Days of Future Past Will they address the Emma Frost plothole?

Reaction score
Ok so we know in X-Men: Origins Wolverine Emma Frost's a kid but in First Class she's an adult.

Will all the time travelling aim to fix that?

I doubt it.

I read somewhere that there was database entry (or something of the sort) on the Origins DVD that answered said plothole.

I was going to reply with a Skrull, but, then I remembered MS has the rights to them.

They already retconned the Emma that appeared in Origins.

They wouldn't explain it anymore.

I have a easier time believing that she was her estranged daughter or something
(the same name an power is kinda to much of a coincidence)

but, no its not something that needs to be addressed

anymore then the reference to quicksilver in that movie (granted he was never mentioned by name, so it's more easily deniable, and can just say he was just a random mutant)

It isn't as big a plothole as bald Xavier walking around in XO:W.

LSDsid In 2011 that silverfox's sister In Origins.Her name Isn't ever mentioned
and no hint of telepathic powers which o me Is more to emma's character
than secondary mutation Morrison Invented.Of course If done by morrison
I hate it:woot:

Fox n bluray feature tried to explain away the errr and Xavier walking as

Emma on mission for magneto made others se her s teenager
Xavier used telepathic projection at end of origins and begining of last Stand.

Emma's not in movie so doudtful It's menioned.

I thought this has been dealt with already.

Hmm that's a minor issue compared to some that came about as a result of Origins:Wolverine and First Class

What "Emma Frost plothole"? It's already been stated that, although Tahnya Tozzi's character was originally intended to be Emma Frost at the time O:W came out, she was never identified as such onscreen or in the film's credits and, with January Jones playing Emma Frost - and being explicitly identified as that character - in First Class, is, canonically, Emma SILVERFOX, the sister of Kayla SILVERFOX and a mutant who just so happens to have a power that is similar to Emma Frost' s 'secondary power'.

They are going to rightfully ignore it. Explaining it will only be a detriment to the film.

What "Emma Frost plothole"? It's already been stated that, although Tahnya Tozzi's character was originally intended to be Emma Frost at the time O:W came out, she was never identified as such onscreen or in the film's credits and, with January Jones playing Emma Frost - and being explicitly identified as that character - in First Class, is, canonically, Emma SILVERFOX, the sister of Kayla SILVERFOX and a mutant who just so happens to have a power that is similar to Emma Frost' s 'secondary power'.

Yeah that's what I thought. Thanks everyone I got the answer I wanted.

I would have like Emma Frost a lot better in FC if she wasn't captured midway in the movie and was actually included in that finale beach battle scene.

speaking of which, will the after credit scene of Magneto breaking Emma out be addressed? will it be mentioned what use he had for her talents or why she is no longer around (I know the ten year gap, give them a lot of leeway. but still)

I hope they will.

That scene made it look like that Emma was gonna be Magneto's 2nd in command and we would see them as the Brotherhood in the 2nd First Class movie.

speaking of which, will the after credit scene of Magneto breaking Emma out be addressed? will it be mentioned what use he had for her talents or why she is no longer around (I know the ten year gap, give them a lot of leeway. but still)

When he aid, he has a use for a telepath, I didn't think they necessarily mean he had a specific task for her, but that they are pretty damn useful in most situations

Maybe Magneto fathered a daughter with FC Emma and put her up for adoption. FC was 1962, Origins was 79 earliest. Sort of fits the time table. Same deal for the chick in the after credit scene in TLS. Moira could have had a kid in Scotland with some other guy, since Xavier was... yeah, a cripple that probably couldn't... perform up to standards. Maybe that kid grew close to Charles. You can explore this crap in a FC3 movie, sort of add more background and history to the movie versions of these characters.

She's not even in DOFP is she? Why would they bother jumping through hoops to explain a plot hole for a character that isn't even in the movie? That in itself would be more confusing than the plot hole.

They won't address it, that's for sure. They aren't even including Emma Frost in DoFP, and we probably won't see the character ever again on screen as it would mean recasting because they won't want to bring back Jones. We saw all we are ever going to get of Emma Frost.

Maybe Magneto fathered a daughter with FC Emma and put her up for adoption. FC was 1962, Origins was 79 earliest. Sort of fits the time table. Same deal for the chick in the after credit scene in TLS. Moira could have had a kid in Scotland with some other guy, since Xavier was... yeah, a cripple that probably couldn't... perform up to standards. Maybe that kid grew close to Charles. You can explore this crap in a FC3 movie, sort of add more background and history to the movie versions of these characters.

I like this idea. I also like to think that Havok (Alex Summers) is actually Cyclops' father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"