The Amazing Spider-Man With Great Power, Comes Great Lounging - Part 10

Spider-Man is my second favorite superhero, but I've just always loved Batman and how fake Bruce Wayne has to be when that's really not him at all. Love that aspect whereas Peter Parker doesn't really have to be fake at all except for holding back his powers when he's not Spidey. Although when it comes to rogues gallery, I think Spidey does have an edge and that's why I agree when Nolan brought up the idea that there aren't that many great villains after you do Joker.

Spider-Man is my second favorite superhero, but I've just always loved Batman and how fake Bruce Wayne has to be when that's really not him at all. Love that aspect whereas Peter Parker doesn't really have to be fake at all except for holding back his powers when he's not Spidey. Although when it comes to rogues gallery, I think Spidey does have an edge and that's why I agree when Nolan brought up the idea that there aren't that many great villains after you do Joker.

Wolverine is definitely my second favorite hero of all time. Not sure about the rest, though I know that Batman would be on my top 5 list, and is no doubt one of my favorites.

Spider-Man has the best rogues gallery of all IMO, Batman being 2nd. Though if he didn't have the Joker, IDK if I would rank it that high. I wish Nolan saved the Joker for the last film instead of the second, but we got TDK and that was awesome, so...

Joker doesn't seem like a villain that would make Bruce look at himself in the mirror and realize it's time to hang things up, though. One reason why I don't think I could stand Bruce retiring with the original plan of the threequel being about Joker and Two-Face. Someone like Bane that had the strength to bring Batman down where he overlooked himself was fine with the ending to TDKR, Joker would not have, imo. Joker, imo, is the reason that makes Batman continue, not retire.

If we're talking villain-wise, I prefer Bane over Joker. Bane has more going for him, and in some ways he isn't entirely irredeemable. The only thing Joker really has going for him is he's balls-to-the-walls crazy and has no conscious. After awhile it gets tiring to see that.

Ideally, I understand why a lot of people love and prefer Joker, but I agree with you; Bane is my personal favorite Batman villain as well as Venom being my personal favorite Spider-Man villain. And Lizard is my second favorite Spidey villain so you know why I don't like films like Batman & Robin, Spider-Man 3 and TAS-M that much because of how the villains could've been treated better.

Even while Bane can still be looked as working for someone as Bane worked for Poison Ivy, Bane was still his own man and not some mumbling monster. He was cunning, powerful and intelligent as Bane should be. Him being part of the LoS and working alongside Talia was never an issue I had because of the idea of Nolan bringing back LoS which, imo, was necessary. Bane was just the added piece that the LoS needed simply put to rival Batman as Ra's couldn't.

Joker is my all time favourite villain. Especially how Mark Hamill's Joker is portrayed (as well as comics, of course, but I haven't read many Batman comics, just read ABOUT them hehe).

Other favourites of mine are Sabretooth (there's something I absolutely love about him! Not the X-Men 1 treatment though), Magneto, Green Goblin, Shocker, Mysterio, Two-Face, Bane, Kraven, Lizard, Doc Ock, Chameleon etc.

Actually, with the exception of Batman villains I really don't like DC villains, or characters overall to be honest. Marvel is so, so much better IMO.

I can't say I like many DC villains besides Batman's rogue gallery either except for Doomsday, Darkseid and Metallo.

Joker is my all time favourite villain. Especially how Mark Hamill's Joker is portrayed (as well as comics, of course, but I haven't read many Batman comics, just read ABOUT them hehe).

Other favourites of mine are Sabretooth (there's something I absolutely love about him! Not the X-Men 1 treatment though), Magneto, Green Goblin, Shocker, Mysterio, Two-Face, Bane, Kraven, Lizard, Doc Ock, Chameleon etc.

Actually, with the exception of Batman villains I really don't like DC villains, or characters overall to be honest. Marvel is so, so much better IMO.

I agree. Its all preference of course, but I have always loved the Marvel characters so much more. I think that the characters feel more grounded and relatable, as opposed to Superman, the Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, etc.

There's something about the characters of DC outside Batman's that feels weird to me. I hate almost every DC character design, it looks like they try too hard to look imaginative and unique to the point it looks unimaginative, pale and fake. There's no charm or coolness. The characters of Marvel look alive and breathing, personal, unique and cool (even the "ugly" ones such as M.O.D.O.K.) whereas the characters of DC look dead and very much like something anyone unprofessional would design.

To make it short, they look very much like stereotypical, unpersonal heroes and villains.

Not only that but there's something about the characters themselves that feels fake as well and I've never been drawn to any of them except for Batman and his world as I said. The characters of Marvel have almost everyone something to love about and feel drawn to.

All this is just my opinion of course, not trying to state it as fact.

To make it short, they look very much like stereotypical, unpersonal heroes and villains.

I agree. Superman is a bit of a different story, since he is the first superhero creation, and is the archetype for all superheroes like Batman, Spider-Man, etc. So I at least respect him, and believe he has an excuse. Doesn't mean I love him though.

With Batman, I feel like he started off so/so. He evolved into one of the greatest characters of all time though.

Am I the only one who hate how lots of medias portray Venom looks wise nowadays? The problem I have is the overuse of tendrils on him all the time. I really dislike that!

I've always thought the tendrils suited Carnage more than Venom.

I've always thought the tendrils suited Carnage more than Venom.

Yeah!

With Venom, I like that it's simple. In this case, less is more. Carnage should be the one with tendrils (not overusing that there either however) and forming weapons etc.

Catwoman did pretty much become a copy of Black Cat.

..I don't really like DC all that much. It's a shame that 'The Big Bang Theory' seems to uphold DC higher than Marvel.

Eh, The Big Bang Theory is a waste of time IMO.

Happy Endings, now that's a great show!

Green Goblin is my all time favorite villain. As for heroes, Spidey is first with Captain America second and DD is third.

For me:

Spider-Man
Batman
Captain America and Iron Man

Spidey and Bats, to me.

Eh, The Big Bang Theory is a waste of time IMO.

Happy Endings, now that's a great show!

I love The Big Bang Theory, though I do hate how they are always showing appreciation for DC characters and not Marvel. I do love that Sheldon is a Trekkie though.

I couldn't watch BBT. To me it's another bad interpretation of nerd. 'We're socially awkward and can't talk to girls, we're really smart, all we do is stay at a comic-book store'. It's just another rehashing of what pop culture thinks nerds are, and it stopped being funny to me.

I hate "nerd culture." I could go on and on about my hatred for it but I'd probably have to make multiple tl;dr posts and I'd probably pop a blood vessel.

You know, its funny but I have met people who fit that "nerd culture" stereotype as shown in TBBT. Has anyone been to Midtown Comics or Forbidden Planet in NYC? lol

I'd really like to go to Midtown Comics some time. Unfortunately I live on the other side of New York. :funny:

I don't live in New York and I don't read comics.

I just watch the movies, shows, read the wikis, and play the games.

You don't live in New York yet your Location says Manhattan, New York City? :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"