Will Hans Zimmer Score Superman?

I think this thread should be closed, as the thread title is very misleading. Zimmer confirmed that he is not scoring the Superman movie, understandly so since he will be too busy with TDKR and he was never approached by Snyder anyways.

Zimmer: Right! John Williams, the greatest living composer -- full stop. And that happens to be one of his greatest themes. So no. And I’m not thinking of rewriting Beethoven’s ninth either. It just sounds like a thankless task, you know? So that’s unequivocally a no. I have never spoken with Zack Snyder.

:up: Zimmer is a smart man.

could it be that he just doesnt have the f... time?

he is signed on at least 3 franchises

could it be that he just doesnt have the f... time?

he is signed on at least 3 franchises

Possibly. If so, he should have said so instead of this 'oh no one can ever score this movie ever' cheap groundless lecture.

I did suggest it from the earlier quotes...

Aww, for **** sake! Another nail in the coffin for the internet and how sceptical one should remain about news and rumors on it. :cmad::csad:
I knew it was too good to be true...

Yeah yeah, just bring in Bates already, Snyder... :whatever:

Well, Zimmer's it's not then.

I think Hirschfelder is more up Superman's alley than Bates. Legend Of The Guardian is surprisingly good and it's way more adventurous and classical than what I think Bates could cook up.

Last edited:
His Score for Airbender was AMAZING
At least something great came from that HORRIBLE film

Well if Hans isn't going to do it.....then THE man himself....JOHN WILLIAMS should be brought back to do the scoring for Snyders' and Nolans' Man Of Steel film and just update his original work along with adding new material....much like what he did for the Star Wars prequels.

I always felt he should have been brought back for Superman Returns anyways.

Well if Hans isn't going to do it.....then THE man himself....JOHN WILLIAMS should be brought back to do the scoring for Snyders' and Nolans' Man Of Steel film and just update his original work along with adding new material....much like what he did for the Star Wars prequels.

I always felt he should have been brought back for Superman Returns anyways.

^This! I would love to see Williams come back and update his original score. Everything Zimmer said was dead on.

No thanks. We already got an update with Superman Returns. I can't fathom why people are hung up on a 30+ year old film.

Every other franchise gets to put out a fresh take, a lot of them to great success, but for whatever reasons some fans here are afraid of that.

Zimmer's Beethoven 9th comment is tricky... any more or less trained musician could throw him a ridiculously big dart back. Hans... they didn't re-write it... but both Bruckner and Mahler wrote Symphonies that went WAY FURTHER than Beethoven's 9th. Same can be done with the Superman score.

honestly speaking........... John William's score of Superman... is kinda corny. I love the music, but it doesn't work nowadays

honestly speaking........... John William's score of Superman... is kinda corny. I love the music, but it doesn't work nowadays

Corny? For a superhero movie? Noooooooo! Whodda thunk that? :woot:

I Think I may stop believing what I read on the internet...nah!

huh? What you say? Aunt May will not transform into Venom?

Reese is NOT the Riddler?

Rumors without a hint of truth running rampant on the internet you say?

:wow:

If Zimmer isn't doing the score, I'm going to plug John Powell's name again. I also would like Don Davis.

^This! I would love to see Williams come back and update his original score. Everything Zimmer said was dead on.

AGREED!

I really don't get some of the people around here.

Why would the use of the John Williams march hinder your enjoyment of a new Superman movie? Sure, it will remind you of the Donner films, but ANYTHING in a new Superman movie will remind you of those movies, unless they change EVERYTHING.

Should we also get rid of the cape, because it was in the Donner films? Should we get rid of Lois Lane? the Daily Planet?

Granted that music was created with and for the Donner films, but EVERY element of Superman was created at some point by some comic, t.v., movie, etc.. Should have Superman's ability to fly been cut out of the Donner films because it would remind people of the May 1943 issue of action comics? Should Lex Luthor no longer be Superman's arch-nemisis because it will remind people of Action Comics #23?

The John Williams theme was an addition to the character, to Superman, that should stick. Just like every other addition to character that has stuck should have stuck. It was better when Superman was given the power to fly. It was better when Lex Luthor became an evil corporate businessman in the late 80's.

People, using the Williams theme will work in a new movie. I have failed to hear any good arguments why it won't.

AGREED!

I really don't get some of the people around here.

People, using the Williams theme will work in a new movie. I have failed to hear any good arguments why it won't.

It's completely different when they use elements from the comics, and different when they use them from a previous movie. The new Batfilms show how you can do everything from scratch. Well, except for the suit, which was still rubber, and if you look well enough, you'll see people complaining about that, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"