Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by FilmNerdJamie, Nov 28, 2012.

1. venus_ice

venus_ice Well-Known Member

This is my hope also. I'm all for him (as well as the other originals) being in this film, but as supporting characters.

Desperate to know of Ellen is coming back. From what I know, she's working on a film now and has nothing lined up after.

2. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

First Class made more money than XO Wolverine internationally.

So we already had the result there.

yes, FC did worse on USA, but it came after two bad recieved movies, so we cant expect it to do better than X3 or XO:W.

some fans find a way to rest importance, but the fact that FC better than Wolverine speaks alone. It could have worked worse, but not just it didnt, but it did better.

So the conclusion is: The world CAN support a movie without Wolverine, the same as one with him. Wolverine is a plus, but isnt the key factor.

3. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

I never said he was a key factor to a good or successful movie, I said he equals money, an X-Men movie with Wolverine makes more than one without him because he's the most popular and iconic character.

4. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Exactly! Wolverine is a money maker and I think if he had a major role in First Class, the movie would have earned more money at domestic box-office.

5. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

what about FC doing better internationally than XO: Wolverine, for example?

:yay:

6. EnSabahNur

EnSabahNur Well-Known Member

Now clearly nothing has been confirmed on who the time traveler will be, but the way the time line for the films has been set up there would be no need for Wolverine to be the time traveler. Wolverine has already been present in FC and Charles is already aware of his existence. So if they want to have Wolverine kick ass in both the future and the past they have him in both the past pre amnesia and in the future as an X-Men.

It would make for a much interesting story for film if they went with Lucas Bishop as the time traveler, where Logan has played more of a mentor/protector role for Bishop. This way here you can have Bishop tell his story to young Charles, which could be why Charles is so interested in Wolverine from the first X-Men film. Also if they did it this way, having the time traveler see past Wolverine may make for an interesting encounter, seeing the grown up Logan we see at the end of X2/X3 to what he was long before that. Also this would make for a sweet team up too and anything could happen in it as Wolverine wont remember it in a few years anyways.

The only reason I could see them sending Wolverine as the time traveler aside from having this a Wolverine focused movie, would be to have the "hilarious" scene of Logan seeing himself in the past and the few lame cracks they could make. I just feel uncomfortable with the thought of the guy who had amnesia being able to be sent back in time.

Who's up for future and past Wolverine teaming up and beating the bad guys together???

7. psyonic

psyonic X-Man

No thanks, I think I'll have my fill of seeing Wolverine beat up bad guys after The Wolverine.

I think they should avoid having two of the same mutant in the same scene. The physical time traveler should not have been around during the FC era so the traveler should be either Kitty or Rogue. If they are doing the mind switch travel, it should be Xavier, which would make sense, being the most powerful psychic. It would give FC era Charles a lot more focus since FC was all about Erik.

8. EnSabahNur

I was being sarcastic but I agree with you. Although I want a new mutant to be the time traveler if it's a physical time traveler we are getting.

9. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

That is one market for one film and a terrible film vs a good film at that. Overall the numbers tell you Wolverine sells tickets.

10. psyonic

psyonic X-Man

Which mutant do you want? The reason I want Rogue is because she got shafted so badly in X3 ahaha .. Kitty I could care less, she didn't make much of an impact in all three previous movies, so maybe DoFP will be her time to shine? Maybe it could be Rachel Summers?

I don't want them to add Cable just because they want to make an X-Force spin-off movie and this is a way to introduce him. He is uninteresting to begin with and he would be too much like a Terminator type hero.

11. JP

JP Smelly

12. EnSabahNur

I would love to see Bishop.

13. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

14. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

Wolverine with ether be time traveler or play major role In future part of film.
    A small role wouldn't require much neogrations.

If they go with Xavier changing mind with younger self that means It might not be till midway through film till the switch happens.

Rogue Is very possable for Time Traveler If they go with a physical time
    travel.

Bishop Is very unlikely to be time traveler.

15. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

if they don't show wolverine fighting sentinels and being killed i'l be disappointed as no one would be expecting it as wolverine has been shown to be almost invincible and it would show just how big this threat is

and obviously if the future is changed in the end he wouldn't end up being killed anyway

but hey not building up hopes on that =)

16. Snikt

Snikt Well-Known Member

Exactly. Just based on what actors have said in the past, such as Marion Cotillard saying she wasn't playing Talia al Guul, or even Hugh Jackman himself saying he wasn't in First Class, I'm not too keen on believing what anybody says anymore :D

17. JP

JP Smelly

18. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Cant say that I am excitied about this. I dislike Wolverine so much I havent even watched his movie yet. I just pray that he doesnt take the film over like they had him do with X1-3.

19. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

I hope not! Fassbender could act Jackman off the screen anyway. The other actors will have to step up their game seriously against him.

20. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Why would anyone hate Wolverine? :(

21. 747

747 Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Am I the only one being stoked that Wolverine is in the script?

22. X-Maniac

Overexposure, at the expense of other characters.

23. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

Yeah I expect some stellar acting from the X-Cast this time around. And the good thing is that all the major xmen characters can all actually act. Kudos to Singer and Vaughn for casting amazing and, in the case of Paquin, Berry and soon-to-be lawrence, oscar winning actors instead of action stars.

You know I never realised or even appreciated the acting talent in these X-Men films. Here's hoping DoFp breaks ocar barriers and gets nominated/wins some major oscars.

24. X-Maniac

If only Fassbender hadn't slipped into an Irish accent at the end of First Class! He was otherwise pitch perfect in the intensity stakes.

25. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

Not so much compared to many other franchises and standalone movies. So he doesnt sell as much as some fans seem to think.

I could post a list of countries who supported FC much more than Wolverine.

International market isnt about two or three countries, so if all those countries together supported FC with better numbers than XO Wolverine, the 'Wolverine sells" doesnt make sense anymore.

And, XO: W in fact wasnt a solo movie, since he had fan favourites like Gambit, (young) Cyclops and Emma, more other supporting roles like Deadpool and Blob. It was team movie more than a solo movie. Of course, now there will be fans that will say the general audience werent interested in them. yeah, tell that to anyone else.

It was another team movie with Wolverine as the lead, but this time with new actors playing those known mutants.

The curious thing is that the very first movie of a new franchise like Ironman, with a lead actor less famous than Hugh made much more movie than a movie with Wolverine, Gambit, Deadpool, young Cyclops and young Emma.

But no, Wolverine sells tickets. :yay: