Wolverine: Old Man Logan

Oh damnit! I hate that direction he took in ult, and I sure as hell will hate it here.... Thanks for the info man.

If anything he was more evil because he was like Ult Hulk mixed with Professor mixed with the rednecks from Deliverance (he brags about having sex with She-Hulk).

Duuude! What the hell?! Ugh...I've missed the past couple of issues and was hoping to catch up, but no more. I mean what is this? Do they ever explain why Banner became evil? Why he's turned...incestuous? And...do we see or know what happened to Jen? I'm assuming since this is Millar, that Banner raped and murdered her after siring a litter?

Dude went insane after all the villains destroyed the heroes. I mean I would totally lose it too if there was absolutely no hope in the world and I had an angry gamma warhead as brain sharing buddy.

Last edited:
You're assuming that was what drove him loony tunes, nobody ever attributes it to that. Banner says that people said his gamma exposure drove him insane (though for his part, he does not seem to believe it).

Even then, it still seems like a stretch. Because the heroes are dead, Banner becomes a psychotic, cannibalistic, incestuous redneck? Its not a logical leap and is a lazy characterization because it relies on = oh he went crazy! to justify any and all behavior.

Last edited:
Well the fact that he just like went on a killing spree i get. Fact that all it was, was that, kinda bothered me. I don't know, after all the cool stuff we see in the first 5 issues we get this lackluster finale.

My comment is to kguillio.^^^^^^^^^^^^

As for Banner, seriously made no sense at all, No back story for his new found insanity or anything. Just really dumb. Oh and suddenly Banner is super-strong with out hulking out? Makes no sense. Just a horrible final issue.

Last edited:
If anything he was more evil because he was like Ult Hulk mixed with Professor mixed with the rednecks from Deliverance (he brags about having sex with She-Hulk).

4:20 read Millar comics every day.

You're assuming that was what drove him loony tunes, nobody ever attributes it to that. Banner says that people said his gamma exposure drove him insane (though for his part, he does not seem to believe it).

Even then, it still seems like a stretch. Because the heroes are dead, Banner becomes a psychotic, cannibalistic, incestuous redneck? Its not a logical leap and is a lazy characterization because it relies on = oh he went crazy! to justify any and all behavior.

Haha well the man isn't gonna go to the grocery store.

I'm just remembering, didn't he also have Sue and Johnny storm go under cover as a couple in Civil War...?

I'm mildly disappointed. This was a 55 page special that turned out to be 36 pages of story and the rest being sketches and covers. -_____- Honestly i was excepting actual story instead of bonuses that you can get from Graphical novels!

So yeah the story was pretty hilariously gruesome. Wolverine slaughtering everyone and the finale with Banner was.... Eh i was hoping too much but it was hilarious. :D

I counted 32 pages but I may have miscounted. And add to that that there were about 7 splash pages or almost splash pages and we have a crappy page count for... wait for it... FIVE BUCKS!!!

I said it elsewhere and I'll say it again. Every month I find myself more and more excited for december when Dark Reign ends so I can start dropping Marvel titles left and right. They don't care a lick about their customer fanbase and so I'm finding that I don't much care for them.

I enjoyed the ending and the story over all. Old Man Logan was just like a Clint Eastwood flick, and I would definitely read a sequel (which probably will happen). I agree about the page count. There's no reason that this story couldn't have been wrapped up six months ago.

Thats is my biggest issue, why such a long wait to compile covers that were already printed and everyone owned for like 8 months?

Well the fact that he just like went on a killing spree i get. Fact that all it was, was that, kinda bothered me. I don't know, after all the cool stuff we see in the first 5 issues we get this lackluster finale.

My comment is to kguillio.^^^^^^^^^^^^

As for Banner, seriously made no sense at all, No back story for his new found insanity or anything. Just really dumb. Oh and suddenly Banner is super-strong with out hulking out? Makes no sense. Just a horrible final issue.
In fairness to Millar, Bruce Jones did the Super-Banner thing during his Hulk run. Banner's eyes glowed green and he seemed to have the Hulk's strength, but he was otherwise still Banner.

Oh interesting, I didnt know that Corp, well that is kinda silly and pointless.

Yeah, it was kind of silly. I don't think any explanation was given for it, either. Jones just started having Banner manifest different Hulks randomly. Sometimes he'd go savage green Hulk, sometimes gray Hulk, sometimes the more intelligent green Hulk, sometimes Super-Banner, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"