The Dark Knight Why So Serious?

God, could someone please explain what i've missed here!?
I was out watching the simpsons last night (which didnt even have the teaser on it) and i'm reading things about new joker pics, phone calls etc.

It sounds like awesome marketing
Essentially, it was huge scavenger hunt style marketing ploy led by The Joker. It eventually ended with a link to HD teaser trailer. Here's a listing of some of the screenshots of the clues were revealed and deciphered.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=12308710&postcount=110

If you were talked about the 800 number, I just rang it again and it still works; 800 395 9646.

Check out whysoserious.com for some more recap on the day.

joker.gif

Really clever idea. There was a similar (although smaller) campaign with the last series of 24, where you got texts of Jack Bauer, a phone call, and emails from the CTU staff. This Joker thing looks like its been very cool indeed. It really is working, i've never been so excited for a film.
I'm trying to dilute this excitement a bit though, I remember looking to the phantom menace with great enthusiasm and being crushed.

I still find it hilarious that all we got was the same announcement teaser.

Whoa. What if WB DID leak the teaser the day before, as PART of Joker's viral marketing? Like, we get the teaser the day before all this awesome stuff goes down, we work our asses off and go to all these locations and and figure out these codes, just to get what we already had.

Sounds a little Joker-ish to me. One great big joke played on us(even though all the stuff was awesome, wish I was there).

We did get the Joker Knife Picture.

we work our asses off and go to all these locations and and figure out these codes, just to get what we already had.

Sounds a little Joker-ish to me. One great big joke played on us(even though all the stuff was awesome, wish I was there).

Sounds like bad marketing to me. Not very fun to work at something... to get nothing, is it?

"oh, that Joker! made us all get excited and spend three hours to find this teaser we saw yesterday! ha ha ha! what a cad, what a guy, what a maroon!"

Sounds like bad marketing to me. Not very fun to work at something... to get nothing, is it?

"oh, that Joker! made us all get excited and spend three hours to find this teaser we saw yesterday! ha ha ha! what a cad, what a guy, what a maroon!"
You act as if someone forced you to watch the bootleg teaser. :confused:

And the scavenger hunt was badass in itself because it gave us a bit more insight to (hopefully) what type of characterization of The Joker we'll get in the movie.

I'm going to agree with everyone here and say that this is probably the best guerrilla marketing campaign I've ever seen.

Haha, when the person in the phone call said hello I think I said it back. If I didn't have to work yesterday I would've been at Comic-Con.

Pure genius! :woot:

You mean the teaser we weren't supposed to see until after? Hardly their fault it was leaked, most of the fun was in the game anyway

yeah this viral markting it just fits with the joke character.
i really want to know if this was nolans or WB's idea.

And the scavenger hunt was badass in itself because it gave us a bit more insight to (hopefully) what type of characterization of The Joker we'll get in the movie.

I've hear people complain that Nolan's Joker is very reminiscing or the Riddler. I agree with you that it does show what type of person the Joker is.

Exactly, the experience of participating in itself seems like it was lots of fun... Too bad I couldn´t join... And yeah, all the Joker pieces were awesome.

I read that there's a shiny red dot on the updated page. Don't see it. Anybody know what it is and what it leads to?

Exactly, the experience of participating in itself seems like it was lots of fun... Too bad I couldn´t join... And yeah, all the Joker pieces were awesome.
I've called that 800 number at least 10 times. It's in my cell phone. :woot:

:csad:

Has anyone, and if it's been said already I'm sorry, but has anyone speculated that when you move your mouse over that dollar bill and hear "Why So Serious" that it's possibly the voice of Scarecrow? After all he's back in this one...

I was part of the AIM chat and it was alot of fun. Chaotic at times, especially when we lost contact with the ground crew in the middle of it. CFE did a great job organizing it.
That was one crazy chat. It was fun actually, because I could talk about sex without being warned by any of the Mods.

I was part of the AIM chat and it was alot of fun. Chaotic at times, especially when we lost contact with the ground crew in the middle of it. CFE did a great job organizing it.

Yeah, the conversations were great before the clock hit zero, then it was awesome to see everyone work as a team and figureing out the puzzles.

Has anyone, and if it's been said already I'm sorry, but has anyone speculated that when you move your mouse over that dollar bill and hear "Why So Serious" that it's possibly the voice of Scarecrow? After all he's back in this one...

Interesting. I must say, it does indeed sound like Scarecrow.

I'm going to agree with everyone here and say that this is probably the best guerrilla marketing campaign I've ever seen.

Haha, when the person in the phone call said hello I think I said it back.
so did I :o

On the phone call where the guy said, "How many clowns does it take to get a good laugh? 401"

Did anyone think that "401" is April fools day? Should we expect something to be shown then?

On the phone call where the guy said, "How many clowns does it take to get a good laugh? 401"

Did anyone think that "401" is April fools day? Should we expect something to be shown then?

Very possible. Very possible. You genius :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"