Wolverine vs Spiderman

Guyverjay said:
What ever you say Mr Kettle:up:

Theres a crap load of people spidey cannot beat under normal circumstances

Zeitgeist
Dr Doom
Iron man
Thor
Hulk (he recently beat Hulk but it was a it was lame, a cement truck?)
Hercules
Juggernaut (the fight was a lucky one for webhead)
Prof X
Ice man
Magneto
Etc

...wolverine isnt one of them

dr.doom? iron man,ice man?! i think spidey can take these people down.

thats gay. how bout spidey vs deadpool?

How can anything be "out of character" as many folks here state? It was printed by MARVEL, written and drawn by MARVEL, so what's "out of character"? If folks wanna keep using that phrase then Wolvie shouldn't be as strong as he is these days 'cuz he wasn't so back in the day. Also, the Punisher wasn't a bad ass either in his early days. All I'm saying is that everyone seems to beat everyone as time passes. I don't see why it's so unbelievable that 'X' hero can't beat 'Y' hero. They could have an off day and be beat by an opponent that actually is less powerful.

So.... if Captain America dressed up like Adolf hiter and then blew off the red skull while wiping his ass with the US flag THAT wouldn't be "out of character"?

What about Batman stumbles into a criminial hideout and then takes out an uzi and blows them all away?

The Flash removes a criminals brain killing him

Superman throws a guy into the sun or punches some guys head clean off

Daredevil punches Juggernaut clean out

Would any of that be perfectly acceptable to you if it was published by marvel and DC?

Wolverine beats Lobo in a...whoops already been done:o

Guyverjay said:
So.... if Captain America dressed up like Adolf hiter and then blew off the red skull while wiping his ass with the US flag THAT wouldn't be "out of character"?

What about Batman stumbles into a criminial hideout and then takes out an uzi and blows them all away?

The Flash removes a criminals brain killing him

Superman throws a guy into the sun or punches some guys head clean off

Daredevil punches Juggernaut clean out

Would any of that be perfectly acceptable to you if it was published by marvel and DC?

Wolverine beats Lobo in a...whoops already been done:o

Marvel has done lotsa things that I thought were crap. And some of the things you mentioned I wouldn't put pass them to do in the future. Characters change over time. And apparently so do their power levels (not that I agree with it). Get on with it.

Deadpool187 said:
Yeah, but then there would be no point for whereing a helmate then

You can still be knocked out smart ass, which seems to be all your capable of is making smart ass remarks. A helment protects your skull from being cracked open and you sustaining brain damage. It doesn't mean you CAN'T be knocked out.

As guyverjay stated Wolverine's skeleton gives him the durability, not his physiology. He sure as hell can be knocked out, for how long? Depends on who and how hard he is hit. But I say Pete still has the power to knock his ass out. Depending how would determine for how long.

And yes pete's durability is above a normal humans. :D

Guyverjay said:
Wolvies bones are more durable then spider-mans, everything else isnt. The healing factor makes up for that but that isn't durabilty Mr Kettle

durable:wear-resistant; existing for a long time;serviceable for a long time

Wolverine's healing factor has everything to do with durability, Mr. Needs-to-buy-a-dictionary. :up:

It's more relevant than his skeleton, concerning his durability.

Durability concerns duration.

Wolverine is 130 years old because he has a healing factor.

He continues to exist because of it, through countless beatdowns, burnings, gunshots, etc.

It's what's increased the duration of his existence, and the amount of abuse he can take.

Wolverine's healing factor makes him more durable than Spider-man.

Big Dirty Ogre said:
durable:wear-resistant; existing for a long time;serviceable for a long time

Wolverine's healing factor has everything to do with durability, Mr. Needs-to-buy-a-dictionary. :up:

It's more relevant than his skeleton, concerning his durability.

Durability concerns duration.

Wolverine is 130 years old because he has a healing factor.

He continues to exist because of it, through countless beatdowns, burnings, gunshots, etc.

It's what's increased the duration of his existence, and the amount of abuse he can take.

Wolverine's healing factor makes him more durable than Spider-man.

Mr Kettle, resorting to semantics?

Durability:

Permanence by virtue of the power to resist stress or force

Wolverine organs don't resist stress or force any different than a normal mans does , they simply regenerate from said stress or force quicker

Technically alot of the organs he has now aren't even the ones he was born with. His eyes for example. So they aren't "wear-resistant; existing for a long time;serviceable for a long time" some are simply replaced upon regeneration. Example if wolvie loses a finger and he then regenerates another finger. It isn't the same finger he lost its a NEW finger.

The Thing doesn't have a healing factor, would you say wolverine is more durable then him? What about Mr fantastic? He hasn't got a healing factor either.

Neither of them will live as long as wolverine, what do you say?

Technically a Ghost can't be physically injured at all and it will last a long ass time, does that mean it has a high level of durability?

Wolverine was left hanging in an alley by Spidey..

spidey beats him kill or not kill for 3 reasons. 1) way way stronger, 2)Cant sneak up with spider sense, 3)gymnastic ability with perfect equilibrium. Don't even bring up him getting his arm broke in new avengers that was crap that bendis wrote in to show you can't do it all on your own.

Dr.Fear said:
dr.doom? iron man,ice man?! i think spidey can take these people down.

What the? NO! Ice man is immortal and can kill Spidey easily. Iron man has "superior tech" and Doom is a walking plot-device. He can't win them in normal circumstances.

Deadpool187 said:
Ok what makes his body not normal durabilty wise then?
Spiders have tough exteriors. Exoskeletons.

Suleman said:
What the? NO! Ice man is immortal and can kill Spidey easily. Iron man has "superior tech" and Doom is a walking plot-device. He can't win them in normal circumstances.

I have to agree, I don't know about Iceman being immortal but that's besides the point. Iceman could just freeze the mositure in the air until Pete's lung freeze.

IronMan as mentioned maybe an earlier version but not a chance now. And Doom, give me a break. This guy would give Thanos a hard time.

See thing with iceman is he is chronically underused and miswritten character i think if written right he might be the most powerful x-men besides the telepaths.

Guyverjay said:
QUOTE]

It isn't semantics, it's cut and dry facts.

You're the one employing semantics, when the end result is the same.

Wolverine will last longer because he's got a healing factor.

He can take a beating much better than Spider-man can.

You can post whatever alternate definition of the word you want, what I'm saying fits the basic definition to a tee.

Eat it, fanboy.

Wolverine is tougher, and more durable than Spider-man. He will be around long after Spider-man is dead.

Spider-man was only ever said to have more durable connective tissues than a human being, and even having 5 times the overall durability of a human being wouldn't matter if Juggernaut was beating on you.

That's just bad writing.

A Juggernaut pimp slapping should knock out Spider-man just as easily, if not moreso, and less has floored Spider-man before.

Saying "so has Wolverine...." doesn't change the fact that Spider-man's abilities are as erratic as Wolverine's ever were.

i'm Spider-Man said:
that's scary just THINKING about it...

:rolleyes:

hopefully you understood that it was sarcasm.

If you didn't, that's even scarier. :o

Big Dirty Ogre said:
Guyverjay said:
QUOTE]

You can post whatever alternate definition of the word you want, what I'm saying fits the basic definition to a tee.

Eat it, fanboy.

Wolverine is tougher, and more durable than Spider-man. He will be around long after Spider-man is dead.

Spider-man was only ever said to have more durable connective tissues than a human being, and even having 5 times the overall durability of a human being wouldn't matter if Juggernaut was beating on you.

That's just bad writing.

A Juggernaut pimp slapping should knock out Spider-man just as easily, if not moreso, and less has floored Spider-man before.

Saying "so has Wolverine...." doesn't change the fact that Spider-man's abilities are as erratic as Wolverine's ever were.

Good points and all well taken Orge BUT Wolverine's skin, nerves, tissues etc are the same as a humans. His healing factor of course helps reduce injury and of course repair them much faster than a normal humans. But other than that I THINK IMPO that Wolverine's body should respond much the same way a normal human does.

I mean think about it, you take a knife and run it along a person's skin with pressure they cut and bleed. The same applies to logan, only his skin heals in mere seconds, not days or weeks.

So I am not saying Spider-Man is so much more durable than Wolverine if anything they are equal or pete has a slight edge, not counting the healing factor or adamantium laced bones. I just mean that Logan is just as susectible to being knocked out as pete or a normal human. In terms of taking a beating yes Logan can take a pounding but so can pete.

Wolverine can be killed, if his injuries were extensive enough he would die. The more the severe the injury the longer it takes him to heal from it. Would Pete kill him, no of course not. Could he? Possibly.

As I said earlier I think this is a draw if you are talking the way the characters are protrayed in general. If we are talking what they are really capable of, pete wins if he doesn't hold back. Either by ko or tyring up Logan so he is incapaciatated. :D IMPO

Big Dirty Ogre said:
Guyverjay said:
QUOTE]

Sematics Kettle, semantics

Yeah the end result is wolverine hanging in the air with his fists webbed to his head

I've never said otherwise kettle

Again I never said otherwise Kettle, having a regneration factor helps tremendously

Ahh you see thats the thing about the english language is that words can have more than one definition . The definition for durability that I found fits what I'm saying to a tee. Besides you conviently ignore that Wolverine essentially replaces body parts when regenerating from certain injuries in his history. That flies in the face of your definition

Eat it, fanboy.

From your pic I think you're the most experienced in eating:up:

Yes he will out last spider-man if they both die by natural causes but when you're in the super hero biz its not that cut and dried kettle

That's just bad writing.

Thats great coming from a wolverine fanwanker such as yourself:D. Sorry but its only bad writing if it goes against the status quo (spidey vs Firelord for example I consider to be bad writing. (Oh wait a spidey fanboy shouldn't say should that, guess I'm thrown out the club:rolleyes: ) Spidey has shown time and time again that he can take a beating from people that are vastly stronger than himself. Besides the blows raing down on him from juggy were hardly full strength. You try and hit someone full force when they are on your back and are a quarter of your size kettle

Leave his head ringing? yes, stunned? yes, put on the floor? yes knocked out? I disagree. Besides who cares what you think should happen we only have what did happen Wolvie got knocked spark out, that isn't speculation kettle thats a fact:p

Did I say it did Kettle? But now you bring it up wolvie is the Batman of the marvel universe.

Yep you still never answered any of the questions Mr Kettle

Wow, you even threw in a joke about me being overweight?
How sad is that?
Like I give a crap.

And this "kettle" thing is beginning to make you seem more than a little...............quirky , I guess would be a nice way of putting it.

The other questions you asked are completely irrelavent.

The fact is, durable, in the most basic, original sense, means having the ability to endure.

It doesn't matter if he regrows tissue, blabbity blah blah blah.

Wolverine can take a beating better than Spider-man, for various reasons.

If Hulk punched them both, full force in the face, Wolverine has a much, much better chance of surviving it than Spider-man does.

Wolverine endures injury better than Spider-man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"