy" suit/Tumbler combo. Dark Knight had the TDK suit/Batpod combo. TDKR could have had the "TDKR suit"/The Bat combo.

Last edited:
I liked the use of the sticky bomb gun in TDK but was glad they ditched it for Rises.

I lol'd at seeing "ice skates" among the Bat gadgets.

Yeah, Batman could have grappled Bane's mask off or something.

That's one thing I love about the Batman '89, the Animated series and even the Arkham games. I dig how the grapple gun isn't just used for ascension but for him to grapple enemies towards him.

Yeah, Batman could have grappled Bane's mask off or something.

That's one thing I love about the Batman '89, the Animated series and even the Arkham games. I dig how the grapple gun isn't just used for ascension but for him to grapple enemies towards him.

well the way I see it batman could have keep on punching bane in the face till it broke since, that's usually a place you punch someone when you're fighting them. or he could have launched the spikes at his face the same way he did it to joker. there's clearly tubing there showing that he uses it to breath something, wtf batman?

The Dark Knight

- Beat up Begins suit
- new, armored Bat suit (neck movement, first of it's kind)
- new Batpod vehicle

- sticky bomb gun

Don't forget the razor arm gauntlets that shoot out.

"Perhaps you should read the instructions first" :woot:

Is it me, or did XtremelyBaneful just create this thread to make his opinion superior in that Bruce should've received a new suit when all fingers point to there being NO REASON for a new suit.

Jesus Christ... it's not a plot hole because it doesn't make sense to YOU.

:dry:

You're mad that you didn't get the suit you wanted, that's fine. Time to move on.

This is nearing the stupidity of the people who thought Bruce died in this...

both of these guys are banned and one of them insulted me. anyone know why they had to go?

Don't forget the razor arm gauntlets that shoot out.

"Perhaps you should read the instructions first" :woot:

"No, but I know how you got these!" *schuck* *schuck* *schuck*

I'm even thinking, it would have been cool if they made a sort of amalgamation of the Begins and Dark Knight suit. Like the Dark Knight cowl and gauntlets with the Begins chest armor and cape function or something. Like Bruce arrives back in the city but Talia and Bane have copped most of his arsenal except some loose odds and ends and of course the Bat. So he has to sort of throw his arsenal that's left together and we get this sort of makeshift Batman that's the best of both worlds. That would have been cool, I think.

"No, but I know how you got these!" *schuck* *schuck* *schuck*

I'm even thinking, it would have been cool if they made a sort of amalgamation of the Begins and Dark Knight suit. Like the Dark Knight cowl and gauntlets with the Begins chest armor and cape function or something. Like Bruce arrives back in the city but Talia and Bane have copped most of his arsenal except some loose odds and ends and of course the Bat. So he has to sort of throw his arsenal that's left together and we get this sort of makeshift Batman that's the best of both worlds. That would have been cool, I think.

i always thought it was odd how since bane found out where rnd was that he didn't take a batwing or batsuit armor

It still boggles my mind how the grapnel gun wasn't really used in TDKR. I mean, yeah, it was used offscreen when Batman ropes up the hostage off Bane's goon's bike during his return scene. But clearly Batman didn't have it on him during his first encounter with Bane. They could have had Batman try to rope Bane up or something but as soon as he draw his weapon Bane kicks it out of his hands. It would have worked perfectly to show just how "out of the game" Bruce really was.

Nice list though, Milost.

It still boggles my mind how the grapnel gun wasn't really used in TDKR. I mean, yeah, it was used offscreen when Batman ropes up the hostage off Bane's goon's bike during his return scene. But clearly Batman didn't have it on him during his first encounter with Bane. They could have had Batman try to rope Bane up or something but as soon as he draw his weapon Bane kicks it out of his hands. It would have worked perfectly to show just how "out of the game" Bruce really was.

yes, that exactly, or batman ropes up bane and bane just bursts out of it due to his strength.

milost is a great batman critic

You know now that I think about it, did he even use the grapnel gun in TDK? I know he had it on him during the Scarecrow scene but I don't think I ever saw him use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"